Latest News:

Next Game: GPR Away v Gloucester Rugby Fri. Nov. 16th ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Saracens Sun. Nov. 25th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Re: Honeymoon over?
PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:07
Defo better once Youngs x2 off. Esp Ben.
Ben white needs to stsrt over YbY for definite. Too much ditheting as usual by YBY.
Also got into their lineout once Wells came on.

But for 65 mins we were clueless. Same old cobblers... can't tackle, no structure, taking the ball static, crash ball from standstill by single players with no support. Sod all chase on kick offs, etc. And headless under pressure, dont sem to know how to go through phases without losing their nerve.
And no idea how to close a game out .

Stopsy (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:07
Thanks AW

SK 88 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:13
Its all about the defence, can't kill the attack for their errors when we are scoring 35 points a game but conceding 40+.

Hard to tell from the terrace but it seemed like they were just cutting through the 12-13 channel at will without us "missing" tackles. There was no one there to miss them! We then are on the back foot and miss subsequent ones letting them in.

Seemed to be lacking aggression on both sides of the ball.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:16
Quote:
PrestonTiger
Defo better once Youngs x2 off. Esp Ben.
Ben white needs to stsrt over YbY for definite. Too much ditheting as usual by YBY.
Also got into their lineout once Wells came on.

But for 65 mins we were clueless. Same old cobblers... can't tackle, no structure, taking the ball static, crash ball from standstill by single players with no support. Sod all chase on kick offs, etc. And headless under pressure, dont sem to know how to go through phases without losing their nerve.
And no idea how to close a game out .

Agree on Tom Youngs, he looks a spent force to me.

I thought Ben Youngs was pretty good, and White was very slow to get the ball out. I wouldn't mind starting White to give Youngs a kick up the backside though. He seems to get a very ride throughout his whole career really, and I say that as someone who is in no doubt he is our best scrumhalf.

Purebob (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:31
Tom has nothing to prove. A winning England and lions tourist, multiple prem winner, Euro finalist.

I truly wish he'd go a revel in the miracle of his family now Tiff's in remission.

Ben's got nowt to prove either. He should go and make a stack of money for his last top tier years in France.

We must stop pre-printing their names on the stating line-up.

Donate now to Cancer research

Stopsy (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:32
There were lots of references to Manu rushing out of the defensive line again and leaving spaces. This has been an issue for ever. If Worcester were going through 12-13 channel, was this the cause?

I haven't seen it yet.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:55
Quote:
SK 88
they were just cutting through the 12-13 channel at will without us "missing" tackles. There was no one there to miss them! We then are on the back foot and miss subsequent ones letting them ..ll.

That explains it well. Easy runs and breaks through the centres, and the tackles half made-half missed seem to come from being off to the side of the player running through. As you say, all then on the back foot to our try line.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 16:59
Quote:
Stopsy
There were lots of references to Manu rushing out of the defensive line again and leaving spaces. This has been an issue for ever. If Worcester were going through 12-13 channel, was this the cause?
I haven't seen it yet.

Wasn't sure whether the 12 is coming in aa bit to cover for ford, leaving the holes. Or manu causing them.
I noticed a few times Manu having to get involved to try mop up an earlier problem.

Got to muster the will to watch that garbage 1st hour again

wigstontiger (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:18
Completely agree with you. Ben White brought much needed tempo.

We looked better when both Youngs went off.

daktari (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 17:22
I watched that@#$%&live at the ground , the players were disorganoised , looked tired and frankly demotivated, WTF is happening at the club? 10 minutes of application in a game of 80 minutes and 70 minutes of laconic , arrogance , we dersrved a stuffing , good on Warriors. Warriors we dead on their feet at the end, we were dead in the top 10% from the very beginning.

Willbur (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:31
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
Quote:
Stopsy
Duncan's comment on RL is on the money.
We got better after Ben went off, in terms of arrogance/complacency often starts with Ben in my opinion. That said, 1-15 were poor by the sound of it. Where is the on field leadership in the first half? Sounded like we kept doing the same@#$%&in the expectation that we were right.

Ford and May genuinely played well I thought.

Even when we where pants they looked like they where trying to create something.

But the latter trying to create something in our own 22 at the end contributed heavily to Wuss' final try opportunity.

Hard to 'blame' JM but it was too much at the wrong time IMO - a cool head was needed, clear it and disrupt Wuss' tiring pack at a lineout and go again - genuinely believed if we had we would probably have (undeservedly) nicked it at the death. Worked damned hard for 10-15 mins to get back on level par (Wuss tiring visibly helped) then - BOOM - Implosion again.

