rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game : Fri 28th & Sat 29th July Premiership 7's away at Saints ko TBC
Pre-season: A v Ospreys 11th August, H v Treviso 18th August & H v Ospreys 25th August

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Re: MOC returning as Head coach
IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:18
AM leaving after the Saints game apparently, strange business

tbtb (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:25
What a joke, surprised BK would be party to this.

Cohen/Glynn on incredibly shaky ground.

Elder (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:25
So, what we need is a DoR who:-
- has the requisite experience
- can form a good bond with MOC, work well together
- can take charge of coaching the forwards
- knows 'the Leicester way'

Hmmm, let me think.......

OK, I'll waive the usual finders fee, settle for a flat 100k this time. PM me Mr Cohen and I can let you know the name of the chap I have in mind.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:26
Not over or under whelmed al MOC returning, so I suppose just whelmed. As stated above by others, still so many unanswered questions, not least, has the Board completed its review to ascertain the new structure? Presumably, or they surely couldn't make this change. In which case they could at least say what other, if any, positions are to be determined.

Not as yet instilling confidence that things are getting sorted satisfactory.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:27
So Thacker to Worcs
Evans to Wasps
Harrison to Sale
Etc
Etc
Etc

tbtb (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:28
Now any incoming DoR will have essentially no money or control to appoint both his own coaching and playing staff.

Who would want such a job?

irishaxeman (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:31
One day someone will write a true account of this appalling saga, and I expect 2 Board members in particular to feature strongly.

Somone has had a hard-on for Ford returning, Cockers getting the boot (was that part of the plan along with other decisions), and I suspect that AM going was on the cards from Cockers being sacked.....effectively a double sacking.
MOC returning......being made redundant and not having the money for a season ticket at the moment has been softened by this news. My feelings about this coach were also conditioned by the info I referred to about the forwards' attitude to him. Small sweary Aussies with favourites don't cut it with large forwards with a Costa habit, it seems. YBY will be chuffed, but I wonder if Smithy will be retiring soon.....will be interested to see who ducks out of re-signing and who seeks to move on early.
Really really wonder WTF having consultants for to choose a second-rater with person management issues.I'd rather have had Meyer back, Borthdick for forwards coach and Oz for backs - and I wouldn't want any of those.
I feel better now, the tablets are kicking in and the rum is helping.....my wife is now having a meltdown over this (Sm106)

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:31
Quote:
tbtb
Now any incoming DoR will have essentially no money or control to appoint both his own coaching and playing staff.

That's assuming there is a DOR role.

Rich W (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:33
Oh ffs!

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:33
Quote:
tbtb
What a joke, surprised BK would be party to this.
Cohen/Glynn on incredibly shaky ground.

But he must have been. As has Rory. And the man who really pulls the strings, Peter Tom.

And BK must have known all about this as he commentated on Sunday.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:37
Quote:
IDLETIMES
AM leaving after the Saints game apparently, strange business

Was always on the cards if they could get the new bloke in before the season end.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:40
Quote:
tbtb

No-one so that's why there is no-one coming in over MOC. We should be asking who he is bringing with him?

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:42
Well, thank $/^@#$ we kept the @#$% screens around the coaches area to reduce the @#$%@# heard by those in the Crumbie.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:43
Quote:
irishaxeman
One day someone will write a true account of this appalling saga, and I expect 2 Board members in particular to feature strongly.

I suspect one tbh. Rest are his puppets.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:08
Quote:
Yorkie
As I said, an announcement missing. Or announcements even?

Very poor communication strategy from club if so. Should always announce the main man first.

Players seem to have been informed by the media?

Shere Khan (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:27
Yorkie, you have made it very obvious that you don't like Peter Tom. Does he have something on you, or do you have something on him?
I can't understand why a person who has given so much of his life to the Club would suddenly what to pull the rug from under everyone's feet.

Another question, I don't know the answer -
Has all this unrest started from when BK joint the Board?

[res.cloudinary.com]

Especially any resident ones.

Seal (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:37
Can anyone elaborate on the YBY favouritism and O'Connors reputation of disliking young players?

The Bard (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:40
Will he bring Lancaster with him?

tbtb (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:44
Quote:
The Bard
Will he bring Lancaster with him?

(Sm112)(Sm112)(Sm112)(Sm112)(Sm112)(Sm112)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/03/2017 20:45 by tbtb.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 20:47
Look on the bright side. Everybody will be thoroughly honed in all the essential skills of effing and blinding. And I can think of one who will be delighted, at least if the Bard's hideous question is answered in the negative.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Leicester Tigers Poll

Tigers Best Signing for 2016/17 so far is.....

See results > Submit >>