rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ERCC : H v Castres Sat 21st October ko 5.30pm Live on SKY
Game after: AP : A v Newcastle Falcons Sun 29th October ko 3.00pm not live on TV

Johnny May
IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 13:40
What can you say about him. I was always impressed when he played against us but what I couldn't or didn't see was his defensive work. He saved two trys on Sat and seems to have an 'AA' type of talent for spotting where the gaps are and that try he scored was not easy. When the ball arrived in his hands, it was a bit tight with 3 men converging on him but he ended it as though he was cruising down the river and what a pass from YBY.

Re: Johnny May
PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 14:26
That was a fantastic finish from him. As you say, it was no walk in.
Last week's try at quins was even better... a subtle slowing down checked the defender tjen he re-lit the turbo to go past.

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 16:13
Agree with all the above. The try last week v Quins was amazing. The commentator tried to call it as a showdown between May and Yarde and by the time he'd got his words out he was cruising round to the posts, Yarde left for dead!

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 16:33
Best finisher we have had since Varndell and a much better all round player. Very impressed.

mentallymadmax (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 17:06
I love his willingness to go looking for the ball, and up the tempo. Often popping up at scrumhalf or around the ruck and driving the team forward.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 17:49
We seem to have got the better end of the swap, although I'd preferred to have kept Ed as well.

Johns (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 18:13

Johns (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 18:22

Parcdeprince (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:13
Quote:
Duncan Keene
Best finisher we have had since Varndell and a much better all round player. Very impressed.

Going to get completely carried away( only played five games after all) and suggest he's a fair bit better than TV and in fact is the best since Rory.

Rich W (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:35
I don't think he's at his most effective coming inside off the scrummy - he's not a crash ball man and he's not really a stepper. I think he'd be better cutting wider lines behind the 12 and into the 13 channel when he comes off his wing.

mentallymadmax (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 19:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2017 19:57 by mentallymadmax.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 20:01
Speechless ?

Johns (IP Logged)
02 October, 2017 22:06
We have to decide how best we can use his talents.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 10:33
Just get the lad the ball during the rest of the season and then we can assess what we've got. If he keeps up his current scoring record and form then we might have got us a gem. And one with gas too.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Rich W (IP Logged)
03 October, 2017 10:45
Quote:
Johns
We have to decide how best we can use his talents.

Simples - create him some space to run and give him the ball.

I say simples...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net