rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP Home v Worcester Warriors Sunday September 23rd ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game After: AP Home v Sale Sharks Sunday September 30th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Ellis
Stopsy (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 07:52
How we miss him!

Particularly his carrying game.

Get better soon please!

Re: Ellis
tigerburnie (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 10:04
One man will never make a team, but players like him do make a big difference.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 10:08
Logo is doing well in the tight but needs to managed so that he can stay on the pitch. Elis seems to have more bite to his play and I think those little bits make a heck of a difference.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 12:22
If only Logo could already be trundling more often when he receives the ball and catch it every time then I wouldn't mind Ellis being away injured. Ellis seems to be able to create better from static ball and has started to time his runs rather well. We really need both fully fit though so they can share the workload.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 12:48
Agree with all the above, plus it's a shame Greg is missing at the same time, and Rizzo. On the TH side, without Cilliers backing Dan up we are struggling too. The scrum is going incredibly well considering the absentees. Maybe that's what good targeted coaching can do for you. Now, where to find a forwards coach, a lineout coach and a breakdown coach....

daktari (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 12:51
Ellis has what most of the Tigers squad lack , that bloody minded, combative, in your face attitude and nasty edge we are sorely missing in the forwards and particularly the second row.

riverlodge (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:05
Quote:
daktari
Ellis has what most of the Tigers squad lack , that bloody minded, combative, in your face attitude and nasty edge we are sorely missing in the forwards and particularly the second row.

going to support that overall sentiment, but disagree with 'nasty' - with all the dialogue over the years between Tigers and us on player nastiness, I'll be the first to say Genge clearly ain't nasty.

aggressive, sparky, perhaps even a touch volatile yes, but not seen a hint of nastiness. got everything to be a top player, good luck to the lad and obviously wish we had him here at FG.

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:09
Class words Riverlodge.

Corieltauvorum (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:26
Ellis would have been a nice fit in any of our famous packs, however he stands out now for his downright belligerent attitude when those surrounding him appear a little less interested and committed, I M H O of course.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:41
He is in the mould of Julian White, although perhaps I doubt whether he’d actually punch anybody.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:23
Well not on a pitch maybe... It is the physical go forward that he gives us and the relish for the biff that inspires others as well as gets the whole side moving toward the opposition goal line rather than parallel to it or even away from it as has been the case in too many recent games.

vicky_c (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 18:13
Quote:
Stopsy
Well not on a pitch maybe... It is the physical go forward that he gives us and the relish for the biff that inspires others as well as gets the whole side moving toward the opposition goal line rather than parallel to it or even away from it as has been the case in too many recent games.

I think he's the spark we are missing if I am honest. If we had 8 Genge's then I'd be happy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 22:16 by vicky_c.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 18:58
9 even. I'd have one at no 9 too, just to scare tje bejeezus out of their scrum half.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 18:59 by PrestonTiger.

Johns (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 19:08
Make the rest of the team up with Julian Whites.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 13:43
Well said Riverlodge, I don't see him as nasty, he simply laughs in their faces and they don't like it

daktari (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 13:52
I think some have filtered some events regarding Ellis , whilst nasty may not be the exact word I should have used strong , aggressive, grisly, beligerent fierce,ornery ,tough etc are. He has flared up a couple of times and their has been some afters , remember the face plant after he scored this season against someone I cannot remember. We even had a thread on his penchant for afters, if I recollect correctly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 13:54 by daktari.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 14:08
Late tackles
Dropped (not threw) a ball on oppo head when he had scored
Started as though he was looking for a fight at any opportunity, soon lost that after I believe Cockers and Marcos discussed better options.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
04 January, 2018 16:18
My big problem with Ellis is his frequent obvious and unnecessary late hits. Needs to get his timing better or cut them out of his game asap before he gains an unwanted reputation for being a late hitter (as, say, Lawes had a while back).

Still a pup though and he will hopefully learn.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net