The referee is the final arbitrary

Re: Jones disowns ..
tigerburnie (IP Logged)
11 June, 2018 13:42
The sooner he's sent home the better

Fat Boy (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 11:58
I'm sure it's all just a ruse to lull the New Zealanders into a false sense of security before giving them a good hiding in the Autumn. Well, maybe not, but hopefully England will get back on track and it will have that effect anyway.

More seriously, I'm less bothered by the results (while England are good enough to win the series, a 3pt defeat away to SA is hardly a disaster - probably the best any of the 6 nations teams this weekend) than by the ongoing injuries. It would be good to get all players back without them being broken.

14 June, 2018 07:14
Seems the players now 'own' the poor form

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Murphyjames (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:32
The writing is on the wall for Jones already. Failure to win this weekend will see the pressure mount pre-WC. Jones is rreally under the pump now.

In a way his race is already run, hero to zero in 12 months.

Its all come undone very quickly for EJ, only a WC win may save him.

I think it was Campese who said Jones was 'a 2 year coach', we all thought it was just a spat between those two, but the more we see the more true that comment seems.

Johns (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 20:12
Lancaster Mk 2?

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 22:16
Really?

arh53 (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 22:19
Time to start a weekly Jones?

Fat Boy (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 08:25
Just my opinion, but noooo...

Not another Lancaster, not even close. Jones has 2/3 wins in the 6 nations - Lancaster had 0/4. He's lost 4 in a row, winnable games but mostly against decent opposition playing fairly well. So disappointing no doubt, but not a Lancaster yet. If he can get the team back on track next season we will look back on this as a post-Lions blip, if they get worse or don't improve then it will be the right time to ask questions as to why not.

Bod (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 09:06
If Jones can beat the Boks with the relatively sparse nuts and bolts of Japan, what is the impediment to achieving the same outcome on a more consistent basis with the burgeoning resources of the RFU?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

tmc1963 (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 22:30
Quote:
Fat Boy
(while England are good enough to win the series, a 3pt defeat away to SA is hardly a disaster - probably the best any of the 6 nations teams this weekend)

Yes - it 'probably' was ......or maybe not

Rich W (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 22:35
Taxi

Bod (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 22:55
Wales managed to beat this Boks team.
Just saying.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Willbur (IP Logged)
16 June, 2018 23:29
Removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/06/2018 23:31 by Willbur.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 13:27
Something is happening but you don't know what it is, do you...

SK 88 (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 18:37
Quote:
Bod
Wales managed to beat this Boks team.
Just saying.

Well give us a game against that side on a neutral venue and we'll have a reasonable comparison.

Since 2011 RWC South Africa have played 15 games at home against the old 5N sides and lost 1, drawn 1. Ireland got 1 win in 2016 and we got the draw in 2012. Interestingly Ireland won the Cape Town test and lost the two at altitude.

graham t (IP Logged)
17 June, 2018 21:16
The SA team Wales beat was completely different. Not a single player in both starting XVs
Looked like tired minds and bodies to me. Mako looked a shadow of his best and looked both physically shattered and frustrated when he came off. Who thought it was a good idea to ask players who had been on Lions tour followed by a tough domestic season to go, without much preparation, to take on the Boks at high altitude has got something to answer for. The whole lot would have benefited greatly from an extended rest.

17 June, 2018 23:01
Quote:
graham t
Looked like tired minds and bodies to me. Mako looked a shadow of his best and looked both physically shattered and frustrated when he came off. Who thought it was a good idea to ask players who had been on Lions tour followed by a tough domestic season to go, without much preparation, to take on the Boks at high altitude has got something to answer for. The whole lot would have benefited greatly from an extended rest.

Absolutely

Regardless of these results our players are being flogged to death [flogged as in sold for profit] .. too much rugby

Rich W (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 08:36
They might have something to answer for but they won't.

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
18 June, 2018 09:40
Not a great run for England at the moment and clearly the camp is grumpy, the rugby press don't like Jones and are sticking the knife in all over the place this week.

I think the positive thing is that where England aren't performing is areas where i think we will be strong once the World Cup comes around. Farrell, Itoje and both Vunipolas have not been at their best on this tour but i think with a pre-world cup camp in them they will be firing. Because they are in everybody's team, the blame game seems to bypass these four players even though they have been pretty poor the last two weeks.

Daly and Slade also get free passes as there would be too much egg on faces to admit they've been poor. So all the blame gets concentrated on the scapegoats in the rest of the team. I feel sorry for Daly being played at Full Back, but in the first test in particular he wasn't good.

Hartley, Joseph, Cole, Lawes have been missed and all look like they will be coming back in. I don't suppose any of the journalists currently peddling Cipriani every article have bothered to think about whether Jamie George is having more of an impact than Hartley?

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net