Next Game: ECC : H v Munster Sun 17th December ko 5.30pm live on BT
Game after: AP : H v Saracens Sun 24th December ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Gatland, Edwards reprise their Wasps plan
Stopsy (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:05
Disgraceful uncontested scrum to save the game

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 18/11/2017 16:07 by Stopsy.

Re: Gatland, Edwards reprise their Wasps plan
Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:10
Careful,Mr S.You'll have the Wespenpolizei fingering your virtual collar for that, however true it may be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:12
Also noticeable they all had their backs turned against Gatland at the end, discord in the camp?

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:14
If you're claiming you original prop is injured, it's not a bright idea to have him stripped off on the touchline ready to re-join the game. I thought the Welsh second team was a shambles.

GT1 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:21
Message to bench "just remind our 2 starting props they are injured and sit back down" Shameful gamesmanship from Welsh management but they do have form as we all remember!!

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 16:23
Probably be eating Pizzas now too.........................

18 November, 2017 18:11
Pride of Wales!

This pantomime; just put it .. behind you!

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:11
As ive said before. Make both bench props be able to play both sides. Or if they can't then make them have more props on the bench at the expense of other positions.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 20:34
Shameful from Gatland but we all know to our cost he doesn't care about his reputation or have any personal pride.

Rich W (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 22:26
Quote:
PrestonTiger
As ive said before. Make both bench props be able to play both sides. Or if they can't then make them have more props on the bench at the expense of other positions.

Why have any players except props on the bench. 8 props - then there would be no problems. Be a bit more space in the latter stages too!

No? Ok - so 7 props and a hooker (which in any other area of life is a set up for a gag!)

On a serious point. Why have replacements in any other positions anyway?

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
18 November, 2017 22:52
I'll concede.. 6 props. A hooker. And one wild card (maybe a lock to ensure the line out can run - otherwise again it becomes a bit like league.)

Rich W (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 01:03
Done!

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 11:54
I used to play with a scrum half who was built like a prop. Unstoppable from 5 metres.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 21:56
Not just us then
[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 22:56
I said it when Wasps, while Gatland and Edwards were in charge and kept pulling this trick, that it was simply cheating. As bad in itís way as what was eventually called out as Bloodgate. They were the cause of the extension of the bench from 7 to 8 for the extra prop and now they still abuse the laws and spirit of the game. To deny mighty Georgia. Shame on them. And I met a Welshman tonight who said the same before I did!

harlequinade (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 01:38
Guscots view.
Quote:
And there were shenanigans at the end. All I could see were two props stripped and ready to come on, and somehow they then became injured. No-one is going to admit they were fit to come on and no-one is going to admit to stretching reality. We have to take their word for it, so that's where we ought to leave it.

I disagree, they should assess on the balance of probabilities and issue a formal censure for cheating!

You can have anything in life, if you will sacrifice everything else for it

Rich W (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 05:05
None of these things are adjudged on the basis of Reasonable Doubt so I agree Ian there is no reason not to cite and sanction them. But that's obviously not going to happen and they will continue to besmirch and defraud the game.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 06:43
I thought nowadays, as a prop leaves the field, the ref/4th official establishes whether he is being substituted or being replaced due to injury? Have heard the question asked times. So, shouldn't the "status" of the replaced starting prop be known?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

IanC (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 06:46
I think they do, but I'm sure Mr Gatland would be quick to point out to the official that once the initial tactical substitution had been made, that the medics had checked out the prop (just before sending him back on in order to keep your options open) and realised that he'd got a tight whatever.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 06:56
So just lose another player if have to go uncontested?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net