Latest News:

Next Game: ECC : H v Munster Sun 17th December ko 5.30pm live on BT
Game after: AP : H v Saracens Sun 24th December ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Referee in England game
daktari (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:08
Is truly appalling, May tackled in the air , but catches the ball , knock on to Australia.
That was a truly awful decision.

Re: Referee in England game
Jon T (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:33
Was spitting about that. And how the so called commentators didn't spot the fact he regathered it til after 5 replays just shows how poor they are.

Watching on nowtv, forced to listen to them or no sound
sad smiley

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 15:39
Couldn’t believe the decision on Johnny tackled in the air! 😡

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:07
Rickshaw being a plank.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

S4llyC (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:15
I always thought it was the Poms who were supposed to whinge. Blimey, the Aussies never stop!

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:18
Quote:
S4llyC
I always thought it was the Poms who were supposed to whinge. Blimey, the Aussies never stop!

A well-made fruit-packed Aussie whine.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Jon T (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:30
You can't deny farrell has ability but when it comes to whiney gits he takes the biscuit.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:33
Ha! Jonbert the Mayster makes the scoreline decidedly flattering.

Soren Kierkegaard

S4llyC (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:39
Quote:
Jon T
You can't deny farrell has ability but when it comes to whiney gits he takes the biscuit.

True, but his appeal for the block by Moore was the reason their try was disallowed.

I just thought they argued the toss a lot too much. I would’ve liked to see them marched back 10 on a couple of occasions.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:58
Quote:
Tigergeezer
Quote:
S4llyC

A well-made fruit-packed Aussie whine.

Made from sour grapes

Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:05
Visiting Wasp here. Delighted May got his try at the end. Thought he was good in very tough conditions. The knock on call after being talked in the air and collecting the ball was nonsense.

He could have had a try earlier if Itoje would (could?) pass the ball!

Jon T (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:10
Quote:
S4llyC
Quote:
Jon T

True, but his appeal for the block by Moore was the reason their try was disallowed.

I just thought they argued the toss a lot too much. I would’ve liked to see them marched back 10 on a couple of occasions.

Wrong Vicky, ref had already seen that, it was a 2 part tmo question he should've shut up.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:16
Quote:
Jon T
Quote:
S4llyC
Quote:
Jon T

Wrong Vicky, ref had already seen that, it was a 2 part tmo question he should've shut up.

Errrm, you’ve got the wrong person there

S4llyC (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:20
Hands up, it was me, Jon, I cannot tell a lie! Ok fair enough, but he did ensure it got looked at properly, unlike the nearly try of the 1st half.

Farrell- Irritating gobsh1te, yes, but when he plays for England, I can be a bit more tolerant. Different story when he’s in a Sarries shirt.

Jon T (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:20
😶sorry Vicky....

Fuzzy Dunlop (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 17:22
I thought the 2 part question was about the grounding and Robshaw possibly being offside, until Farrell brought it to his attention the referee hadn't mentioned it.

Although Faz went way too far so I would've liked the see the ref reverse the penalty after ruling the try out, but Australia were gobbing off all match too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/11/2017 17:22 by Fuzzy Dunlop.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:09
Only saw the highlights, but the ref was adequate, seen a lot worse.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:49
Scoreline flattered England big time.

Time to bring in the youngsters more who will be playing in 2019?

How many games on the trot that he's started has Mr. May scored in? 9?

MOM was always going to come from winning side so we'd all picked out Lauch. But Hooper was immense for Oz and the best player on the park.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

JK (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 07:36
Although I would like to see a lot less chat to refs, it doesn't help that they need to have things pointed out to them as the standard is so low.

I thought the ENGvAUS ref did well to spot and review some of the borderline offences (Australian obviously) and to be relatively objective under such pressure. He made a couple of mistakes but to err is human.

Much as I don't like Farrell and his style of whinging, I am not 100% confident that the ref would have picked up the blocking had Farrell not "reminded" him!

In the context of the game, that was a pivotal moment. Had that try been given, the Aussies would have been right back in it with huge momentum.

IanC (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 07:59
Surely the only reason to ask whether Robshaw was offside was to see whether the blocking had to be penalised? That is, if he was offside his presence is illegal anyway so it would have been a penalty try if Robshaw had tackled so the block by the Aussie becomes irrelevant.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net