rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: Premiership Rugby 7's July 27th & 28th at Franklin's Gardens
Game After: Friendly Away v Cardiff Blues Sat. August 11th ko 2.30pm

Teams Up
IanC (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:08
Leicester Tigers (v Cardiff Blues, away, Saturday, August 11 2.30pm)

15 Jordan Olowofela

14 Jonah Holmes

13 Brendan Macken

12 George Worth

11 Sam Aspland-Robinson

10 Joe Ford

9 Ben White

1 Campese Ma’afu

2 Jimmy Stevens

3 Facundo Gigena

4 James Voss

5 Harry Wells (c)

6 Sam Lewis

7 Tommy Reffell

8 Thom Smith

Replacements: Jake Kerr, Harry Mahoney, Joe Heyes, Gaston Cortes, Sam Grahamslaw, Cameron Jordan, Henri Lavin, Taylor Gough, Fred Tuilagi, Harry Simmons, Sam Harrison, Tom Hardwick, Matt Smith, Adam Thompstone, Mat Tait

Re: Teams Up
Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:10
So Gigena to TH is quite interesting.
Hardwick should be starting.

Outside that quite happy with the starting lineup for a first preseason game.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:14
So in the build up to the Prem season starting, we give our LV cup team a run out!

OK, I sort of understand why but I've never really got why the club bother to arrange a series of preseason games and then not use them to get the first team a chance to gel. Maybe next week?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Seal (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:25
Nobody else noticed Brendan Macken???

Is he on loan to us or something?

10 August, 2018 12:25
Quote:
Yorkie
So in the build up to the Prem season starting, we give our LV cup team a run out!
OK, I sort of understand why but I've never really got why the club bother to arrange a series of preseason games and then not use them to get the first team a chance to gel. Maybe next week?

Well we can't play England Internationals also give Internationals in general a rest, so it would never be the first team anyway.

10 August, 2018 12:26
Quote:
Seal
Nobody else noticed Brendan Macken???
Is he on loan to us or something?

Well he has no club currently so can't be a loan.

Was rumoured to be joining a while ago, could be a trial thing as potential cover depending on Toomua and Manu situations.

Rich W (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:34
I wondered about Macken - may be a trial?

And Joe Ford!(Sm164)

Like AW says - why isn't Hardwick starting this one?(Sm95)

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 12:45
Be interesting to see what sort of side Caaaaardiff field

Willbur (IP Logged)
10 August, 2018 22:34
Quote:
tigerburnie
Be interesting to see what sort of side Caaaaardiff field

Cardiff Blues: Dan Fish; Jason Harries, Harri Millard, Willis Halaholo, Tom James; Steven Shingler, Lewis Jones; Brad Thyer, Ethan Lewis, Scott Andrews, Ben Murphy, James Down, Callum Bradbury, Olly Robinson (capt), James Botham

Replacements: Liam Belcher, Rhys Carre, Keiron Assiratti, Rory Thornton, Alun Lawrence, Dane Blacker, Ben Jones, Cai Devine, Morgan Allen, Tom Williams, Aled Summerhill, Cameron Lewis, Ioan Davies

[www.leicestertigers.com]

SK 88 (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 12:33
Brendan Macken another genius signing.

I have never felt this flat or dread filled about a season ever.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:01
Blimey. It's all gone completely Vivien Leigh on here.

Can you still get sal volatile?

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Stopsy (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:14
A born optimist I am looking forward to the season and hope the small margins have all been improved over the summer

Yorkie (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 13:55
We will hopefully see the difference a full preseason and a fining tuning of the group by Bakewell has made on our forwards. If not a big step up from where we were at the start of last season, then I might start to worry.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 14:15
I'd hope the lineout has improved. If that's still Panty McPantsface, I might end up clutching the pearls and reaching for the smelling salts myself.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 18:23
As a born pessimist, I'm still looking forward to the season, but I hope we improve by quite a large margin, especially in the lineout. And I 've managed to wangle two trips down in September Falcons and Warriors. Having witnessed last season possibly the worst home performance I've ever seen against the latter, I'm hoping for a little revenge. But it's the hope that kills you Stopsy.

S4llyC (IP Logged)
11 August, 2018 18:36
Quote:
Tigergeezer
Blimey. It's all gone completely Vivien Leigh on here.
Can you still get sal volatile?

I’ve bin known to lose me rag from time to time....less tolerant and more impatient as age advances......will that do you geezer?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net