Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Cilliers gone
daktari (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 14:56

Re: Cilliers gone
Stopsy (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 15:09
I hope we have something up our sleeve, we look light in the Prop department, particularly with Ellis injured.

JK (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 16:47
I hope so too given the potential for Cole and Genge to be ok international duty.

tigersimon (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 17:23
So props out - Logo, Cilliers, Rizzo & Betts.
Props in - Cortes

Plus if Baumann & Traynor are staying they are not the required standard

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 17:49
To be honest, looking at developments elsewhere, I do not have my usual pre-season confidence. I hope I can be proved wrong but I fear for next season.

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 18:15
Quote:
tigersimon

Plus if Baumann & Traynor are staying they are not the required standard

Both off

Tiggs (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 18:39
You heard it here first, the future is wingers as props.
Remember that wingers used to throw the line out balls in, instead of props, well now with wingers in the front row, we will have the most mobile pack in the world, and run rings round everyone else.
MOC is a visionary.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 18:47
Quote:
Tiggs
You heard it here first, the future is wingers as props.
Remember that wingers used to throw the line out balls in, instead of props, well now with wingers in the front row, we will have the most mobile pack in the world, and run rings round everyone else.
MOC is a visionary.

Not like we have alot of wingers currently either.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 20:02
At loosehead, depending on Genge's fitness, we have Genge, Bateman, Gigena & Hills. Gigenga and Hills both seen in pre-season photos btw so they are here. That's not too bad, certainly if Genge is out for 6 months and injury dispensation signing is possible then great but no need to sign depth for the sake of it.

Tighthead is Cole, Cortes and Heyes. With Cole probably 80% likely to be away for internationals. And no one else even vaguely at the appropriate age in academy. So we must have secured a decent tighthead replacement. Possibly this guy from Biarritz?

tigersimon (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 20:08
Cole, Genge, Bateman, Cortes, Gigena, Heyes, Grahamslaw, Hills(?)

A lot of inexperience especially when Cole & Genge (when fit) are on international duty.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 20:59
Given only Bateman can play both, sort of pointless listing them together.

LH: Genge, Bateman, Gigena, Hills, Grahamslaw
TH: Cole, Cortes, Heyes, (Bateman cover)

One's sort of okay (if the coaches rated Gigena & Hills, fair enough), the other really is short of players and means us relying a lot on a really young prop.

I bet we've got someone lined up tbh.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
10 July, 2018 22:10
Probably needed the Ciiliers salary freed before able to sign the replacement.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Elder (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 06:24
Rumour was that Cilliers was a panic buy and we paid him way too much cap as a consequence - so I hope the replacement has been in place for a while and we are not doing the Christmas shopping at the petrol station shop again.
Personally I donít expect Ellis to figure significantly for England unless they have an injury crisis - Mako & Marler will be the looseheads

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:03
Quote:
Elder
doing the Christmas shopping at the petrol station shop

Brilliant!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

NAGLT (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:03
Is that not this Feao guy across the top of Tigers twitter page?

tigersimon (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:11
Quote:
NAGLT
Is that not this Feao guy across the top of Tigers twitter page?

Thought that was TPN

NAGLT (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:13
You are right, didn't recognise him without the hair!

Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:37
Frankly, this is addition by subtraction - Cilliers was a massive sicknote and even when he did play, he was utter pony.

Rich W (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 08:48
He was far from pony - that's grossly unfair - but equally we should be able to attract an upgrade given what we understand about his recruitment.

Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
11 July, 2018 10:05
I'm happy to acknowledge that I judge imports (especially those capped internationally) far harsher than I would a home-grown academy player in the same place. I honestly don't see what Cilliers gave us that Heyes, for example, couldn't have done last season, at a vastly reduced cost. I know the immediate response to that is often that the academy players aren't ready, yet we are the only AP club afraid of giving their youngsters opportunity, which is half the reason they go elsewhere to play.

Plus, we have a salary cap that we need to extract maximum bang for the buck from and we aren't doing it with the likes of Cilliers and Manu getting intimate with the physio table, frankly.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net