rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP : A v Saracens Sun 25th February ko 3.30pm live on BT
Game after: AP : A v Worcester Sun 4th February ko 3.00pm live on BT

Advice for away supporters on Saturday
Navyquin (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:35
Myself and a few others will be travelling up on Saturday for Quins match with Leicester and just wondered if there are any great pubs or places to eat pre match that you would recomend?

I think after the demolition by Wasps on Sunday gone we will need recommendations for post match cheer up also.

Re: Advice for away supporters on Saturday
Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:43
I think we are playing each other at the right time to give each other a lift....0-0 would mean we can both call it an Improvement (sarcasm!)

There’s a useful Visitors Guide to Leicester on this site. Others will no doubt be more up to date than me to offer more recommendations.

Enjoy your visit anyway.

tbtb (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:08
Quote:
Navyquin
Myself and a few others will be travelling up on Saturday for Quins match with Leicester and just wondered if there are any great pubs or places to eat pre match that you would recomend?
I think after the demolition by Wasps on Sunday gone we will need recommendations for post match cheer up also.

Try the pub King Richard III for food, you may want to book ahead, its not especially expensive but can be busy.

For drinking near the ground either the Kings Head or Brood.

Navyquin (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:36
Thanks for the advice.

Rich W (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:32
The Blue Boar - on Millstone Lane is a very fine - albeit very small - pub (it may or may not be a micropub depending on your outlook) with an awesome selection of ever changing beer - as long as you don't want anything fizzy (gentlemen will find the only pressure kegs in the place) Food is limited but the cobs are good and the pork pie and cheese platters are excellent.

Brood already mentioned - pretty good beer - but the food is a bit more substantial - excellent pizzas and apparently good chicken. And not a million miles from Welford Rd.

Genreally the area pretty much between them - around Market Street/Pocklingtions Walk has a number of options - many that have sprung up in recent years and won't take you miles out of the way from the stadium.

Friend of mine swears by Peter Pizzeria

Away from there - my current favourite - I Buongustai - takeway Italian streetfood - pretty close to the Station if you're coming on the train.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net