rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game : Sat. 21st January : ERC Home v Glasgow Warriors 5.30pm live on BT
Game After : Sat. 28th January : AWC Home v Northampton Saints 3.00pm live on BT

Owen Williams' Injury
jojo (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 14:55
OK so now we know he is going. But how bad is the injury he suffered on Sunday? The way his arm was being shielded looked like a possible break. Does anyone know how bad it is.

Mrs JJ

Re: Owen Williams' Injury
Wils (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:36
He will be named as the starting 10 this weekend, then 25 minutes before kick-off, the work of fiction that's Tigers team sheet will show Burns at 10.

jojo (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:38
Very helpful as always Wils

Mrs JJ

Tiger tiger (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:50
Quote from Mauger on Radio Leicester twitter says he's had a scan but they haven't had the results yet.

Wils (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:51
Quote:
jojo
Very helpful as always Wils
Mrs JJ

Glad I could be of assistance...as eversmiling smiley

jojo (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 16:57
Thanks TT.

Mrs JJ

KevinR (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 14:53
Fit for Glasgow, apparently - along with Dom & Marcos :-)

Wils (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 16:29
Williams fitness - 2 scenarios:

1. He is ''fit'', therefore will be nowhere near Saturdays selection(as he is not fit!).

2. We pick a team with him in it, because he is ''fit'' & he ''drops out'' pre-game with Jack Roberts installed instead.

All based on recent history and the work of fiction that is Tigers team selection these days.

irishaxeman (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 16:33
Get a life FFS

S4llyC (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 17:50
Yet again, Wils, you hijack a thread about a player's recovery to start another interminable rant against the club - it's the medical set-up, the communications, the coaching- the colour of the players' jockstraps, will that be next?

FFS give it a rest. I really wonder why you don't just find another club/sport to follow, since there is so much wrong in this one.

Jon T (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 17:56
I thought last minute team changes were all part of Cockers shortcomings as a good DOR. Perhaps its just that all team selections are subject to last minute alterations?

Glad I really don't care whether a last minute fitness issue means theres a change. Must be really upsetting for some more delicate souls.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 18:32
Last minute team changes annoy me but I don't blame the club. You have to name people who might be fit then replace them if they fail the fitness test, rather than the other way round. I'd prefer naming the team an hour before kick off like the football do.

Anyway, Williams being fit is good. Hopefully he can get a Wales cap and leave on a high (before tanking at Gloucester ....)

Wils (IP Logged)
17 January, 2017 18:50
Agree Williams being fit is a good thing, never said it was not - we need all hands on deck.

My point is simply when is a fit Tigers player fit?.

History tells us that fit players often don't make it to game day.

Oh, I must put in the obligatory FFS!

TTFN.

(Sm26)

18 January, 2017 10:22
I don't think any team should be announced until 5 minutes before kick-off.

All players in the pre-match warm up would be forced to wear hoods and gowns (to hide body shape which would obviously give the game away)

Then there should be an unveiling ceremony (perhaps involving the burning of the opposing team's effigy)where all the hoods are removed to reveal who's playing.

It would add to the drama and entertainment of the match day experience although I haven't worked out the full details and there is a KKK element which I'm a tad nervous about.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
18 January, 2017 11:16
Not all pointy hoods are KKK. They could be penitents, as in Spain, which after the team's last outing, would seem appropriate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Leicester Tigers Poll

Tigers Best Signing for 2016/17 so far is.....

See results > Submit >>