rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: Friendly Away v Treviso Friday August 17th ko 7.30pm not live on TV
Game After: Friendly Home v London Irish Friday August 24th ko 7.45pm not live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A view of Cockers
tigerburnie (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 09:06
[www.bbc.co.uk]
This is why we've gone soft then

Re: A view of Cockers
penguin (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 09:33
Certainly sounds like it good that we have a replacement coming in with the same operating way of things Tom spoke very highly of him last night and his methods

14 February, 2018 11:12
Bring him home!

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 11:19
I think that chapter has closed. Time to move on.

Geordan
Sam Vesty
Bakewell
Boris
Brett
AN Other

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 11:23
I expect Cockers to forwards coach for Scotland very soon

Yorkie (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 12:43
Quote:
Rich W
I think that chapter has closed. Time to move on.
Geordan
Sam Vesty
Bakewell
Boris
Brett
AN Other

Yep.

Like that lineup. AA as the AN Other?

I would like to see 2 other bodies as well. A wise old head at the top of the tree for a couple of years to guide/mentor Geordan. Even do all the press rubbish to relieve him of that stress/pressure. Link to BoD too? Someone like Deano (but not him). Johnno?

Plus a new analyst. Just for a new approach. Backy or Oz but neither would take the position.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 12:53
AN Other was an analyst - and hopefully an outsider to bring an fresh view uncluttered by 'how we do things' - though would like to see Anthony involved.

Personally I'd love to see Johnno involved - we should be grooming him to be the Chief Exec if he wants the job - big if.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 12:58
Quote:
Rich W
AN Other was an analyst - and hopefully an outsider to bring an fresh view uncluttered by 'how we do things' - though would like to see Anthony involved.
Personally I'd love to see Johnno involved - we should be grooming him to be the Chief Exec if he wants the job - big if.

Didn't we bring in the England analyst? (who also used to work at Tigers)./

Jamie Hamilton would be the dream but he has the dream job really.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 13:03
Quote:
Rich W

Chief Exec probably too involved tbh and too much none rugby stuff to manage?

Independent Chairman maybe? Part time exec role? Wheelbrace type role?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Purebob (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 14:12
I understand Cockers kept our squad competitive since 2010 by beastings. Left them either broken or hard as freaking nails.

I suspect his return would cause significant player and board concerns. That ship has certainly sailed.

Donate now to Cancer research

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 14:43
Perhaps he has learned from that - but either way (as we should have known last year) you really are best not to try to go back. Lightning does not go back in the bottle.

14 February, 2018 14:43
The hypothetical question is:

If he'd never been at Tigers and was available isn't he exactly what we'd want to fire up our powder puff forwards (de-powered by the Mauger experiment) given his seeming success at Toulon and now Edinburgh.

Bring him home!

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 14:48
Baggage

14 February, 2018 14:58
I know I'm a bit overweight but there's no need to get personalsmiling smiley

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 15:04
It's all those cakes (and pies) you're eating as the customers abandon the Tea Rooms

Stopsy (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 15:09
We cannot look backwards. Richard was successful at Toulon and Edinburgh because his approach was new to them, the same cannot be said for the last bits of his tenure with us.

A new DOR/HC that knows his/her bottom from their arm joint is what is needed.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 15:49
Cockers to return once the current squad have all left ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

14 February, 2018 16:49
Quote:
Tiggs
Cockers to return once the current squad have all left ?

Wasn't trying / having to do everything himself a problem? Even yer man cannot fill fifteen positions at once .. eight maybe, but fifteen is too many even for immortals

''It [the NHS] will last as long as there are folk left with the faith to fight for it'' Aneurin Bevan

Are you faithfull?

14 February, 2018 16:54
Quote:
Rich W
It's all those cakes (and pies) you're eating as the customers abandon the Tea Rooms

Not so much 'abandon' as wait for the roof to be fixed so rain water does not drip into already watered down beverages .. but the roofer started today so the full Cornish cream tea on Saturday afternoon down at the old empirical could be on the cards

''It [the NHS] will last as long as there are folk left with the faith to fight for it'' Aneurin Bevan

Are you faithfull?

tigersince74 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 17:25
That ship may well have sailed but our current useless state was caused by the Board instructing Cockers to spend more on the backs and modernise by utilising Aaron.

Cockers has since said he will never listen to the views of people who have never managed or coached a rugby team. His gut told him it was contrary to the Leicester way but he tried to carry out his employers instructions and paid the price.

Just a little reminder he joined Tigers in 1992.

Cockers played 250 times for the club before joining Montferrand in 2002.

Cockers returned to Tigers in 2004 and played a further 5 games.

Cockers became forwards coach in 2005.

Cockers was so highly thought of by the Board they promoted him to DoR in 2009 and gave him a contract until 2020 because he was being head hunted.

During his time with Tigers as a player Cockers helped the club to win –

5 Premiership titles
2 European cups
2 Pilkington cups

Tigers were also losing finalists in 1 European cup, 1 Premiership final and 2 Pilkington cup finals

As a coach and DoR Cockers helped the club to win –

4 Premiership titles
2 Anglo Welsh cups

Tigers were also losing finalists in 2 European cups, 4 Premiership and Anglo Welsh

In total that’s 9 Premiership titles, 2 European cups, and 4 Anglo Welsh cups

Thanks Cockers and all the very best for the future. Maybe, just maybe one day……

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 17:27 by tigersince74.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net