rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ECC : H v Munster Sun 17th December ko 5.30pm live on BT
Game after: AP : H v Saracens Sun 24th December ko 3.00pm live on BT

Gloucester v Tigers AP Match Preview
TheLeicesterTigers.co.uk (IP Logged)
25 January, 2016 18:42
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 22:26 by Tiggs.

Re: Gloucester v Tigers AP Match Preview
25 January, 2016 20:18
Thanks Chris .. we can do this, but will we? Yeah, 50d it, why not?

As for the comparison twixt rugby now and two decades past, there is none for they are utterly different animals

I like the much higher standard of play in the newer game, but am bemused by it's suicidal tendencies .. a little like veal it is becoming pasty, too much blood being sucked out of it for the gratification of ...... butchers?

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Stopsy (IP Logged)
25 January, 2016 21:05
Muito obrigado amigo.

This is the archetypal "after the Lord Mayor's Show" game that will tell us more about this squad than anything else.

Can we shelve Europe and focus on a determination to prevail at Kingsholm in the league?

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
26 January, 2016 07:46
Always difficult to come out of Europe and face a Challenge cup team away straight after Champions Cup rugby. Quins, Sale and Glaws really have a big advantage over the other big teams this year.

I hope if we can't win we can get back to our old habit of getting close. Or even better our older habit (from Aaron's playing time) of scoring 4 tries even if we lose. One or two points would be ok. A win would be fantastic. Nothing and the top two start to look a long way off.

S4llyC (IP Logged)
26 January, 2016 08:33
Many thanks Chris, for another super piece. A win at Castle Grim would be the ideal way to kickstart Tigers' 6Ns period, and I'm sorry it isn't a televised game, as I reckon it could be a cracker.

Rich W (IP Logged)
26 January, 2016 09:03
Thanks Chris - another fine piece of work.

I hear what your saying about the way the game has changed. Much of it is demonstrably not for the better imo. Yes the game is faster and the 'hits' bigger and the skills more outrageous; the tactics are more refined and the ball is in play longer but with all that something has been lost - both in terms of accessibility and also in terms of integrity as the laws become more subjective and officials more inconsistent as they try (and fail) to deal with everything. I still wholeheartedly support the right of players to earn a living from their commitment and effort but the demands on them for each pound of flesh has become excessive. I worry I really do.

I find myself, as you know, completely distanced, now, from an Invitational game that is not interested in my support and I dread the day that I begin to feel the same about the club game. Still the apparatchiks of PRL, like the blazered buffoons at the RFU and 'World Rugby' will carry on their arrogant way regardless of what you or I think.

As for this weekend - I'm quite hopeful. Glaws are vulnerable and I suspect we have a few players champing at the bit - for various reasons. Glaws defensive frailties may be just what our burgeoning but 'not quite firing yet' attack needs to free itself off.

Like Sally I do rather wish it was on tv.

ChrisC (IP Logged)
26 January, 2016 09:47
Indeed Rich.

In my reverie of the past I also fondly remembered how you and Andrea and Helen and I would meet up at various away fixtures and laugh and drink cold beer in already freezing weather.

Significant I think to the malaise that I see in our sport that travelling support has dropped away.

I know some still loyally travel and much kudos to them but "back in the day" we were legion.

Sad - we'll for me anyhow.

Rich W (IP Logged)
26 January, 2016 10:06
Quite so. We still go to the very occasional away fixture - usually when doing so allows us to take in a trip to see family or friends or a visit to somewhere we like but such times are rare indeed.

Your company is missed as always.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
26 January, 2016 13:30
Good read as usual, whilst you're down there , can you pop round to their training ground and get us the inside? you know line out calls etc. lol

27 January, 2016 12:20
Chris lives in Drabbyshire now

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Mr Realistic (IP Logged)
28 January, 2016 12:32
Excellent article as ever Chris although I would challenge one comment - "Gloucester are not as invincible at Kingsholm as once they were". I suppose we never used to lose at home at all in the "good old days" but in the 2015 calendar the only loss was to Saracens and that went right to the wire.

Looking forward to a cracking game in front of a full house.

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
28 January, 2016 12:50
That puts the challenge in context!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net