rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: HCC Home v Scarlets Fri. Oct. 19th ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: PRC Away v Saracens Sat. Oct. 27th ko 3.00pm live on BT

This week's motivation for Geordan to use.
Yorkie (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:40
A sense of total injustice at the 4 week ban for Will. Win the game for the big man.

Let's get back our "everyone is against us" vibe. Everyone pull together to win every game.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Re: This week's motivation for Geordan to use.
Rich W (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 11:44
No-one likes us - we don't care!

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:56
We're against ourselves at times.

Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 11:46
If that's the message that rugby wants to send regarding contact to the head, fine. But please explain how Bastareaud's assault on a defenceless player, which he has form for, merited only five weeks?

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 13:44
And for the Sale game he could just run the video of the first half and say, 'How did you feel when you came off the pitch at h/t,'.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 15:08
“When you were booed off the pitch at half time “

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 15:25
When who was booed of at half-time Mike?

IanC (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 15:37
Sad to say, Rich, I did hear booing from my vantage point. Not sure if it was aimed at the team or the ref, though.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 16:03
From the comments around me in the H&B, I say definitely the team.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 16:37
There was definitely some animus towards the ref at the end but I didn't hear any booing at the half.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 16:41
It was audible on RL and commented on, the commentary implied it was aimed at the team.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 17:06
Couldn't hear it on the terrace.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 17:12
Heard it in the A+L stand. More 'disgruntled chunterings' than outright booing I'd say. But certainly not a positive vibe to say the least.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 11:22
I think it's fair to say if we lose to this weeks bottom side at home, we can forget Europe again and we could well forget even qualifying for next seasons competition. This side could just be the worst Tigers side we have ever fielded and I do not understand why. The players are internationals, yet can't motivate themselves to start when the first whistle goes and then spend the rest of the day chasing the game.
Old fashioned beastings required for the lazy barstewards that are not up to it is my motivation, I would be banging some heads together and I would be rotating players who start.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 18:11
yes, there were a few boos started going around, then it was as tough they thought better of it. Difficult to tell who they were booing, the ref certainly made a few mistakes but he wasn't the reason we had a first half thrashing.

27 September, 2018 17:44
Quote:
tigerburnie
I think it's fair to say if we lose to this weeks bottom side at home, we can forget Europe again and we could well forget even qualifying for next seasons competition. This side could just be the worst Tigers side we have ever fielded and I do not understand why. The players are internationals, yet can't motivate themselves to start when the first whistle goes and then spend the rest of the day chasing the game.
Old fashioned beastings required for the lazy barstewards that are not up to it is my motivation, I would be banging some heads together and I would be rotating players who start.

I would be astonished if this season sees our resurgence in Europe, but I do think it has the potential to be the making of Geordie .. I think he's already feeling the pain his mates are giving him

The referee is the final arbitrary

Tigergeezer (IP Logged)
28 September, 2018 12:11
I have this week's motivation sorted.

"Guys, if you don't keep it tight in defence and play and think for the full 80, TG will thcream and thcream until he's thick. And he can. Nobody wants that."

The lowest depth to which people can sink before God is defined by the word 'journalist'.

Soren Kierkegaard

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 12:36
IMHO We should forget about Europe for a couple and seasons and cement us in the League. We should just put out a token academy side in Europe, that would have the added advantage of pee-ing everyone off, though I would bet my index linked pension rise that we would still turn up.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 12:53
I remember we put out an "A" team once and beat South Africa, not sure we could do that now with our current squad.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
29 September, 2018 18:52
If it stays this bad I'll be sacked by Xmas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net