Fair play to Wuss, their first 60 minutes was enough justification for the points IMO.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:38
Never mind the ref or anything else we lost this one simply because for 60 mins. We were truly awful, complete and utter rubbish and the fact that Wuss attacked our line 8 times and scored every time.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 18:59
Quote:
Purebob
Tom has nothing to prove. A winning England and lions tourist, multiple prem winner, Euro finalist.
I truly wish he'd go a revel in the miracle of his family now Tiff's in remission.

Ben's got nowt to prove either. He should go and make a stack of money for his last top tier years in France.

Tom's only won one Premiership. Joe Duffy was the reserve most of the 09/10 season, Youngs didn't really start much at all before 2012/13 (3 games prior to that season). The only current player that played in the 09 Euro final is Matt Smith.

Not to say he's had a bad career at all but he has not achieved all that.

Agree on the final sentence, there is little "feel" of the team being picked on form to me.

Willbur (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:05
[www.leicestertigers.com]

Jonny May wasn't hiding his disappointment following the loss to Worcester Warriors at Welford Road, with the Leicester Tigers winger admitting the squad are angry at themselves after failing to learn from lessons in defeat already this season.

Speaking to LTTV in the changing room at Welford Road post-match, May said: "We're fed up, we're angry and that's directed at ourselves."

Asked if the result hurts, a clearly dejected May wasn't pulling any punches in responding.

"Of course it does ... it's the same old mistakes, the same old lessons we keep failing to learn," said May.

"No doubt we'll bounce back and be good next week, but why do we need to have this to respond to in order to get the best out of ourselves?

"It's not good enough."

For a second successive week Tigers have come away with two bonus points in defeat and May, who crossed for his fifth try in just four appearances in the seven-point loss, says the signs are good in attack for Leicester but defensively it is not up to scratch.

"When we keep the ball ... we'll score tries, but we're leaking tries for fun in defence and that's not good enough," he said.

While clearly frustrated at today's performance and result, May did point out that it is the tougher times that offer more lessons than the happier moments.

"Going through these hard times make you learn," said May.

"Let's hope this is the last time we're sitting here saying these things."

The Tigers winger will now join an England Training Camp in Bristol for the next two days, before returning to Leicester on Tuesday evening ahead of next Sunday's clash with Sale at Welford Road.

When asked about linking with the national squad, May was admittedly torn on feelings about leaving his team mates to review the loss to Worcester but certain of returning will full focus on returning to the winners list next weekend.

"You want to be with your boys ... I'll enjoy England when I'm there, but once I'm back I'll be fully focused on helping us get ready for the weekend," he said.

Tigers now go in to Round 5 of the Gallagher Premiership season in seventh spot and when asked about the additional pressure on next Sunday's fixture against Sale at Welford Road, May was quick to point out all games in the competition are big in their own right.

"Every game is huge, every moment within each game are huge ... you've just got to prepare and be your best in every moment, for every game."

Not sure about others and whilst I fully understand the players/coaches speaking this way to media sources/outlets, I'm bored of hearing it.

daktari (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:18
Did they look angry , motivated and hungry when they came out the tunnel , not from where i sat , they looked, laconic , disinterested and frankly unfit.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:20
Do you really need a coach to tell you that if the man with ball is going for the line, you bring him down?.

Willbur (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 19:35
Quote:
daktari
and frankly unfit.

Ain't that the truth. By comparison Heem and Adams were after every kick off / restart and got to most, if not all.

We were nowhere near most of them.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 21:52
On that last point. Are kicks are too long most of the time to get to then on a chase. Is it an intentional tactic ? I assume it must be given we do it all the time ( have done for years and years - well before Ford's time here) , and Ford can cetainly kick from hand accurately when he puts his mind to it.

Rich W (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 21:56
May is having a laugh! We lost that game because he had a moment of utter lunacy off the final restart.

Purebob (IP Logged)
23 September, 2018 23:41
Quote:
SK 88
Quote:
Purebob

Tom's only won one Premiership. Joe Duffy was the reserve most of the 09/10 season, Youngs didn't really start much at all before 2012/13 (3 games prior to that season). The only current player that played in the 09 Euro final is Matt Smith.

Not to say he's had a bad career at all but he has not achieved all that.

Agree on the final sentence, there is little "feel" of the team being picked on form to me.

Okay

"Prem winner, multiple prem finalist, sucked in dodgy euro games" better ? smiling smiley

Donate now to Cancer research

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net