rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Exeter game
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 11:18
So same team minus injuries etc?
Guessing Ryan will be out most likely.

Could we finally see Evans in the 23? personally think we are missing a jackler esp if the forwards continue making the tackles they are doing.

Tait another one likely out not sure who would replace him.

Prob see who plays tomorrow.

Re: Exeter game
tigersimon (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 11:34
Matt Smith and Harry Thacker fit?

SK 88 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 12:00
Some paper talk that Wells might be cited for contact with the eyes of Mike Brown.

I'd bring Evans in. New laws make accuracy and speed at the breakdown crucial. I think with our current style having Evans as the link man would also be a big advantage.

Elder (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 12:54
I think the size & power of the Ex pack means we willl go for as much beef as possible, although there is an argument to say we won't be able to match their power game whoever we pick, so let's try another approach.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 12:56
If wells gets cited would like to see a pack of
1) Genge
2) Youngs
3) Cole
4) Williams
5) Barrow
6) Kalamafoni
7) Evans
8) Mapaplangi
bench:
16) Thacker/Bateman
17) Bateman/Betts
18) Logo
19) Croft
20) Hamilton

Backs if Smith and Tait out
9) Youngs
10) Ford
11) May
12) Toomua
13) ermmm Owen or Thacker
14) Malouf
15) Veainu

bench
21) Harrison
22) Ford
23) Brady or Catchpole or thacker

24 September, 2017 13:20
If Harry is crocked, and he looked it, it would be interesting to see Bateman at hooker

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

jojo (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 14:47
Happy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2017 17:53 by jojo.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 16:23
No comment.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 16:56
Wasps not showing any more than we are, no need to worry about them and (and it is unfortunate)Sorries seem to be picking up nearly as many injuries as we are.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 16:58
Ex looking a bit good. Wasps demolished before half time. They have a very big pack and solid ball retention in attack - 31 phases at the start. It will be a real test for us.

wombles222 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 17:34
Exeter are champions for a reason! I think we demonstrated in the first 40 today how not to play them. Take that lesson from us and you will be competitive, ignore it and it could be as painful for you as it was for us!

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 18:17
Unless we win with a tb, we will still be on less points than we were after 5 games last season, just thought I would mention it

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 19:48
Doesn't matter when we win our games.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 20:48
I think if (rather than when) we win our games is more pertinent at the moment. There were good signs against Quins - we are improving - but Quins are not really top 4 material at the moment. I still think we are vulnerable against a big bullying pack. Armand was my MOM for Ex this afternoon. To be honest I don't see much point in jackal 7s at the moment - the breakdown is hardly contestable now. Open play turnovers usually occur after a driving tackle or by not giving ground and forcing the kick. A big and mobile back 5 is required for today's line on line rugby.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2017 21:44
Agreed on all points Tom.

Re: Jackals - sad though isn't it? The game is poorer for being more like Rugby Leeeeeeeguh.

Johns (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 07:04
History tells us alot, remember in our JPC days of domination we had sparking backs and a Light Mobile Pack!!

During our back to back premierships and European cups we built our success on a big strong pack.

Ex learnt from us and built a strong pack plus quality backs.

We have forgotten the golden rule, Forwards win games Backs by how many points.

One of our own has started to sort out our pack, however we have not got the big bully boys up front.

Brett sorted out our defence when it replicated a colander.

Hope he can beef up our mobile pack.

tbtb (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 07:37
The last time we had a really strong and mature lock partnership was Deacon/Parling.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 07:38
Just order a truckload of pies. That should do the trick.

S4llyC (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 08:10
Quote:
vicky_c
Just order a truckload of pies. That should do the trick.

It certainly worked for Greg B at the weekend!

Rich W (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 09:02
I'm not sure they it's the case that we haven't got the players in the forwards to win the physical battle - not that you'd ever refuse some extra beef - so much that we don't know how to use them.

I don't want to see Dom Barrow and Dan Cole et al cluttering up the backline by standing still in the 10/12 channel - I want them smashing rucks - smashing past rucks - making hard yards round the fringes and coming from deep when they carry. Is it too much to ask?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net