rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: AP Home v Worcester Warriors Sunday September 23rd ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game After: AP Home v Sale Sharks Sunday September 30th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Phew thank goodness
tigerburnie (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 15:01

Re: Phew thank goodness
Murphyjames (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 16:19
He would have been better than MOC.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 16:40
Really, based on what exactly?

Murphyjames (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 18:12
Have you seen Leinster recently?, and watched Tigers in the same period?.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 18:29
But 2 wrongs don't make a right do they?

Mattwillarms (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 18:56
It feels to me that rugby has become somewhat secondary at Tigers. If Murphy is given the entire season “unless the wheels totally come off!”, what does that say about our expectations? It’s ok to finish fifth again?! WTF!!! We are Tigers. The leading light of English rugby. When did it ever become ok to finish anywhere other than first.
This is not meant to be anti Murphy. I love him. It is anti Tigers board. There is no clear rugby plan just bloody trial and error. Sacking the head coach after 1 game is embarrassing. The position of the exec should be untenable. I think we will continue to drift until there are positive changes at the very top.
That said, I know that Murphy will give it his best and he will always have my complete support.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 19:32
Murphy will always have your complete support,eh?

I shall remember that.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Mattwillarms (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 20:14
Quote:
Tigergeezer
I shall remember that.

Glad that you will remember. Will be nice to be proven correct.
Can’t be nice to be so untrusting though! Go on. Take me on my word. You may well start to enjoy life a little more 👍

Oxon Rob (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 20:52
I don't think MOC was sacked after one game. His final game was the final straw. You can imagine his bosses saying something like "bit of a strange pre-season that? Hope it works but if it doesn't we'll know you've lost the plot and you'll be on your way."

Rich W (IP Logged)
11 September, 2018 21:33
I have to say this pretty much nails it:
Quote:
There is no clear rugby plan just bloody trial and error. Sacking the head coach after 1 game is embarrassing. The position of the exec should be untenable. I think we will continue to drift until there are positive changes at the very top.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
12 September, 2018 07:38
Quote:
Mattwillarms
Quote:
Tigergeezer
I shall remember that.

Glad that you will remember. Will be nice to be proven correct.
Can’t be nice to be so untrusting though! Go on. Take me on my word. You may well start to enjoy life a little more 👍

Now that is amusing. Thanks for a larf first thing on a dull wet Wednesday.

You're not wrong about the drift and the Board's responsibility for it, though. I'm in the camp that traces a lot of that down to the loss of Peter Wheeler, influence.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net