Latest News:

Next Game: ECC : H v Munster Sun 17th December ko 5.30pm live on BT
Game after: AP : H v Saracens Sun 24th December ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Forwards coach
Elder (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 09:49
Reports linking Danny Wilson of Cardiff, not with us, but with Stains - which presumably means Dorian would be looking for work (we/he wouldn't would we/he??).... but Dorian linked to the Falcons - which presumably means the recently demoted Wellsy would be looking for a move (we/he wouldn't would we/he??).
Of course, our recruitment team is scouring the globe once more for the right person.....
[www.planetrugby.com]

Re: Forwards coach
Yorkie (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 19:26
Whilst I would love to see JW back at Tigers, isn't he a bit of a yesterday's man nowadays? And would he come back after the way the club treated his mate Dean?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Barney_Gumble (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 19:53
Heard a few rumours of Kay being 'brought in' as forwards coach....though I can't say I necessarily believe them.

Swapping a role he's developed as a pundit and managing not to compromise his BoD role at the same time?

Seems unlikely to me.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
25 September, 2017 20:06
Nah can't see that happening prob people overthinking what might happen.

Johns (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 05:43
Quote:
Elder
Of course, our recruitment team is scouring the globe once more for the right person...

Oh Elder where did you get that one from? (Sm22)

You mean the team that recruited our marquee player JPP that was jettisoned after just one year.

Johns (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 07:18
Quote:
Yorkie
Whilst I would love to see JW back at Tigers, isn't he a bit of a yesterday's man nowadays? And would he come back after the way the club treated his mate Dean?

If his old mate and boss Deano does not want him what does that tell you about John Wells.

He was good for us when Dean left but that is a long time ago, times have changed we need to look elsewhere.

Brett did a very good job for after Cockers left and our defence was non existent, he is now turning around our forwards.

We should not kick Brett out, bring in a new Forwards coach to help develop him and the team. Brett may develop into a very good coach as a certain forward back row player that moved to Sarries. Give him a chance, we would look foolish if he moved him on and he became a first class coach.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 08:53
Well he seems to have sorted the A team out....

Rich W (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 09:25
Not sure they were 'un-sorted' tbh.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 17:44
I reckon you could just over coach, time to take stock and firstly fix the lineout, these are top pro's they know what needs doing.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 18:47
Quote:
Johns
Quote:
Elder
Of course, our recruitment team is scouring the globe once more for the right person...

Oh Elder where did you get that one from? (Sm22)

You mean the team that recruited our marquee player JPP that was jettisoned after just one year.

Just to be correct, I don't believe JPP was ever a big tent?

But this mystical recruitment team is certainly a thing of wonder! Or is that something which makes you wonder?

Johns (IP Logged)
26 September, 2017 20:10
Our CEO said he was on one occasion.

Rich W (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 07:17
Quote:
tigerburnie
I reckon you could just over coach, time to take stock and firstly fix the lineout, these are top pro's they know what needs doing.

I think there's something in this.

The club needs someone to do the strategic thinking wrt the forwards - how we want to play and who the personnel should be to achieve it - but that person doesn't need to be doing the day to day drills. That just needs someone to organise them to practice the line-out etc - in the way Boris does with scrummaging.

27 September, 2017 10:55
Quote:
Johns
Our CEO said he was on one occasion.

He wasn't a marquee signing as in he took up one of the two off cap places.

But he was a marquee signing in terms of a big name.

27 September, 2017 12:05
I'm of the opinion that we continue to give the likes of Deacon and Stankovich chances. However, I think that bringing in a more experienced coach to help them initially wouldn't be a bad shout. Let a more experienced coach take the main burden of the role, with the younger Brett and Boris given chance to learn and progress before taking the roles outright.

27 September, 2017 14:23
I think Stanko as scrum coach is untouchable currently.

Brett IMO has promise but would rather he was an assistant coach allowing to spend time with the youngsters as he is doing and having a top forwards coach come in for the sole focus of the senior team esp one who is an expert at lineouts. (Which i don't think Deacs is).

tigersimon (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 15:30
I think bringing in a consultant on a short term contract to help would be a good idea but would like to see Brett given a chance to show us what he can do.

johnthegrif (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 10:50
How many years does it take to become an experienced coach. Blaze was coaching for eight years and many wanted to replace him with older-players who had coached for less time if at all. Deacs has been coaching for three years or more, Boris for about four. Mind you Cocker was coaching for about twelve took teams to several finals and still some people wanted an experienced coach. It is all well and good us suggesting who should come in what role but they have to be able to work with and under the supervision of our head coach, we don't want the strategic differences that led to the chaos between Cocker and Mauger.

Johns (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 11:31
Spot on John

Rich W (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 12:43
Nor do we want a 'yes!' man.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 15:21
"Experienced" to me means that they been around a bit. Played and coached at a number of levels and clubs, slowly increasing the level of rugby team being coached. Having worked with and under several other coaches at several different clubs (in different countries even) they will have seen and experienced lots of different approaches/styles/methodologies/cultures from which they can pick out the good bits to mould their own way of doing thing and keeping things fresh. Blaze had only really seen/experienced the Tigers way. Was this old fashioned and stale maybe?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net