rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

OT: Beware Ryanair if you're booking ECC travel
vicky_c (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 15:20
Just been informed that amongst all of the current chaos, the axe is now falling on large parts of their winter schedule altogether.

34 routes have been canned completely today and whilst not a lot out of the UK is currently affected (except Stansted to Glasgow/Edinburgh/Belfast) this may be the tip of the iceberg whilst they try and address their issues.

Just be wary as it could turn into a bit of a fiasco if you book and then they pull the plug on your plans.

Re: OT: Beware Ryanair if you're booking ECC travel
PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 18:20
' beware ryanair' is an approach i take with all my travels. Or more precisely I replace the word 'beware' with 'avoid'.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 19:59
Ryanair no where as bad as Flybe.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

vicky_c (IP Logged)
27 September, 2017 20:16
Flybe don't have the nickname Flymaybe for nothing...

Sleipnir (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 09:02
I've never flown with FlyBe before and am booked with them (BHX-TLS) for the Castres match in January. I can't recall hearing anything untoward about this airline.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 09:21
They're OK, flew to Jersey with them once. But they do have a reputation for terrible punctuality and randomly cancelling flights.

Rich W (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 09:34
In fairness all budget airlines have a reputation for randomly cancelling flights - not least Ryan prior to this latest sh$t storm - and the tendency of most of them to build in spare time into their journey times means that their varying punctuality claims should be treated with suspicion. Not to excuse any failing by Fly-be.

It's recently occurred to me that budget airlines are in fact a con - per mile it costs about three times more to fly to Europe with any of them than to fly long-haul with any of the best flag carriers.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 09:40
In my experience Flybe are less reliable than Ryanair

Jon T (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 14:20
Have flown with Flybe many times, and as some have said all budget airlines have their bad points. On the whole I've found them fairly reliable, the only bad points have been when I've booked many months in advance, and before a seasons timetable has been confirmed. On two occasions they've dropped routes once the new seasons timetable has been confirmed, and about 5 times they've moved flight times by over an hour. But this has happened with 3 or 4 other airlines and seems an industry practice.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 16:26
Last week, in his pre flight little speech, Captain suggested we book with KLM next time if we didn't like the fact they were late and that they'd made us stand around for an extra half hour on top of operational delay cos he wanted a break!!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Ratae4eva (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 17:07
Oooeerr, we've booked with them for the Christmas holiday in Lanzarote.
Can't see any cancellations from EMA to the Canaries so we might be OK.
Only booked with them as there was no choice for our dates from EMA with other carriers when we booked.
Have been let down once before with them when they e-mailed the day before flight to say they wouldn't be flying as the French ATC were having one of their usual Wobblies, 43 in the last 3 years.
However every cloud has a silver lining, I wouldn't be missing the Munster and Sarries games at home.
Must remember to be upset if we can't get away, the bride won't be pleased at all!

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 22:37
Quote:
Stopsy

Whereas mine is the opposite.

And more over, flybe tend (in at least my line of work / pkaces i need to go to) go to where i want/need to, rather than ryanair's trick of flying to nowhere near the place name they claim... 'Stockholm South' i recall from one flight a few years ago... which was a lot closer to Denmark than Stockholm !

vicky_c (IP Logged)
28 September, 2017 23:08
Quote:
PrestonTiger
Quote:
Stopsy

Whereas mine is the opposite.

And more over, flybe tend (in at least my line of work / pkaces i need to go to) go to where i want/need to, rather than ryanair's trick of flying to nowhere near the place name they claim... 'Stockholm South' i recall from one flight a few years ago... which was a lot closer to Denmark than Stockholm !

I'm surprised it wasn't somewhere actually in Denmark tbf

Stopsy (IP Logged)
29 September, 2017 06:48
Due diligence Vicky winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net