rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ECC : H v Munster Sun 17th December ko 5.30pm live on BT
Game after: AP : H v Saracens Sun 24th December ko 3.00pm live on BT

European Travel News
johnthegrif (IP Logged)
30 August, 2017 10:09
Leicester Tigers Away Supporters Club plans for Europe.
For the game v Racing 92 in Paris at 4.15 pm on Saturday 14th October we will leave Welford Rd by coach at 6.30 am on the Friday, travel via Eurotunnel to arrive at our hotel close to the Eiffel Tower late afternoon. We stay for two nights bed & breakfast with the coach taking us to and from the match. Return is on Sunday after breakfast, we should be back at Welford Rd by about 7.30 pm. Cost is just £255.00 per person based on two sharing a room.
For the match v Munster in Limerick on Saturday 9th December at 7.45 pm we will leave at about 7.00 am on Friday 8th to catch the ferry from Holyhead to Dublin then coach to our really nice hotel in central Limerick. The ground is walking distance from the hotel so no need for the coach on Saturday. Return will be after a super breakfast on Sunday and we should be back at Welford Rd by about 8.30 pm. Cost is £310.00 per person based on two sharing a room.
We will be organising a trip to Castre, it will be necessary to book for three nights as we will not know the match day or time until about 20th December, I am undecided at present whether to do this journey by train or coach, I prefer train but cost and timings are important. Watch this space for further news!
If you are interested phone me on 0116 2101056 or come to our table in the Final Whistle AFTER any first team game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/08/2017 10:22 by Tiggs.

Re: European Travel News
IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
31 August, 2017 12:45
Thanks for all you efforts John.

Sleipnir (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 05:23
If anyone is travelling with Flybe for the Castres match in January, please note you can only book in online up to 36 hours before your flight time.

We're flying out of Birmingham on the 11.45 to Toulouse on Fri 12 Jan and returning on the 15.10 on Mon 15 Jan. This means we cannot book in for the outbound journey before 23.45 on Wed 10 Jan or 03.10 on Sat 13 Jan for the return flight. I've been in contact with Flybe and the excuse they gave is, and I quote "The reason why the online check-in option is available 36 hours before departure is to allow our customers to make any last-minute changes to their reservations. Once a passenger is checked in, they can no longer make any changes or add any luggage for their flights on our website. As many passengers choose the automatic check-in option, this would make it impossible for them to make last-minute amendments if the check in times started earlier than 36 hours before the flight."

Jet2 allow online bookings up to 28 days before the flight; EasyJet up to 30 days before and Ryanair up to 60 days before if you pay to book your seat otherwise itís 4 days before. So what is Flybe's problem? This is the first time I've booked flights with them - hell will have to freeze over before I consider doing it again.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:07
Flymaybe are a nightmare.

Way round it if you can't print your boarding pass in your hotel is to get their phone ap and check in via that which will give you a boarding pass on your phone.

Good luck and expect to be delayed or cancelled!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sleipnir (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:14
Yorkie, I'm not sure if we can check in online via the app as this was the first reply I had from Flybe.

Thank you for contacting us in regards to the check-in for your return flight on 15 January.

I can confirm that you will not be able to process the check-in for both flights as they need to be within 36 hours. In addition to this, Toulouse airport does not support the online check-in in any case.

However, if you do not have access to a printer, please feel free to go to the Flybe check-in desk at the airport on the day of travel and present your booking reference and valid passport. One of my colleagues will be more than glad to print the boarding passes at no additional cost.

There could be a queue at the check in desk on that Monday afternoon! (Sm95)

Yorkie (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:48
I believe you can check in via ap (as I'm sure I have in the past) but not before checkin opens 36 hours before take off.

Checkin desk then last resort!

Sleipnir (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 08:52
Thanks Yorkie. I have the app so I'll try it before heading back to Toulouse.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 09:27
Once checked in in UK before you go, should be able to get boarding pass on your phone even if printed out a paper one. Might be worth an investigate?

Stopsy (IP Logged)
25 October, 2017 20:30
Be careful, not all airports can handle phones.

Sleipnir (IP Logged)
26 October, 2017 04:39
According to the reply I received, I think TLS is one of them. A tad surprising considering Toulouse is the centre of the French aerospace industry.

UPDATE - I've just checked my booking on the Flybe app and it says I'll have to check in at TLS on the way back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/10/2017 06:24 by Sleipnir.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net