rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

Squad is up
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:39
Leicester Tigers squad (v Ospreys, at Bridgend, Friday 7.30pm)

Forwards: Chris Baumann, Ben Betts, Tom Croft, Will Evans, Mike Fitzgerald, Sam Grahamslaw, Luke Hamilton, Owen Hills, Sam Lewis, Joe Maksymiw, Harry Mahoney, Michele Rizzo, Dominic Ryan, Harry Thacker, Fred Tuilagi, Harry Wells

Backs: George Catchpole, Joe Ford, Tom Hardwick, Jonah Holmes, Jono Kitto, Nick Malouf, Jordan Olowofela, Harry Simmons, Matt Smith, Mathew Tait, Charlie Thacker, Ben White, George Worth

Re: Squad is up
11 August, 2017 09:43
interesting selection.

We have
LH: Rizzo, Hills, Grhamslaw,
H: Thacker, Mahoney
TH: Baumann, Betts
LK: Fitzgerald, Wells, Maksymiw, Lewis
F: Croft, Evans, Ryan,
N8: Hamilton, Tuilagi
SH: Kitto, White
FH: J.Ford, Hardwick
OB: Catchpole, Holmes, Malouf, Olowofela, Smith, Tait, Thacker, White, Worth
Plays everywhere: Simmons

Quite happy he has selected alot of academy players gives them a good chance to stake a early marker.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:50
Looks like a 2nd team to me, not risking injuries ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Rich W (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 09:58
It's an academy squad with a handful of seniors to stiffen it up and a smattering of newbies to settle.

Great to see Will Evans back.

I'll be interested to know if Henry T has made any progress and how Malouf, Holmes and Ryan go.

11 August, 2017 10:07
Quote:
Rich W
It's an academy squad with a handful of seniors to stiffen it up and a smattering of newbies to settle.

I'll be interested to know if Henry T has made any progress and how Malouf, Holmes and Ryan go.

More senior players than academy players by my counting.

daktari (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 10:07

11 August, 2017 10:27
Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
Quote:
Rich W

More seniors but not more from what you might guess would be the first choice starting team versus Barf

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

11 August, 2017 10:31
Quote:
odd-shaped vagaries
Quote:
Ayerza wannabe
Quote:
Rich W

More seniors but not more from what you might guess would be the first choice starting team versus Barf

Yeh just saying it is hardly an academy squad.

Rich W (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 10:51
I really am going to have to go back to adding a disclaimer to the end of every post aren't I.

Right: it's not exactly an academy (wrong word) squad - it is a squad featuring a significant - if not majority - proportion of youth and new players requiring development for them to progress (and/or integrate) into the senior ranks, liberally seasoned with a number of senior first team players.

The senior first team players:
Crpft, Fitz, Luke, Rizzo, Smith, Tait, arguably Kitto (7)

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 11:00
Going by the line-up and what the offy article says, MOC may be using this one to start establishing an overall way of playing together to get more cohesion when "development" squad members and the juniors need to be (or are because that's what he wants) brought up for senior action. And of course good for the new arrivals to get some game time to settle them in. Presumably the Treviso match squad will have more obviously "first pick" players in it, nd the return Sprays much similarly but with a different mix?

Anyway, I'm really intrigued now. If there's a stream of this, it would be great.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

KevinR (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 11:54
It's a 'go out there and show me you deserve to be in the elite squad' selection perhaps?

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 16:19
Am I correct to say that Dan (Lion), Georgeous and the others involved in the summer invitationals can't play again yet? Rest periods and all that.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Tiger in the Bath (IP Logged)
11 August, 2017 17:35
Isn't this a continuation of a pattern from previous years where the squad for the first warm up match has fewer of the biggest names with the last one looking much more like a proper first team squad?

Johns (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 09:18
Kerr came on towards the end of the game and scored a try.

Who is he?

Not listed as an academy, development or first team player.

Loughborough perhaps?

johnthegrif (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 09:34
A team of Kids and vets, Kerr the Loughborough hooker. Kyle Traynor put in a good shift at loose head and Ben Betts at tight. Joe Ford allayed any fears about his ability to come in at 10 when required and I thought Fred Tuilagi had his best game in a Tiger's shirt. Jonah Holmes played well. This was a good performance against what on paper was a stronger Ospreys side.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
12 August, 2017 14:43
Thanks John

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net