rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: Friendly Away v Treviso Friday August 17th ko 7.30pm not live on TV
Game After: Friendly Home v London Irish Friday August 24th ko 7.45pm not live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Shirt Prices
JK (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 19:57
[scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net]

We're amongst the priciest at the top end and the cheapest at the other!

Re: Shirt Prices
Yorkie (IP Logged)
08 August, 2018 20:23
Why can't Tigers get a quality manufacturer like Adidas on board?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 09:53
Quote:
Yorkie
Why can't Tigers get a quality manufacturer like Adidas on board?

I've actually been pleasantly surprised by this year's Newcastle effort by Puma - good looks and appear to be very well manufactured. Yet I used to gently mock my football-supporting friends because rugby jerseys were far better quality.

Something to raise at the forum? The quality of the kits since Canterbury have been woeful, and are not worth the price - how many people actually buy them on release, and instead wait until they go on sale? I bet that would be an interesting statistic.

JK (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 10:25
Yup! Never pay full price any more.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 10:34
Haven't even bought for the last few seasons!

Club very aware of exceedingly poor quality provided by Kooga just from amount of stuff they returned themselves. Hence the change to Kukri. But if you look at the label inside the Kukri shirts, they are made by ............ Kooga!!

Getting out of contracts is difficult, particularly with Kitbag (or whatever they're called nowadays) as a middleman with a lot of control and influence.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 10:41
My cotton Cotton Traders shirts will be going long after the plastic ones have bitten the dust, i suspect.

09 August, 2018 10:47
Quote:
PrestonTiger
My cotton Cotton Traders shirts will be going long after the plastic ones have bitten the dust, i suspect.

This.

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 11:15
Hmm - I really don't get the rose tinteds about Cotton Traders. By then end their stuff was rubbish - poorly made and often sized wrongly, they faded badly and at different
rates from arms to torso, they frayed everywhere and the designs were dismal.

I can't comment on any of the recent ones because they have all been so intolerably dull that I wouldn't buy one but my Marcos Testimonial shirt has worn better than any of my Cotton Traders shirts.

09 August, 2018 12:04
Quote:
Rich W
Hmm - I really don't get the rose tinteds about Cotton Traders. By then end their stuff was rubbish - poorly made and often sized wrongly, they faded badly and at different
rates from arms to torso, they frayed everywhere and the designs were dismal.

I can't comment on any of the recent ones because they have all been so intolerably dull that I wouldn't buy one but my Marcos Testimonial shirt has worn better than any of my Cotton Traders shirts.

Interesting to hear, I've got five in total, three of which I've worn beyond the end of their presentable life and two which are still presentable, and none of those things are issues I've had, including the one from the very last Cotton Traders season. Possibly a greater variability in quality though, as they tried to drive down costs?

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 12:11
Who knows - but the sleeves on my 2002 shirt are a completely different shade to the body.

09 August, 2018 12:29
Did your other half sabotage it to stop you from wearing it? winking smiley

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 12:32
God no!

SK 88 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 13:16
With Cotton traders I couldn't buy a long sleeved shirt because they'd shrink so much as to be unwearable.

Fanatics run the shop these days not the club, club does have a veto and is involved in the process but not at an intimate day to day level.

Kukri deal expires at the end of this season I think. They are owned by JD Sports who are ultimately owned by Pentland Group, who also own Canterbury, Lacoste, Mitre and Speedo among many other brands.

higgy365 (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 13:25
Quote:
JK
https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38888150_10160617830840576_871615895636541440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=bdb2f2dcfb7d4c53fe692f861beedbdd&oe=5C12F7B0
We're amongst the priciest at the top end and the cheapest at the other!

‘Borrowing’ this for the Saints forum!

Yorkie (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 14:13
Quote:
SK 88
With Cotton traders I couldn't buy a long sleeved shirt because they'd shrink so much as to be unwearable.

When you have just washed the shirt and it is still damp, stretch it back into shape/size. Pulling gently on the sleeves will keep them the correct length.

I have experienced the same as Rich on one of my old Cotton Traders shirts whereby the sleeves are a different colour to the body of the shirt. But, in general, my collections of Cotton Traders shirts are good.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
09 August, 2018 17:18
Quote:
SK 88

Kukri deal expires at the end of this season I think. They are owned by JD Sports who are ultimately owned by Pentland Group, who also own Canterbury, Lacoste, Mitre and Speedo among many other brands.

SPEEDO. Tigers-striped (hooped) swimming trinks and cozzies. YEAH. I'm oh so defo IN IN IN for those

penguin (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 09:52
I believe this may well be the last year and a new supplier is then being sort brining in the big guns and new supplier.

Tiger tiger (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 09:52
I tend to be rose tinted with the shirts and will buy the home one for each new season. Loved the Cotton traders ones but all the talk about them is some what irrelevant as it was there decision to pull away from sports teams.

Personally would go back to Canterbury in a heart beat. Yes the 'Bib' wasn't great but the rest of the shirts were good and the quality was mush better than anything else we've had since.

Falling that Under Amour would be my choice.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 10:16
Quote:
PrestonTiger
Quote:
SK 88

SPEEDO. Tigers-striped (hooped) swimming trinks and cozzies. YEAH. I'm oh so defo IN IN IN for those

Green-red-white budgie smugglers with "Nice Tackle" on the front. Only the most tasteful kit will do for me.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

10 August, 2018 11:27
Quote:
Tiger tiger
I tend to be rose tinted with the shirts and will buy the home one for each new season. Loved the Cotton traders ones but all the talk about them is some what irrelevant as it was there decision to pull away from sports teams.
Personally would go back to Canterbury in a heart beat. Yes the 'Bib' wasn't great but the rest of the shirts were good and the quality was mush better than anything else we've had since.

Falling that Under Amour would be my choice.

It's not really irrelevant when what most of us are saying is that the quality hasn't been up to snuff since then - it doesn't seem unreasonable for that to be a consideration when choosing a new kit supplier. I agree though re. Canterbury or Under Armour.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net