rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP : H v Worcester Warriors Sat 25th November ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game after: AP : A v Wasps Sat 2nd December ko 3.00pm live on BT

Glorious underdogs teams up
Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:05
Leicester Tigers (v Wasps, away, Saturday 5.15pm)
15 Telusa Veainu
14 Adam Thompstone
13 Mathew Tait
12 Owen Williams
11 Peter Betham
10 Freddie Burns
9 Ben Youngs
1 Ellis Genge
2 Tom Youngs (c)
3 Dan Cole
4 Dom Barrow
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Mike Fitzgerald
7 Brendon O'Connor
8 Luke Hamilton

Replacements
16 George McGuigan
17 Greg Bateman
18 Fraser Balmain
19 Ed Slater
20 Mike Williams
21 Sam Harrison
22 Jack Roberts
23 Matt Smith

Re: Glorious underdogs teams up
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:07
So going for as much weight as poss in the forwards.

Worried about 12/13 balance against a team that has so much speed.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:10
Aim will be to keep the ball away from their backs and the space.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

tigersimon (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:12
Few interesting selections

No 7 cover on bench. Where's Thacker?

Fitzgerald above Williams??

Tait above Roberts!!??

19 May, 2017 11:17
Good luck Tigers

Will require a superhuman effort for 80 minutes

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:17
Guess with the weather being rain we are going for as much muscle in the pack as poss hence no Thacker.

Tait I guess the Roberts and Williams didn't work in defence against Wuss would it work v this Wasps team?

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:23
Tait well known for strengthening the defence?!? Hmm.

We are going to need to give absolutely everything for the cause, show the love for Tom Youngs and his situation and maybe we can put them under some pressure. No doubt whatsoever we are up against the odds, but you never know.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:24
Tom Youngs make his 100th starting appearance for Tigers.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:32
Standing Ovation for Tom before he throws in to our first line-out and if he is subbed off?

KevinR (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 11:49
It was clear from reading between the lines, when Blaze was on RL, that they regard Mike Williams as a work in progress in terms of his understanding of his role at 6. He was being spoken of more as an impact player - I think it also ties in with his fall down the pecking-order with England. Fitzgerald has been consistently top of the tackle stats in games he's played. He also provides another line-out option, one of our problems recently being not enough jumpers, so Barrow and Kitch could be easily marked.

Roberts made a number of bad defensive reads against Wuss and has also bombed some scoring opportunities in recent games with lack of awareness of what was going on around him. He does have pace and tenaciousness, but I wish he had a bit more.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 13:40
We have to get our first up tackles in and keep on tackling until we are sick of tackling and then we have to get up and tackle again, if we do that we will win. by the way did you know that the word genge is an old anglo saxon word for a sort of a standing army. Anyway, good luck everyone, see you all tomorrow, I will be setting off at 1.15pm

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 14:39
Remember, it's the hope that really does you in.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

S4llyC (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 15:22
Well, it's definitely hope rather than expectation I'm feeling. But whatever happens tomorrow, there is only one club I'll support. To even be there, given the rollercoaster season we've had, is nothing short of a miracle.

And I'm hoping for more of the same over the next week and a bit.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 15:27
That's a good looking side, pity Mermoz is missing to give them something to worry about other than Telusa. As has been said, we beat 'em up in the forwards, old school style up the jumper Tigers.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
19 May, 2017 16:23
Will be there. Could be a glorious day for our team. Could be a cricket score for Wasps. That's what makes sport so enthralling, and why we watch.
I will travel tomorrow with hope. But not expectation (other than i do expect our team to front up properly what ever the end score).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net