rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: ECC : H v Munster Sun 17th December ko 5.30pm live on BT
Game after: AP : H v Saracens Sun 24th December ko 3.00pm live on BT

Loughborough Rugby
Firework (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 09:52
Hi all,

I've had the pleasure of going to most of the Loughborough matches this season and thought I'd update you fellow Tigers on how our young lads are doing.

The link up with the Tigers seems to be going well, Richard Blaze is part of our coaching set up now and we seem to have physio/doctor support this year from Tigers too. The amount of Tigers playing for us has led to a few choice comments from opposition coaches and fans, a lot of unhappiness regarding the players we can bring in. After a poor start, we're climbing up the table.

Stand out Tigers thus far have been Ben Betts and Harry Mahoney. Tom Hardwick has only played once but showed his class with a perfect kicking game. We've also had George Worth, Freddie T and Joe Maksymiu amongst others -everyone seems to get on and they fit in well with the Uni lads.

The link up seems to be working from both sides, Tigers have a lot more say on when and how the young 'uns play and Loughborough benefit from better coaching/players/facilities.

There have been some very impressive performance from some of the Loughborough lads too this year -think Tigers could do with some of this from Suwve Obano (brother of Beno)!

[twitter.com]

I'll try and keep you all updated if you've found this useful

FW

Re: Loughborough Rugby
Tiggs (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 11:32
Many thanks FW, very insightful, please do keep us updated , if you can.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Stopsy (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:06
Thanks indeed, always good to see the production line working, also pleased for Richard Blaze.

06 December, 2017 12:15
Is there a game on tonight?

I go over most Wednesday's to take daughter to Charnwood athletics on University site.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 12:35
Thanks for the info, great to hear.

That Obano guy looks a unit, didn't he prop at Quins academy or something? Certainly might be a prospect his brother is doing well at Bath.

Firework (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 13:04
Away at Hartpury tonight RushdenTiger. The midweek games are in the BUCS league so only open to students, think the only Tiger who is also studying is Grahamslaw (who is the biggest 18 year old I've ever seen!)

Obano currently playing 6, not sure if he used to prop at Quins.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 15:59
Don't Lufbra run 2 squads? A saturday one and a student wednesday one? A bit of interchanging but not that many?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

SK 88 (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 17:58
I've been following their teams relatively closely this season and there is a fair bit of movement between the sides. More than between our A team and First team as a guide.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
06 December, 2017 18:07
I'm interested to see how Grahamslaws scrum work develops considering he was a back rower till mid last season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net