rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: Pre-season H v Ospreys 25th August ko 7.45
Game after: AP : H v Bath 3rd September ko 3.00pm

Lions test centres?
Yorkie (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 12:12
Who?

The 2 crash ball merchants (Teo and Davies) or one of them (tight call which: Teo for me) plus JJ?

Think against the ABs, need more than just crashing it up which they will just soak up and play off. JJ offers that bit of stardust for me.

And the wing slots up in the air too. Watson probably done enough to grab one shirt but North not impressing thus far. Long way off his best.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: Lions test centres?
Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 12:20
I agree on the centres, JJ for me is a greater threat than Davies. George North is still playing like an expensive luxury, he doesn't seem to look for work if the ball isn't coming his way. I expect he will start next week though in the hope that he proves himself the "big game" player.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/06/2017 12:20 by Tigersfan1.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
I haven't seen much of the games but haven't seen anything from North, Nowell or Watson that has suggested a test berth.

Teo looks good but no one is playing off him when he breaks the tackle which, as you say, invites turnover ball. Teo's defence also looks a bit suspect in terms of alignment.

Elder (IP Logged)
Tour motto is, 'if in doubt, pick a Welshman. '
No way Davies will not play.
See 2nd row too - AWJ will play, so only question is which of Kruis or Itoje misses out.
Even if fit I wouldn't have Warburton in the side either.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 12:26
I reckon so Elder. AWJ and Warburton offer seriously less dynamism than Itoje/Kruis/O'Mahony/O'Brien and others. But I expect them and Davies to start.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 12:40
I'd have
1. Vunipola
2. George
3. Furlong
4. ? Henderson, Itoji ?
5. Kruis
6. O'Mahony
7. O'Brien
8. Faletau

Bench
16. Owens
17. McGrath
18. Cole (Sinckler has done well but experience gets it for me)
19. AWJ
20. Warburton

Rich W (IP Logged)
17 June, 2017 16:29
Think you want Daly involved might play him on the wing I suppose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net

Leicester Tigers Poll

Tigers Best Signing for 2016/17 so far is.....

See results > Submit >>