http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

And Barrow
jojo (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 15:59
Agrees new contract

Re: Dom Barrow stays
Wils (IP Logged)
11 January, 2017 18:14
I think Tigers have been sneaky here, as part of the concussion protocol, Barrow has been asked to sign his name - of course he was so out of it all with his head injury(s) - he did not realise that he was signing a new contract!. Probably on less money!.

Then the headaches stopped & he spoke to his agent about a move to Glaws(Tigers new second home) and was told he signed an extension to his existing one last week - so he is still a Tigers player!.

Simples.
smiling smiley

Tiggs (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 12:35
Barrow has committed himself to the club until the end of 2017/18 season.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Johns (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 12:41
Just one year why not a minimum of two years?

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 13:03
Quote:
Johns
Just one year why not a minimum of two years?

I suspect a few of the locks are waiting to see who is going to get the majority of starts. (Same reason why Kitchener is on one year I guess). Also club maybe want to look around?

Wils (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 13:10
Probably the best everyone can do - a one year extension in the wake of the mess that passes for the rugby department

Barrow has great potential

Who is going to maximise that talent?

I would imagine Tigers were panicking & desperate to launch some good news in the wake of recent events

Jon T (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 13:22
Give it a rest, thank god you weren't born in Bristol or West Hartlepool then you'd really know how grim supporting a club can be.

You say we have a lot of 'squad players' who aren't really good enough. But we can only sign better (more expensive) players by making room in the cap. Sign players up for 2 or 3 years and that room wont be there. Barrow is a great prospect but seems very susceptible to injury, particularly Head injuries, we're he on a 3 year contract he and the club would be right in the crosshairs.

Wils (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 13:30
Eh?, you need to read my post

I stated clearly Barrow has great potential

Given our DoR has just been sacked - it's reasonable to ask who will develop Barrow further?

And are you really thinking the club was not desperate to announce some good news after the last few months turmoil?

You need to get real & recognise the major issues on the boardroom table right now

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 13:51
Wils you need to lower your happy pills intake too much optimism.

Jon T (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 15:03
Quote:
Wils
Eh?, you need to read my post
I stated clearly Barrow has great potential

Given our DoR has just been sacked - it's reasonable to ask who will develop Barrow further?

And are you really thinking the club was not desperate to announce some good news after the last few months turmoil?

You need to get real & recognise the major issues on the boardroom table right now

Oh I've read your post, and like 99% of your posts its overwhemingly negative.

Probably the best everyone can do Negative- a one year extension in the wake of the mess that passes for the rugby department Negative

Barrow has great potential - about as positive as you get, Damned with faint praise, not 'Great news', 'Good news.' Great player, good player, just potentially great.

Who is going to maximise that talent? Negative One coach gone, One promoted already, one employed part time. Coaching review being undertaken.

I would imagine Tigers were panicking & desperate to launch some good news in the wake of recent events Negative Panicking to release good news? - Er, its contract renewal time, we get these updates every year, its one of 4 yesterday, there'll be many more over the coming weeks.

I could be wrong and this seems like the club has agreed to take up the 3rd year option on his original contract, many seem to be a 3 year deal, with the 3rd being optional a chance for either side to break the deal. Sometimes that extra year is extended with new terms, sometimes not.

If The club had re-signed Dom for 3 years and he'd gone down injured again next match, then they'd have been damned for re-signing another injury prone player. IMO its a good deal for both player and club, Dom gets to prove his long term injury stability, if he proves that, he may get a better deal, He might also be wanting to see how things go with the coaching set up, I doubt there were many other clubs, offering better terms given his injury record for us, particularly his bad luck with head injuries.

Its always so negative, I'm not particularly happy, I think the club are wrong on the Cockers decision, but you move on. I'm willing to give Mauge and the club a chance to rebuild and see if one voice does make the difference to the jekyl and hyde performances we've had this year.

Its always black , black , black, hide the sharps, damn I've knocked over my half full glass. Yes we've lost 3 games on the trot, but the last two were within a score to arguably the two best teams in Europe, definitely in England. With nearly 3 million pounds of Salary cap out through injury.

seventyeight (IP Logged)
12 January, 2017 15:20
(Sm128)

12 January, 2017 15:30
Excellent re-signing

Spot on

One year is fine in the circumstances

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Leicester Tigers Poll

Tigers Best Signing for 2016/17 so far is.....

See results > Submit >>