rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP : H v Sale Sharks Sun 19th November ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game after: AP : H v Worcester Warriors Sat 25th November ko 3.00pm not live on TV

Grumpy old codger moaning again
Stopsy (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:02
It's Ok to throw the ball in to the previously extended hookers foot in the scrum right in front of the Ref and Assistant Refs (or into the second row).

Equally it's OK to throw in squint to the lineout, particularly to the front.

Yet the penalties given are against closing the gap when both teams forwards have moved to the centre and the hooker has stepped a yard to his side.

Re: Grumpy old codger moaning again
Tom Paine (IP Logged)
10 November, 2017 22:44
I think they were free kicks rather than penalties, Stopsy, but the refereeing of the lineout is generally poor now and tonight's ref was no exception. In fact I thought he wasn't doing too badly until the final quarter and then he went to pieces. And what an earth was wrong with the timekeeping. First half overran and second was allowed to finish early.
But like you I was overwhelmed by how well our lads played - some fantastic offloads and backs of spirit.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 00:21
Quote:
Tom Paine

..... wasn't doing too badly until the final quarter and then he went to pieces.

Bit like the Tigers kids!!

But, overall, didn't they do well?!

Let's see how much game time MOC gives them in the Prem/Europe as the season progresses.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
11 November, 2017 12:25
Blimey 'Stops', grumpy old codger. I will you be joining you tomorrow when I become an official daft old git. Into extra time. We are going to the peak district for 2-3 days, just north of Matlock

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net