rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

MOC at end of game
Stopsy (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:06
Was not a happy bunny, something to do with HIA, any clues?

Re: MOC at end of game
vicky_c (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:07
Most likely he wanted one of Iron Mike or Wells back on and the officials weren’t having it.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:09
wanted Wells back on i think.

daktari (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:13
Didn`t do the end of match BT Sport TV interview, suspect he was still incandescent at the officials

vicky_c (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:49
Appears that there was a log jam in HIA and it seems that Wells had to wait for them to finish with Williams first according to Alastair Eykyn

Stopsy (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 17:52
Thanks Vicky

Rich W (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 18:04
Clearly that's not correct. Mike was out already.

Tiggrrr (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 18:11
I may be wrong but I thought that there was less than 10mins to go when Wells went off.

Elder (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 18:20
Don't think I understand the laws these days - how were Tait and Simmonds allowed to play this week ??

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 18:30
Was Tait off the pitch last week because of HIA ? I thought he was holding his arm when he came off. But could well be wrong.

Rich W (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 18:33
Quote:
Tiggrrr
I may be wrong but I thought that there was less than 10mins to go when Wells went off.

I think that's correct.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 19:55
Quote:
Rich W
Quote:
Tiggrrr

I think that's correct.

It is. A HIA is a minimum of 10 mins off the pitch. So even if player assessed and passed ok, they can't come back on.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

iang1963 (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 20:38
Ten minutes off the pitch or ten minutes of actual playing time.
The last ten minutes of playing time felt like twenty minutes of actual time to me!

vicky_c (IP Logged)
30 September, 2017 21:10
I thought after the North fiasco last year, the time for the HIA had been upped to 15 mins?

tigersimon (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 08:04
Now a fixed ten minute period

SK 88 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 09:54
Quote:
Elder
Don't think I understand the laws these days - how were Tait and Simmonds allowed to play this week ??

Simmonds didn't play.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
01 October, 2017 09:59
As I understand it the HIA is all about "real time". They must take a minimum of 10 mins and a maximum of 13, otherwise the replacement becomes permanent. So you can't use the game clock because that is not "real time".

If a player is suspected of losing consciousness (or definitely has) they don't have a HIA, they must be replaced permanently.

When a player is off for a HIA you can bring back any one that has been tactically replaced. Rugby still has two kinds of subs, "injury" and "tactical", "injury" subs can never come back but "tactical" ones can to replace blood injuries and HIAs. Why we need this complication I've never understood.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net