rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

Current Page: 12 of 12

Re: O/T I had a cup of tea today
irishaxeman (IP Logged)
18 September, 2017 21:52
Resolution Tea, sold at that paragon of tea rooms, Bothams of Whitby. I brought some home following a superb afternoon's blowout with chicken and brie butties followed by scones and clotted cream. Heaven.

19 September, 2017 11:11
Quote:
arh53
It's fine, toast it, store it put it in the microwave (with a bit of cheese on top for a nice Welsh rarebit)

Given 'toast' is the euphemism for 'lineout' then it certainly needs a machine that goes 'Ping!' to accompany the major surgery demanded .. if a Blaze couldn't do it, just rewarming the old and stale will fail!

And, if I was served cheese on toast as 'Welsh rarebit' I would want those responsible on toast too!

Sack arh53 now I say .. before it's too soon!

Would anyone like a sweetener?

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

25 September, 2017 15:42
Organised a staff day out to the smoke to help bond and learn about the latest new blends etc. Pretty successful but as with all staff days out it got a bit messy and a few sore heads turned up the at the Empire the next day. Not sure if they'll be up to a full week of 'baristaring' but I've contacted Rushden University student's union to see if I can knick some temporary bar staff should the need arise.

Still the new toaster went ok and the roof's fully patched up now.

I worried though, about the remnants of an Ex hurricane approaching from the South West which may well weaken and blow a hole in the repairs.

25 September, 2017 17:47
I was quite impressed by the staff effort at the weekend and rather wondered if they'd been relieved at not having to suffer warmed-up toast, they'd been over doing the espresso, or had imbibed a Skinny-organic-soya-moccha-yak's-foam-frappu-chino or few .. certainly my visit was enjoyable and the monkey proffered some very fine {PG} tips

Talking of monkeys, though, the one on the back that is currently the elephant in the Tigers' room and could be a latest dromedary straw and far from a meerkat's 'Simples' come my next order is disconcerting

02 October, 2017 17:07
We're all a bit annoyed at the Empire.

The roof held up but some are saying that the winds from the South West weren't as strong as we'd been led to believe over the weekend. Well thanks a lot. Nothing to do with my repairs being good and strong etc.

On another matter I've decided to open 24/7 in an attempt to squeeze as much profit from my asset (and the good people/person of Rushden) as possible. I know the coffee quality will suffer and a few baristas will no doubt crumple but who cares?

See you next week. We're running a St Patricks day early special. All very tasteful obviously with my staff dressed as leprechauns and shamrocks shapes embedded in the frothy coffee ones.

05 October, 2017 11:25
Thought I'd try the Empire Tea Rooms subsidiary, The Dominion Mobile Tea Bar [in a lay-by near you] on Monday evening, but it was shut

So much for the 'A' TEAm eye rolling smiley

Stopsy (IP Logged)
05 October, 2017 11:47
I hope the staff leave their Whiskey tasting until after the St Patrick's Day special, I'd hate them to start dropping the trays again.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
06 October, 2017 12:08
This week we have given some of the Baristas a week off to rest before our guest appearance in a popular French establishment. Also we have one or two, or is that ten, workers with niggles who could hopefully benefit with a rest.
We just hope that this weekend will be very quite with our skeleton staff, or it could become very messy !

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Stopsy (IP Logged)
07 October, 2017 10:02
I hope our new baristas seize the opportunity to demonstrate how to deliver excellent service and as a bonus get a tip, we have gone for too many sessions without the bonus of tips.

10 October, 2017 14:10
To honest I thought the week went well although one of my new baristas did drop some fruit on the floor which I only just about managed to avoid.

A bit disappointed at some of my regular customers who thought the coffee was off a bit and the service a bit slow. Given that much of the Empire's staff this week were on zero hours contracts I was quite pleased. I did have to 'bang heads' together a few times in the kitchen but to be honest this had an adverse effect and if anything my coffee blends strayed from their usual full bodied strength.

I'm tempted to use these zero hour contracts boys again, especially given their aptitude for dealing with those predicted cream shortages and the need to continue making those lovely hot chocolates for which the Empire's famous.

arh53 (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 15:50
Are the issues with the toast finally at an end though. Can't comment myself as I didn't manage to visit last weekend. Think the French toast might be better still though this coming weekend.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
10 October, 2017 16:54
I'd still like to see the tip jar more full, hopefully all the staff will turn up for their roster this week.

10 October, 2017 18:16
The service was shambolic at times last weekend, but if they were on zero hours contracts I'm unsurprised, they are anathema

Oh, and 'banging heads' causes concussion.

Try fair trade instead [and I might just check what the cream substitute they were using actually is .. in your cup at least]

That said, there were few breakages and much effort forthcoming .. I can only think it's loyalty to the customers despite Dickensian working practices

Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net