rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

A cheaper option to May?
Yorkie (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 19:05
Always impressed me on the wing.

Might not have had to sacrifice Ed either?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: A cheaper option to May?
10 August, 2017 19:15
What would it take for Tigers to do something that would give unanimity of joy?

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Yorkie (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 19:22
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries

Win all 3 available pots by 50+ points in the same season after topping the Prem by more than 20 league points? Could add in win every game by 50 points and score at least 7 tries each game?

(Sm1)(Sm3)

Ellistown Tiger (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 19:35
...with home grown players and every game at 15:00 on Saturday and no interruptions from international games.
I'm probably missing something

Yorkie (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 19:38
With free beer and steak sarnies at WR for season ticket holders too?

Rich W (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 20:15
I'd trust Pat Lam's judgement.

Jon T (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 20:17
You really think he'd be cheaper than May? Not a chance and its for next season.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 20:35
Yeh no way is he cheaper than May.
He reportedly on 500K a season at ulster (May apparently on 250K ish at Glous), at Bristol he will be on more no doubt considering how much money there owner has.

And as said wouldn't be available next season.

Fuzzy Dunlop (IP Logged)
10 August, 2017 20:37
Not only would Charles Piutau be on a much higher salary than May it'd take a lot more than Slater to get him released early, probably half the pack.

Johns (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 07:22
Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries

Win all 3 available pots by 50+ points in the same season after topping the Prem by more than 20 league points? Could add in win every game by 50 points and score at least 7 tries each game?

(Sm1)(Sm3)

Typical Yourkie no ambition. (Sm7)

seventyeight (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 07:48

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 07:54
Bargain. Bet Brizz have greener grass too.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

11 August, 2017 09:03
Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries

(Sm1)(Sm3)

And how boring would that would be! A conveyor belt of predictability

Might bring about unanimity of smugness, but the joy would soon wear off

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:18
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries

(Sm1)(Sm3)

In a spirit of empirical inquiry, I'd quite like to test the smugness index and the falling off of joy over time. It would need a solid base of data to work with, spread over a worthwhile period to iron out statistical anomalies. I think ten years of rampaging trebles would give a reasonable study.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:29
Quote:

WOW!!!!

The answer to my question is obviously No.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:31
In all honesty the run of titles and HEC wins did get a bit stale, wouldn't mind a bit of that now though grinning smiley

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:31
Quote:
Tigergeezer
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries

(Sm1)(Sm3)

In a spirit of empirical inquiry, I'd quite like to test the smugness index and the falling off of joy over time. It would need a solid base of data to work with, spread over a worthwhile period to iron out statistical anomalies. I think ten years of rampaging trebles would give a reasonable study.

I'm sure I'd be able to suffer for at least 10 years. Would be tough and sacrifices would be made but I'd struggle through to validate your study.

11 August, 2017 10:16
Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
Tigergeezer
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Quote:
Yorkie
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries

(Sm1)(Sm3)

I'm sure I'd be able to suffer for at least 10 years. Would be tough and sacrifices would be made but I'd struggle through to validate your study.

Recollection indices are freely available from over many years merely by request from those who wandered the pre-professionalism terraces [and can still remember why they came into the room] from tumbleweed to the occasional huddled group of supporters chatting about business, life and exchanging jokes, these supporters turning to the pitch every four minutes or so to applaud yet another Tigers' try before returning to their chattering. After the game they might also chat in the club house to the shell-shocked opposition over a pint or few, which pint had often been pulled by the Tigers' players who had barely broken sweat whilst building yet another record humiliation of all-comers

Halcyon days .. not

Even, latterly, when the scores were tighter and many of our constant successes more exciting the opposition still got uppity and introduced all sorts of stumbling blocks like pay-offs, mock salary caps, outside investment, stadium sales, and Barf, so they at least would have a chance

Stopsy (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 10:21
You missed non-contested scrums from the stumbling blocks OSV smiling smiley

11 August, 2017 10:28
Quote:
Stopsy
You missed non-contested scrums from the stumbling blocks OSV smiling smiley

Sorry Stops .. not meant to be an exhaustive list .. I didn't include them playing better than us either

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2017 10:30 by odd-shaped vagaries.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net