rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: Friendly Away v Treviso Friday August 17th ko 7.30pm not live on TV
Game After: Friendly Home v London Irish Friday August 24th ko 7.45pm not live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rowntree has left Quins.
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:14
Wonder where he will go.
If it wasn't for Boris and Blake would love him here.

Re: Rowntree has left Quins.
Murphyjames (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 13:24
No thanks.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 14:42
If we had a vacancy, I'd have him back

Murphyjames (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 15:37
Based on what Stopsy?.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:16
Based on the fact that the best coaches in the World, and most all players who have worked with him have been very impressed by him.
His knowledge and study of the game is amongst the best, but he probably isn't really a Head Coach type.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:22
Not many coaches have 2 successful lions tours or have beaten the AB's twice and drawn another for that matter.

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:51
In a heartbeat - if there was a vacancy. A great Tiger and a fine, fine coach.

Elder (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 16:53
But in a press conference about 5 years ago he used an inappropriate/ill considered turn of phrase. That negates everything he had done as a player or coach before and since, dunnit?

Stopsy (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 17:59
As above plus he has Tigers history and heritage

Willbur (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 18:08
Quote:
Elder
But in a press conference about 5 years ago he used an inappropriate/ill considered turn of phrase. That negates everything he had done as a player or coach before and since, dunnit?

Really? Must have missed that.....what on Earth did he say that brought such condemnation?

Stopsy (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 18:14
If only someone had mentioned it before, must have been too subtle a reference for me to catch

Johns (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 19:56
Quote:
From Quins Board
Harlequins has announced that Graham Rowntree has chosen to leave the Club for personal reasons.
Rowntree has been forwards coach at Harlequins for the past two seasons and he has been a very prominent and popular figure in the rugby department.

Harlequins would like to thank Graham for his great contribution and absolute commitment during his time at the Club.

The Club is incredibly grateful to Graham for all that he has given Harlequins and wishes him well for the future.

Rich W (IP Logged)
14 June, 2018 20:18
Quote:
Stopsy
As above plus he has Tigers history and heritage

As I say - a great Tiger.

Purebob (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 11:45
Rowntree and Farrell would be my Tigers dreamteam.

Donate now to Cancer research

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 12:36
I seem to recall he bad mouthed us and my opinion of him hit the floor at the time

Stopsy (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 12:47
I believe he bad mouthed England and by doing so Johnno, not Tigers

Willbur (IP Logged)
15 June, 2018 13:22
Quote:
tigerburnie
I seem to recall he bad mouthed us and my opinion of him hit the floor at the time

It was more along the lines of him saying in a press conference / interview, IIRC, about England being "In the gutter" after RWC 2011, when the Lancaster regime was appointed...implying that all was cack and every stone needed rebuilding - by default, some saw that as a personal, and direct, slight on Johnno....and let the World know of their disgust.

May well have been a valid POV but didn't need to be regurgitated mercilessly at every given opportunity.

I'd have Wig back at Tigers if there's an opening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/06/2018 14:35 by Willbur.

Elder (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 06:44
Rumours linking him with a role at Wasps :-(

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 13:43
Quote:
Elder
Rumours linking him with a role at Wasps :-(

I do hope not. I can forgive a Tigers legend many things, but I have my limits.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

SK 88 (IP Logged)
23 June, 2018 16:37
How much of the Rowntree to Wasps rumours are just an international rugby coach living in Hinckley and job being available in Coventry? Its an easy leap for people to make and get an article and some clicks out of.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net