Latest News:

Next Game: HCC Away v Ulster Sat. Oct. 13th ko 5.30pm live on BT
Game After: HCC Home v Scarlets Fri. Oct. 19th ko 7.45pm live on BT

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Next 2 weeks
Tiggs (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 15:28
Just a bit of fun guessing where we will be in 2 more weeks.
If I can be optimistic, then I will assume that we get 5pts at home to Wuss and Sale, so that we are on 17pts.
I will ignore Sarries and Exeter for now, and assume that they will still be the top 2.
Bath are on 9pts and to play Saints at home and Sarries away, so I can't see them getting to 17pts.
Quins are on 8pts and to play Bristol away and Glos away, again I can't see them getting to 17pts.
Wasps are on 10 pts and to play Sale away, and Newcastle away, they could win both, but more likely to get 6 or 7 pts, so no better than 17pts.
Glos are on 12pts, and to play Sarries away, and Quins at home, again I can't see them getting more than 5 pts, to better 17pts.

And so after these next 2 weeks we should well be in the top 4, and maybe 3rd if only tied on pts.

Lots of ifs, but nothing ridiculous ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Re: Next 2 weeks
Murphyjames (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 15:42
I would not bank on Tigers winning any game right now. Worcester beat us at home last season, Sale should have done.

We are in a potential crisis already.

But what's new?, this is 'normal' for Tigers.

We are no longer a top, big, successful, winning club.

As long as 20,000 fans turn up, Cohen and Tom are happy.

Tigers are a marketing mirage, all PR and little substance.

It's plastic PR ''Tigers Family'', rather than hard earned gritty reputations forged in the battle of winning matches against top sides. We are light years away from success on the field. God help us in Europe again.

Those days are long gone when Tigers were the benchmark.

penguin (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 15:52
I give up..... well MJ has...

we have beaten a top four team from last season and lost away to two of the top three from last season... one was a possible win and we only lost by 6 with a man down... the other well lets say not many will come away with anything from Exeter this season...

Win our home games against the top six, pick up bonus points when possible and we will be fine...

I am with you Tiggs!! lets get behind the team rather than wallow in self pity and ringing our hands in total despair...

18 September, 2018 15:55
I was quite optimistic after the last two games.

After reading your post I think I'll get my shot gun.

Murphyjames (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 15:56
No self pity from me.

Just the truth.

In fact your words said it above.

It's OK to lose to a Top team.

Tigers by the definition you use are not a top team.

You are saying lets beat Wuss, Bristol, Sale, Quins at home, try and scrape a Top 4 spot, and get stuffed by Exeter/Wasps/Sarries away in the play offs - but its OK to be Top 4.

tbtb (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:00
Quote:
Murphyjames
I would not bank on Tigers winning any game right now. Worcester beat us at home last season, Sale should have done.

It's plastic PR ''Tigers Family'', rather than hard earned gritty reputations forged in the battle of winning matches against top sides. We are light years away from success on the field. God help us in Europe again.

Jog the @#$%& on.

There are finally a few things to be positive about and nobody needs or wants to hear this @#$%&.

penguin (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:05
Yes MJ we have fallen behind but we are looking to get this back. No one has a God Given Right to be Top you work for it that's why its a sport....

My guess is you need to look for another team until of course they in the way of things fall off the pace then you can move on again...

Or you could get positive and get behind the boys! just saying smiling smiley

jojo (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:17
I know where Wils is coming from and to some extent he may be correct. But since Smurf took over there appears to be a completely different atmosphere around the club. No one in their right mind could expect things to change overnight but all we/I want to see is a change in attitude, playing style and blooding some of our fringe players as they are our future.

All in all there is more to be positive about than to be depressed about.

We are going to suffer some setbacks over the comimg months but as long as we can see progress then we should cut some slack to the team and coaches.

