rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

S.C.
IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 18:46
Well, well, well, love him or loathe him, he did say in Feb., to much abuse and derision from some, that we would win a trophy.

Re: S.C.
Lionator (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:14
It's a shame the consultancy firm he hired didn't highlight how grossly incompetent he is.

Absolutely not the man who should be the CEO of a club with the fanbase and history of Tigers and I think us supporters should start making our voices a little louder in his direction.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:15
Consultancy firm?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:27
I am just saying what he said. As a person, I get on very well with him. As a CEO I don't know who the Board would have instead, if he was no good in that job the Board would act

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 March, 2017 19:35
People's ire is being aimed at the wrong man imvho. Peter Tom is the one who needs to move on. He controls everything.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Jon T (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 02:16
I'm pretty sure Tom doesn't negotiate player contracts.

jojo (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 02:34
Look, people need to keep their powder dry for the time being. I'm not enamoured by Simon but we tried the experiment of waiting for Aaron for a season (wasted time IMO)gave him and Richard some time to see if they could blend together (didn't work). Now they have looked around foe another candidate to take us forward. Personally I would have put in the frame not in any particular order, Paul Gustard, Pat Lam and Eddie Jones my opinion but none of them are available.

Who else should we consider? Can't think of too many.

At least we have made a quick decision.

Now IMO we have Geordan, Ant and Brett one f which COULD be the next guy to take us forward but need some time to develope and need some experience to back them up. MatOC may be the guy to do that. Hope we keep hold of G, A and B and they can work with him and he wants them to stay.

Johns (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 08:13
Seems to me we stumbled over Geordan, Ant, Bret and Boris as coaches to take us forward.

Some may say it was the plan.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 08:28
In what way did we "stumble over" those four? I can see that their being available as coaches may have been serendipitous, but it's not as if they were just out there completely unknown. Geordan is a long-term prospect from a while back as far as I can see, Stanko went off to get coaching experience and we have him back. Allen seems to be one we have kept on as part of the coaching lineup because he had a particular skill of reading the game and running a defensive line in particular, and Brett has been given a shot and is making a decent fist of it.

I don't see any particular reason for knocking that. That the headline choices for coaching roles higher up the tree haven't worked out is a matter for sadness, but doesn't strike me as a reason for assuming there is nothing but headless chickenry in the coaches coming up.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Wilts Tiger (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 08:48
SC You are spot on there Geordan has been our head coach prospect for ages even went on a tour of NZ clubs for awhile to take in experience of southern hemisphere methods.
regarding the likes of Stanko, Ant Allen, Brett they were in the club coaching system but were brought up to the first team position & have shown to have been doing a pretty good job
My only concern regarding MOC is he didn't seem to be one who would bring on the youngsters alot but even that may not have been all under his control at the time.
I say we have to give this time to see how it pans out, But we will need to hit the ground running pretty quick if we want to do anything more this season.
We can't as a club do anymore changes to the Coaching setup any time soon as players will not want to come or stay if we do, this has to be the final position for quite awhile.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:21
I hope that with Deacon and Murphy (hopefully) still involved that they will be voices for the younger players.

At least MOC knows all the current assistant coache since he coached them as players.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:29
Makes the sacking of Cockers even more ridiculous than it already was. I have some sympathy for AM, now. You win the cup and get the sack

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
21 March, 2017 09:30
Quote:
IDLETIMES
Makes the sacking of Cockers even more ridiculous than it already was. I have some sympathy for AM, now. You win the cup and get the sack

Interesting point that how involved was Mauger in the AWC?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net