rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP : H v Newcastle Falcons Fri 27th April ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game after: AP : A v Sale Sharks Sat 5th May ko 4.00pm not yet live on TV

To Renew season Ticket (or NOT)
jojo (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 18:59
Thought this thread on the offy was worth posting on here as it crosses many thoughts which I currently have and it probably is the only thing which may concentrate the minds of our "owners".

My patience is now at an almost all time low wrt to Tigers. I have hung in there for the last 5 years as things have steadily got worse. I have seen numerous glimmers of a new dawn each time to see those hopes shattered. Even this season the 6 game winning run gave me hope we had turned the corner - no such thing. If anything I cannot remember a more demoralising run.

I will be attending the open forum (I hope) and want to hear what the short term plans are for Tigers from the board. I want to hear coherent reasons for the shambles we are having to put up with and what they are doing to put it right.

I also want to hear what they are doing to stick up for the Tiger brand in the East Mids and getting a decent return from tv money for the poor ko times we are continually being given.

by scrum1/2 Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:06 pm

There have been many recent posts around the team, management and style of play, but am I alone in being really torn as to whether to renew my long held season tickets (yes we are on the wall in the Final Whistle area) for next season based not just solely on the above but also, if not more, based on;

- I know that the club is now fully "professional" but I think over the last few years it has lost touch with the fans and examples of this are the informal "members" evenings that we used to have in the European suite where the players were "interviewed" and then mixed with the fans, the open days before the season where you could also meet the players informally. These have been replaced by larger far more formal events that cost much more. I think this has lessened the family feel the club used to have, in my view to it's detriment

- The changing schedules - examples Christmas and New Years Eve games, increasing numbers of Sunday and Friday night games due to TV money - I'm not suggesting all games can or should be held on Saturday at 3pm - but there has to be a balance and right now I buy my tickets up front without knowing whether I'll be able to make the dates that the TV shows dictate.

- Game etiquette - I groan when I see the 2 pint mugs go past me at the starts of each half as I know that there will be a number of people getting up during the game to answer the call of nature - we are not as bad as Twickenham for this yet but it is getting there and people don't wait for a break in play to either go or come back so numerous people are affected each time

- Ticket availability - when the ground had a smaller capacity it was good to get a season ticket to ensure good seats but now with the capacity increasing it's easier to get tickets for games

Any thoughts?

Re: To Renew season Ticket (or NOT)
IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 19:10
Each to their own. I will be renewing mine but I can see why some won't. The BoD made a huge mistake when they sacked Cockers, he was the beating heart of the club, now, like me, they are probably wondering what they can do about it. I will also be attending The Open Forum. I usually remain silent at these things so that others who, do not normally have a chance, can have a say.

daktari (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 19:14
We didn`t renew at the beginning of this season for all the reasons mentioned, primarily not the performances on the pitch, as dire as they are , but more because of the deteriorating the match day experience , poor quality service, casual visitors here for the beer, not the game, my belief that corporates and the casuals are more appreciated than season ticket holders in the drive for extra revenue.
It was also the only control/protest I felt I could make (having had repeated e mails and other correspondence effectively ignored) ,to vote with my feet, to exercise the only power I had to deny the club 4 x Bronze annual season tickets plus associated expenditure of additional tickets for friends , merchandise etc/.Maybe , just maybe if that trend is repeated by many more ,it might focus the mind of the board , the club, that their is a real issue and not just fend us off with the usual platitudes of transitional season, Centreplate have been warned,blah,blah. I am like many, also a shareholder of the club, but as our shareholding is so small in comparison to a few major shareholders we are powerless.
I do not regret my decision , still turn up for the odd game as tickets are not hard to get anymore (I wonder why).

tigersimon (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 19:27
Agree I have many similar thoughts.

Really miss the 'monthly' members nights although they became more PC in the professional era still felt a member of the TigerFamily when these were held!

Changing Kickoff times when working shifts is a nightmare and to give PremierRugby some credit they are trying to announce these earlier but the European schedule (especially rounds 5&6) is just too late. Then add in Xmas and New Year scheduling!

The treatment of members of the 'TigerFamily' staff (including coaches and players) over the last 12 months.

Despite numerous promises over the years to improve the stewarding the constant procession of people returning to the corporate seats behind me during play in the Crumbie.

Over priced International tickets that no longer make this a benefit of a season ticket.

Used to love sitting just behind the coaches in the Directors box, with Potty mouth back in full flow at the last match cannot say this was enjoyable.

Will not be making a decision until March and hope to see some positive direction by the Club in that time but my 30 year continuous membership is under serious review.

Purebob (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 19:51
A few things happened lately that have disconnected me from the club, the main one being my son discovering girls smiling smiley

I didn't renew this season, not because of performance but because its not so much fun coming on my own.

I certainly recognise the lack of intimacy of the old player events though. The afordable match Day "hot fork" buffet semi-hospitality offering was brilliant one or twice per season too, now gone.

Donate now to Cancer research

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 22:06
Whilst not a ST holder for anywhete near as long as many on this forum, most (if not all) the points made are also my complaints, which have worsened even over tje past 4 or 5 years.
The up and down to the kazi is a reall annoyance to me. Both tigers totally fail to deal with it (despite announcements) AND in my view its just bad form from the eeejits who do it. I suppose the one blessing of a terrance is that can't be done so much there.
I'm fortunate enough that my family can petty much cope with the random timings of games. Even so it is a PITA - there are other things we wish to do and we find at times we have to take a punt and risk it (concerts , and other sports i do) - and tigers seem to ignore that to miss a game due to the random dates and times is effectively like throwing away 100 or more for our family (esp given the buy back doesn't happen much now). Of course my 1000-1500 spent at the club each year (STs, food, shop stuff etc) is peanuts compared to the TV lucre.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 13:24
Very well put Preston. not having any children, or working, in a paid sense, it means that ko changes don't really bother me, Mrs Idle is sometimes pleased that I am safely out of the way but but but, this is a big issue for families.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net