rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: PRC Away v Saracens Sat. Oct. 27th ko 3.00pm live on BT
Game After: PRC Home v Worcester Warriors Sat. Nov. 3rd ko 3.00pm not live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
McMillan joins as hooker cover
Stopsy (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 11:06
Known to Bakewell

Re: McMillan joins as hooker cover
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 11:10
Well everyone was moaning about needing a hooker to come in, and it looks like in true tigers style we shopped at the bargain bin for a last minute signing.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 11:12
I hope he turns out like Bateman whos signing aroused the same sort of concern

Tiggs (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 11:15
Ex-Nottingham too.
Started 6 of 6 matches for Bristol, but only 3 of 26 for Saints, so very much a bench player ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 11:18
Quote:
Stopsy
I hope he turns out like Bateman whos signing aroused the same sort of concern

At least Bateman was 26, not 31.

Rich W (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:31
Bench cover is largely what we need isn't it?

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:47
We might give the guy a chance?
Welcome to the Tigers, prove the doubters wrong.

higgy365 (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 16:49
Good guy to have in your squad. Great bloke and never let us down when called upon.

Tidy bit of business for you guys I would say.

Hes certainly paid his dues too- this is a good link to help you get up to speed for anyone interested:

[www.northantstelegraph.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2018 17:05 by higgy365.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 22:37
Thanks for the link. Most interesting.

He will certainly have my support whenever he puts on a Tigers shirt, and hope he has a great time with us, however long that is.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 09:06
I don't get the whingeing about the guy. He's joining as cover, which he's a solid enough workhorse to be. If he turns out better, that's gravy. Welcome to him,and I hope he does a top job.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Rich W (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 09:41
Quite.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:21
Does this last minute signing of an additional Hooker (which I think our squad needed anyway) mean that the circumstances of TPN's availability have changed?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

SK 88 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:30
Typical panic signing.

And I bet on his open forum Cohen will claim his usual "it all happens 18 months in advance" rubbish.

This and the Ma'afu/Genge singing beg the question, what would we have done if they were injured/unavailable in week 2 rather than in pre-season? Either you can handle an injury/unavailability or you can't.

I'm all for trying to polish a few diamonds from the second division but we've signed 4 front rowers from the second tier this summer alone. We're in serious danger of sliding towards being a second tier club if we don't sort out our recruitment.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:58
Some people like whinging,in all walks of life, it's their whole reason for living. Nothing wrong with it in principal but they always come unstuck when you ask them what their alternative would be.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:11
As ever Ill see how he goes for us and then judge but to be honest if TPN and OTY were unavailable Ill be glad for him to be around as an option to the 2 young guys and Jimmy

SK 88 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:17
I'd rather find out if the young guys or Stevens are good enough.

I know McMillan isn't. This is exactly like signing Traynor. A total known quantity and we know that he isn't good enough.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:35
I too want to see the young guys but equally IF they are still developing, being beasted in a must win game, may not help anyone

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:49
Don't we also know how good/bad Stevens is?

As Idle says, which Hookers were available this summer who we could/should have signed on "third choice" money? Sad to see Thorker go but if Brizzle are paying him "2nd choice" money or better then we couldn't compete.

You also need a player who knows that their chances of starting in that big final are not good with 2 international hookers ahead of them in the squad.

Not saying our recruitment is perfect - it blatantly isn't and this guy does smack of a panic buy - but it is a far more complicated and difficult job than some people think. I often wonder upon the "judge's" personal relevant experience and life knowledge which they use to reach their conclusions?

SK 88 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:50
If you really believe this is anything other than a terrible panic signing I don't know what to say.

He is rubbish. If the best we can say is that the others are more rubbish then it begs the question why did we bother signing them in the first place? It doesn't make any sense.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:58
It does look to be a panic signing but how terrible it will ending up being is still to be found out. You could well be right but I hope not.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net