rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP Home v Worcester Warriors Sunday September 23rd ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game After: AP Home v Sale Sharks Sunday September 30th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Re: Tigers Hotel and Car Park vision / video...
Stopsy (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 12:02
Blimey, they have even remodelled Sheet Rec

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2018 12:06 by Stopsy.

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 12:25
Looks great. Build it!!

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 12:41
Quote:
Stopsy
Blimey, they have even remodelled Sheet Rec

AKA Dog's Egg Alley.

Looks pretty swish, I have to say.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Mrs H (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 12:58
Doesn’t mean Jack Sh*t if the team isn’t performing

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 13:07
Quote:
Mrs H
Doesn’t mean Jack Sh*t if the team isn’t performing
Very eloquent, it does however mean we can afford to pay the going rate for world class players and not go bust like a couple of our rivals just might do

Rich W (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:17
Hmm - while I don't think it quite as simple as Mrs H's party might suggest the point is valid. Presently I'd rather they focused board attention on playing matters.

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 15:46
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Simon Cohen gets his overalls on and starts laying the foundations!

We always seem to me to have quite a large board, i think there's plenty of attention available to both oversee the playing side and intervene if necessary and oversee these major development projects too.

Ultimately, other than hiring and firing when necessary and ensuring sufficient resources are in place, what level of interference from the board do we want in the playing side?

SK 88 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:11
Quote:
Tiggs
Interesting images, but it looks like it will be tricky to walk across from the hotel to the the stadium ?

Literally in what way?

Its a totally flat piece of traffic free ground? Video at 1:30 shows plaza best.

Ultimately something has to be built there, and its poo or get off the pot time for us now. Its much better for us to have a stake and some control in what is built there.

GT1 (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:40
Looks great & the walkway through the park will be a bonus!

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:48
Quote:
Duncan Keene

Ultimately, other than hiring and firing when necessary and ensuring sufficient resources are in place, what level of interference from the board do we want in the playing side?

This(though I kinda wished they'd found a better coach, skippy is not cutting it for me)

tbtb (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 16:56
That parking bit under the hotel looks ripe for collecting rubbish and other debris.

penguin (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 17:17
Seems to me in the walk through far to many are moving but not getting anywhere... a little like the team walking on the spot

12 June, 2018 18:45
Not sure this project distracts the BOD too much as we are not actually doing the developing from what I understand, but will benefit from it's construction

''It [the NHS] will last as long as there are folk left with the faith to fight for it'' Aneurin Bevan

Are you faithfull?

Tiggs (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 19:42
Quote:
penguin
Seems to me in the walk through far to many are moving but not getting anywhere... a little like the team walking on the spot

Exactly no one actually moving at all, but all walking on the spot.
Even the jogger is stranded !

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
12 June, 2018 22:24
Quote:
Tiggs
Quote:
penguin

Exactly no one actually moving at all, but all walking on the spot.
Even the jogger is stranded !

Whereas the team do move - sideways.

Mrs H (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:17
Whilst trying to make my point tongue in cheek, I do think there is a connection between ground development and our downward spiral with team performance.
Whilst agreeing that seating capacity had to be increased the size and scale was both costly and over ambitious. Since the redevelopment our results have stagnated or gone backwards suggesting concentration of the board is elsewhere. While this isn’t the only factor in our lack of success, it is surely a contributing factor.
The hotel project is another diversion and whilst laudable, are the board expecting supporters to suck a lemon and wait for eventual cash income from that for team success? Because that’s how it seems to me

Rich W (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 08:57
I think the scale of redevelopment has been about right and I get that we need to stick or twist on the hotel space but I am not convinced the board as presently constituted had three wherewithal to manage both another large project such as this and the playing side to a satisfactory standard. Recent evidence suggest they cannot and new blood is required.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 09:13
Club has to be built on a solid foundation, look how long it has taken Gosforth to recover from Sir John Halls swift exit when he got bored. The playing side as far as the board is concerned should be to hire/fire a DoR/Head coach and rubber stamp any player purchases, now I agree that here they have failed miserably, but our on the field results/performances are the responsibility of the coaching staff and the players.

Johns (IP Logged)
13 June, 2018 10:01
The executives are responsible for the management of the club, the non execs on the board are there to advise and guide the execs.

Our decline has been shocking and not improved since we sacked coaches.

The last game at Sale was an improvement was it just a flash in the pan or a possible long term improvement.

The catering was not goodenough, the offering in the shop was poor in quality and design.

The academy at long last started to produce some quality youngsters, foe the future.

Recruitment has been very poor relying back room meat trading where we pushed out good players that wanted to stay.

I do wonder who is going to project manage then new development, afterall we cannot manage a leading rugby team anymore let alone a multi million pound project?

We have two ladies on the board, Mary who for many years has been Company Secretary keeping dealing with legal matters the other is Andrea our Commercial Director who has has expanded the number and I understand the value of our sponsorships.

Maybe we should promote her and who knows we may build a Ladies team, after all many clubs have developed Ladies Rugby while we have stood still.

A shake up of execs is long overdue.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 10:03 by Johns.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net