rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game : Sat. 25th March : AP Away v Northampton Saints 3.00pm ko live on BT
Game After : Sat. 8th April : AP Away v Bath Rugby 2.00pm ko live on BT

AWC Final attendance
Tiggs (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 12:27
Was just 6,834, did they pick the right venue on the right w/e ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Re: AWC Final attendance
Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:02
Were many tickets left unsold? When the tickets went on sale I had a look and the seats behind goal weren't for sale.

Parcdeprince (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:25
Both behind goal sections were closed off.
Given that the clubs only have one week to sell tickets on a busy 6 Nations week end I'd say both the turn out and the venue were right.supposed to be a development tourney after all. V good turn out in comparison to an A league match.
No other weekend when it could be played.
Given that the finalists turned out to be us and Exeter Quins was not a bad shout for the venue. Would have been a long haul if Scarlets or Newcastle made the final, but that would be true of most options.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 13:28
They didn't even open the end stands.

It needs a change up, I think possibly making top seed host the final?

Alternatively it needs to be in an area where it is more of an event, in Twickenham the rugby crowd is so well catered for already. If it were in Newcastle, Manchester or even Leicester the general rugby population (as opposed to the fan bases of the clubs) gets few "events" outside their usual home games.

If it was at Welford Road for instance, even if we didn't make the final, I think you'd get that many neutrals along before selling to the finalists. They could also host it in Wales, particularly Llanelli or Swansea on the same basis, or host it at a Championship ground like Leeds or Doncaster.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:30
What was really funny was the guy in the fab zone trying to get things going and no one was interested

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Leicester Tigers Poll

Tigers Best Signing for 2016/17 so far is.....

See results > Submit >>