rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: Premiership Rugby 7's July 27th & 28th at Franklin's Gardens
Game After: Friendly Away v Cardiff Blues Sat. August 11th ko 2.30pm

The ref
Yorkie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 12:39
Whilst the Saints player was being treated 12 seconds into the game, he was chatting with his TJs. Had to ask for the christian name of James Craig who was to become Saints captain but made me smile with "This is the longest I've ever gone without making a mistake"!! (or words very similar).

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: The ref
S4llyC (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 13:46
Yes, I heard that too. He also commented that the injury delay would be handy for the folk who arrived late to the game.... Seemed chatty and on first name terms with most of the players through most of the game, but inclined to pomposity at times.

Sounded like a huffy trainee teacher when he spoke to Geordan during the 2nd half.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 13:48 by S4llyC.

Jon T (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:24
He was at his worst for both teams yesterday.

Never more obvious to me than when he gave a knockon against us near the the end, tmo told him it came off a saints player. And he reversed the decision. Genuinely confused how it could be knocked on by both teams, it either went forward towards the MW stand or back towards the clubhouse.

Birstall Tiger (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 15:40
Jon T, think North knocked it forward about 2cm into Holmes who then knocked it on.

Jon T (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 19:28
Ok, will take that, can't bring myself to watch it again. on the big screen it appeared to go sideways/back to me anyway.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 13:41
Ne mind the ref, we threw away enough chances away to win this game 3 times over. There are still enough points available to make 4th but now we have to do it the hard way. It's just possible that 3 teams could go into the last game on 61 points so a win v Newcastle is not only desirable but essential. for more reasons than one.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net