Next Game: GPR Away v Gloucester Rugby Fri. Nov. 16th ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Saracens Sun. Nov. 25th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Logo signs for Newcastle?
harlequinade (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 10:54
Apparently!
According to TRP he has signed a 1 yr contract?
Dissapointing if true
Apologies if already posted!!

You can have anything in life, if you will sacrifice everything else for it

Re: Logo signs for Newcastle?
15 April, 2018 11:00
My copy of TRP went straight to the piece of sting in the outhouse, quartered, so I missed this

The referee is the final arbitrary

SK 88 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 11:24
A one year deal would be particularly disappointing. I think we could all understand if a 3 year deal was on offer from somewhere, given his injury record you couldn't match that really. But not matching a 1 year deal would be disappointing.

Jon T (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:28
It depends how much money was on offer, given his injury record that one year deal may well be worth more than a 2 year we'd offer, or the structure of a Tigers contract may have been more realistic in how long absences affected pay. Ie higher match fee, lower basic contract.

We will miss him based on the last 6 months but unfortunately we won't based on the last 3-4 years.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:34
1 year is also odd for Falcons to sign him on.
You would think most international TH's sign for 3 years on the whole.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:37
Perhaps we know something about his knees?

15 April, 2018 14:40
Quote:
Stopsy
Perhaps we know something about his knees?

Who knows playing well currently though. But Deano must be thinking it is some kind of risk to only give 1 year.

Wonder how much is factored about us already having 2 international props on our books and it being a RWC year I can't see Samoa leaving out Logo.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:43
That would affect the season after really.

15 April, 2018 14:50
Quote:
SK 88
That would affect the season after really.

would still be missing during the AI's next season though along with Cole and Genge.

I guess it depends on what we are looking at replacing him with as I don't trust cilliers injury record either, Will Heyes be ready to step up to Prem? prob not prob focus on the A league and AWC next season.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 16:00
Is there an AWC next season?

SK 88 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 16:02
Well we are selling season tickets on the basis of one.

Why on earth wouldn't there be one?

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 21:07
I thought there was talk of it being scrapped with a World Cup round the corner, maybe I'm mistaken.

15 April, 2018 22:25
I too thought this was it's swansong

The referee is the final arbitrary

Yorkie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 22:52
Falcons making an announcement about a new player signing in the morning.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

16 April, 2018 07:11
Quote:
Yorkie
Falcons making an announcement about a new player signing in the morning.

Tom Arscott

Elder (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 07:56
Read elsewhere that the issue was the very large chunk of cap Cilliers is on - too much for a third choice.
One year deal- he wouldn’t go there then come back if we offload Cilliers after next season would he??
As has been said a few seasons ago I would’ve been gutted, given how much he plays these days, not so much.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 09:28
Given Cilliers was recruited as a third choice (when we had Balmain too) that would be terrible squad management from us. Unfortunately not so bad as to be unbelievable but a good example of how your mistakes can keep kicking you for a long time.

If that were the case I'd sign Mulipola anyway and then work on moving Cilliers on. You only go over the salary cap when you have actually paid the money out, the fine is relatively quite small if we did breach the cap (less than any home KO fixture would generate) and we could even keep paying some of Cilliers wages for the season to facilitate a move and keep under the cap. He's a tidy player, so not like he'd be lacking admirers it just seems to problem would be us over paying him at the moment.

IF true of course.

Jon T (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 09:42
Are we sure Cilliers was signed on for next year? That would mean he had a 3 year deal, which as others have said would be terrible business given the amount and quality of his performances.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 17:36
Quote:
MOC at press conference
Responding to questions on Logovi’i Mulipola’s contract talks: 🗣 “We don’t want to lose Logo. He’s brilliant around the environment and we’re doing all we can to keep him at Tigers.”

Except offer him a contract he is willing to sign it seems.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
17 April, 2018 17:54
Hope it wasn't another case of 'now you see it, now you don't'.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net