rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP : H v Worcester Warriors Sat 25th November ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game after: AP : A v Wasps Sat 2nd December ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Teflon Andrew
Johns (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 06:44

Re: Teflon Andrew
Stopsy (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 07:12
I suspect the paper his book is written on is not perforated and quilted, thus depriving us of its main value!

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 07:16
What a grade A whaaankeerr he is

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 07:37
I didn't think anything could make me feel sorry for Lancaster, Squeaky manages it with ease.

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:01
In fairness, what role did Squeaky have in all this - he certainly wasn't responsible for the Burgess farrago.

I'm not in the slightest sympathetic to Lancaster. He made his selections [of his favourites] paying very little attention to anything except how he looked to his pals in the meeja - and let's be honest if we're looking for Teflon coatings it's Dreary and Hackford et al who walked away from this whole foul affair excrement free - and entirely predictably it went to schist.

I don't see that Squeaky (for whom I also have no sympathy) is saying anything we didn't.

At least this time he waited a respectable period before he dumped his load on him rather than in the week after the tournament.

What he does do is continue the myth that the team needed - and even got - significant rebuilding after 2011. That lie is just an extension of his part in throwing Johnno under the bus.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2017 08:09 by Rich W.

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:11
It's pure spin from Squeaky, Repeats the 'great culture change' narrative, the twist in the tail now is that it all went wrong too late in the day for the RFU high-ups to intervene and chuck Brentcaster under the bus for taking on external work.

Whereas really it was a poor appointment from the outset, but that would have the world looking at those who made the appointment wouldn't it?

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:29
Just as I was beginning to get over the whole experience he drags it up again! Doesn't get any better reading about it a couple of years on. What a shambles starting with the appointment of the school-teacher being made.

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 08:32
Agree with that but I'm still not clear what role he had in this - now had this come from the CEO I'd have agreed.

As I say - that's not to say that Squeaky isn't a Grade A maggot and his revisionism on this is typical.

But it doesn't make me feel sympathy for Lancaster - who made his bed and then jumped in.

penguin (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 09:43
Loath the guy...once noticed him coming towards me through a glass door I opened and held it open for him... he just walked through and said nothing...

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 10:15
Rich we are in violent agreement on all that!

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 10:48
Rich, i think all i'm saying is my position has moved from zero sympathy for Lancaster to a minimal amount of sympathy, i think the article just reminded me that all who work at the RFU have to negotiate the slime and it's tricky.

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 11:15
Well that's certainly true - I wasn't trying to be argumentative.

Personally I think they deserved each other.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:05
Quote:
Rich W
Well that's certainly true - I wasn't trying to be argumentative.
Personally I think they deserved each other.

They both made their beds. I loathe Clotbert and I certainly despise Teflon for his role is chucking Johnno under the bus.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:16
Yes, very well put Vicky, in full agreement with both you and Rich.

Johns (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 12:22
Was he still employed by the RFU over the professional game/England team during Lancaster's catastrophe?

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 13:00
I gather today was the serialisation of Sqeaky's views on 2015 and tomorrow will be his pronouncements on 2011, so maybe prepare to be angered!

vicky_c (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 14:06
Quote:
Johns
Was he still employed by the RFU over the professional game/England team during Lancaster's catastrophe?
Yes, he was director of something or other like performance or some such nonsense

L.F (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 14:20
What a nerve this man has. He's utterly without shame.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
09 October, 2017 17:13
Quote:
penguin
Loath the guy...once noticed him coming towards me through a glass door I opened and held it open for him... he just walked through and said nothing...

Doooh... a missed oportunity to push it the other way... see if he could sidestep that one like he does responsibility

09 October, 2017 20:41
He spent his entire on-field career kicking away everything that came his way and nowt has changed since as far as I can see

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net