rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

Tigers v Sale Sharks AP Match Preview
TheLeicesterTigers.co.uk (IP Logged)
01 February, 2016 19:42
What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2016 16:42 by Tiggs.

Re: Tigers v Sale Sharks AP Match Preview
Stopsy (IP Logged)
01 February, 2016 21:02
Thanks Chris, Sale will be at their belligerent best I suspect after 6 wins on the bounce?

There seems to be a deep hostility to Leicester from Sale as a club, I hope the curate's egg will be enough.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
01 February, 2016 21:10
Well written, Tigers need to be on their guard, but can't see past a home win.

daktari (IP Logged)
01 February, 2016 22:01
Need to front up , beat them at the set piece , the rest will follow. Thanks for yet another fine prose.

Johns (IP Logged)
01 February, 2016 22:10
Thank you Chris, I expect the lessons learnt last week will have received attention in training this week.

02 February, 2016 09:19
I like that last paragraph for several reasons, but I wonder if there will ever be the sublime 80 minutes .. I get the impression even the All Blacks tend to hold and peak

A fair trade banana skin is lurking at Welford Road this weekend and Stale have steadily built, stabilising shaky foundations. We can win, we can win well, but actually I'm expecting ugly with a win as a possible bonus

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Stopsy (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 10:27
OSV - join me in the glum club!

Tigger (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 14:53
Quote:
Stopsy
Thanks Chris, Sale will be at their belligerent best I suspect after 6 wins on the bounce?
There seems to be a deep hostility to Leicester from Sale as a club, I hope the curate's egg will be enough.

Stropsy....I wonder why there is a deep hostility towards Tigers....mmmmm

Quote...
Having conceded a penalty try to London Irish the portents for the Sale pack when opposing Tigers at Welford Road must be filling Steve Diamond with trepidation – I only hope we don’t see a repeat of that disgraceful episode a few years back when they refused to scrummage and the referee let them get away with it. One bright spot is that they had Greg Garner last week so that lengthens the odds on this week’s encounter being ruined.

Get over it!

Great article ruined some what by the above....used to love coming to Welford Road but not been for a while..and not die to not winning! I persevered at Kingsholm for years and then two come along at once!....hope it is a good game and the right team win...Sale winking smiley

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/DEmmerich/gws21.jpg

Please try to keep discussions generally polite. ADMIN will ban without warning anyone who makes a post that falls into any of the following categories: potentially legally actionable; foul or abusive; deliberately or persistently disruptive; spam. No sockpuppets. Please do not feed the trolls.

daktari (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 15:09
Well the man in the middle is going to ruin the game and create a very disjointed game with his stop start time consuming whistle happy way.

Rich W (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 15:21
Quote:
Tigger
Quote:
Stopsy

Stropsy....I wonder why there is a deep hostility towards Tigers....mmmmm

Quote...
Having conceded a penalty try to London Irish the portents for the Sale pack when opposing Tigers at Welford Road must be filling Steve Diamond with trepidation – I only hope we don’t see a repeat of that disgraceful episode a few years back when they refused to scrummage and the referee let them get away with it. One bright spot is that they had Greg Garner last week so that lengthens the odds on this week’s encounter being ruined.

Get over it!

Great article ruined some what by the above....used to love coming to Welford Road but not been for a while..and not die to not winning! I persevered at Kingsholm for years and then two come along at once!....hope it is a good game and the right team win...Sale winking smiley

So what?

In a consideration of the up-coming game it's not valid to look at previous events?

Still good to know that sale fans think that degree of cheating and refereeing malfeasance is acceptable!

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 17:07
Quote:
Rich W

So what?

In a consideration of the up-coming game it's not valid to look at previous events?

Still good to know that sale fans think that degree of cheating and refereeing malfeasance is acceptable!

Putting aside the accuracy or otherwise of the terminology, I strongly suspect that most fans of most clubs would think it acceptable, provided they come out on the right side of it! Ok, perhaps with a rather sheepish grin as they do so!

Or, if we're looking at previous events, we could just suggest our flanker knocks the ball from your scrummy's hands as he's putting in! (Sm100) Glass houses?

Apart from that, a good and reasonably even-handed preview, thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2016 17:13 by ageinghoody.

Rich W (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 19:28
Never said that that was anything but wrong. But I don't remember it being against Sale.

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 20:02
Quote:
Rich W
Never said that that was anything but wrong. But I don't remember it being against Sale.

I doubt many of your co-Tigers fans see it as anything but a part of the rough and smooth which comes with the game.

It clearly wasn't against Sale, but I expect the rudely interrupted scrum-half will play some part on Saturday.

Rich W (IP Logged)
02 February, 2016 21:25
You mean the scrum who was caught trying to feed the ball into the back-row?

I think plenty of us would have preferred Backy not to have done that. But it was one penalty out of many. As opposed to many penalties incurred through planned deliberate cheating.

You want to throw stones because you don't like us - ok. But at least try to see your own flaws eh?

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
03 February, 2016 08:06
I certainly don't dislike Tigers or their fans: or any other club for that matter. I'll leave that nonsense to other sports.

We even have a Tigers shirt in our house which I gave my Loughborough born wife for her birthday a few years ago!

As for stone-throwing, I was just suggesting that probably none of us are squeaky-clean enough to be too precious about "questionable" tactics.

I find in the majority of cases it seems to be "gamesmanship" when it's done by us, and "cheating" when done to us. Especially when it succeeds!

IanC (IP Logged)
03 February, 2016 08:31
Because the actions of one person in a pressure situation is exactly the same as a coached tactic.

Oh well, no matter. For the record, brilliant preview as always Chris, not at all "ruined" by citing a known modus operandi of one of the teams!

ageinghoody (IP Logged)
03 February, 2016 16:41
Well, I'm sad if my observation has caused offence, that wasn't the intention.

I've offered the same opinion in the past, face to face with "opposing" fans in pre and post match bars and in the stands, and nearly always found some grudging agreement ...even after the notorious "15 minute scrum" at The Rec a couple of seasons ago (and that WAS embarrassing!).

Indeed I thought at first that was the incident being referred to by ChrisC in his preview (and yes, it's excellent and very comprehensive!) but later comments make it clear we're talking about a Tigers/Sharks match. Either I didn't see that one, or I was myself suffering from that highly selective vision I've been suggesting we all suffer from occasionally.

Whatever, I'm looking forward to Saturday and a good game, Mr W notwithstanding. Perhaps next week we can differ about which of us he disliked more!

I'll now leave you in peace!

Stopsy (IP Logged)
03 February, 2016 18:18
No problem with alternative views constructively delivered as yours are Ageinghoody. You are absolutely right that we (our own team) "play to the ref", "play to the edge", "engage in sportsmanship" whereas you (other team) "cynically cheat", "are destroying the game", "thugs", "will someone think of the children".

Lionator (IP Logged)
03 February, 2016 18:26
Wasn't the situation in question, where the Sale pack were stepping backwards on engagement causing all sorts of issues?

Tiggs (IP Logged)
03 February, 2016 18:47
Yup.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net