18 September, 2018 16:23
I don't necessarily get the 'get behind the boys thing' and I was always a 'bring back Cockerill man' even after the Bakewell bounce last year.

That said this is the first time for ages that I can see some positivity going forward and if that means 'getting behind the boys' I'll do it.

Murphy strikes me as a Cockerill type character fiercely loyal to the Tigers, will blame himself when we lose and take no credit when we win. And he only mentioned the 'environment' word once in his post match interview (well we can't expect perfection).

(JSF) (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:34
Lol - there's definitely reasons to be positive & upbeat.

We've got rid of O'Connor and after 2 short weeks the team have the look of a better balanced squad with something resembling a 'game plan' (remember those) - although at present that is 'score more than the oppo'. Much as Wasps have found out that makes for entertaining rugby but ultimately won't win many/any pots.

Defence will come with structure and a systematic approach to coaching, I even think we're sorting the line-out and maul shambles, slowly.

Wills will always be negative by default and as said before he does have some valid points but I'm more than happy to enjoy the ride as long as we see improvements

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0BFYV4zuKiQxAjIXdY4zVnb4bJpjzN3WIJiuYTCU7YKsSpf_yuA

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:37
I don't think everyone is saying that everything is tickety-boo, MJ. We recognise that Tigers, like most teams currently, are some way off Ex and Sarries. We know that the BOD has made serious mistakes over the last couple of years and maybe a shake up in management is still needed.
BUT, our performance in the last two games has shown a marked improvement on what we witnessed in the first and for much of last season. The whole squad seems to be backing the new coach and this is apparent on the pitch. We are scoring tries again and gradually improving our defence. We have better players than last year and the whole squad seems energised and eager to play.
It could, of course, all go TU, as you prophesy. But constant negativity is a lonely furrow, as Cassandra discovered. Most of us prefer to celebrate the positive signs we have seen in the last two outings and get behind our new Head Coach and the team. I was present at last year's awful defeat by Worcester and I'll be cheering us to victory (I hope) on Sunday.

PS I can send you the bandages I needed after the Ex game; the wrists are healing nicely now.

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 16:47
Ah. So Wils is for Williams. Got it.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 18:20
Gawd blimey, I'm with penguin on this. We have just played in a cracker of a game, which could have gone either way, Smurph has been in charge for two games and the atmosphere is completely different, give him a chance.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 20:15

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Stopsy (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 20:21
Oh the MurphyJames rant is comin’ On into town
Wrist slash away, wrist slash away, wrist slash awaaaay

Yeehaw we done gotten ourselves a doom monger

Yorkie (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 20:22
But Tiggs has jinxed it all with his OP!!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Willbur (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 20:44
Quote:
Stopsy
Yeehaw we done gotten ourselves a doom monger

Never seen he/she/it as that positive to be fair.....

Jon T (IP Logged)
18 September, 2018 21:03
Quote:
Murphyjames

So you know where we are, get over it, stop whining and feeling entitled and look forward to seeing if we improve, or saying I told you so once again.

Murphyjames (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 11:13
Nothing is about entitlement.

You get what you deserve in elite sport.

That's why Tigers have been achieving very little for 5 years.

We are light years behind the top sides.

That has nothing to do with feeling entitled, that's a lazy remark from supporters who cannot see the facts, or don't want to.

We appointed the wrong Guys to take charge, Mauger and MOC, we sacked them, and then appointed another in house ex-Tiger. It's worked in the past.

But that's the problem - Tigers are living in the past.

Recent history says Tigers are no longer a credible European force.

Let's see how things go, but the BoD are on the hook here.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
19 September, 2018 13:17
The only person living in the past is you now MJ.

Team is clearly trying to build something new, not about where we were yesterday its about where we want to be now and tomorrow.

Anyway, main problem for next few weeks is really lock. Fitzgerald out injured, Kitchener still absent from even the warm ups and Spencer banned. Voss will presumably be recalled but we are pretty think there now.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net