Latest News:

Next Game: GPR Away v Gloucester Rugby Fri. Nov. 16th ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Saracens Sun. Nov. 25th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Re: Honeymoon over?
Bod (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 04:53
The media response training seems absolutely top notch !

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

SK 88 (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 07:01
Quote:
Purebob
Quote:
SK 88
Quote:
Purebob
Tom has nothing to prove. A winning England and lions tourist, multiple prem winner, Euro finalist.
I truly wish he'd go a revel in the miracle of his family now Tiff's in remission.

Ben's got nowt to prove either. He should go and make a stack of money for his last top tier years in France.

We must stop pre-printing their names on the stating line-up.

Tom's only won one Premiership. Joe Duffy was the reserve most of the 09/10 season, Youngs didn't really start much at all before 2012/13 (3 games prior to that season). The only current player that played in the 09 Euro final is Matt Smith.

Not to say he's had a bad career at all but he has not achieved all that.

Agree on the final sentence, there is little "feel" of the team being picked on form to me.

Okay

"Prem winner, multiple prem finalist, sucked in dodgy euro games" better ? smiling smiley

More accurate winking smiley

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 07:50
Quote:
Agree on the final sentence, there is little "feel" of the team being picked on form to me.

Whose form is better than OTY's?

Oxon Rob (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 08:47
We,ve now had twenty one tries scored against us in four poem games. That's by far the worst in the league. Nearest rivals for that accolade are Sale (17) and Briz (14). Our tries (14) for compare quite favourably with the top teams so its a) clear where the problem lies and b) actually quite hopeful if we can fix it before things get much worse. It seems to be a combination of systems and individual culpability. Being charitable, if pre-season is at all necessary then we seemed to have had several weeks of preparing wrongly which, presumably, will take at least a few weeks to undo and put right.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 09:03
To be honest I would just have them tackling all week - defence session after defence session after defence session is what is required. No attacking work is currently needed.

If we could defend we'd have won that game comfortably - regardless of tries from lineout mishap or Johnny May's lunatic restart feckup.

Jon T (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 09:05
Quote:
Rich W
May is having a laugh! We lost that game because he had a moment of utter lunacy off the final restart.

We lost because of that one incident! I dont think so.

Jon T (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 09:07
Quote:
Rich W
To be honest I would just have them tackling all week - defence session after defence session after defence session is what is required. No attacking work is currently needed.
If we could defend we'd have won that game comfortably - regardless of tries from lineout mishap or Johnny May's lunatic restart feckup.

This is more to the point.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 09:27
Quote:
Jon T
Quote:
Rich W
May is having a laugh! We lost that game because he had a moment of utter lunacy off the final restart.

We lost because of that one incident! I dont think so.

If he doesn't do that we hold onto the draw - so yes we did lose because of it - though far from solely that - which is my second point.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 11:25
I will throw out a big if here, but if Tigers get a 5pt win v Sale, then they should go into 5th place as Bath are away at Sarries, and Glos and Quins play each other.
And if Wasps lose away at Falcons, we might even be just 1 pt from the top 4.
It might paper over cracks, after this start, but just think what might happen if we actually improve, and that has to be a realistic chance ?
I will hold off from slashing my wrists for another week or two methinks.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2018 11:26 by Tiggs.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 12:04
Me too.

Not to pretend that there aren't real issues but they look eminently fixable to me.

Elder (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 12:15
Ok - Iíll play - compared to our performance in the equivalent 4 fixtures last season, we are 7 points better off this time around.
Fix the defence- even get it to reasonably competent as opposed to currently clueless- and things donít look quite so bleak. The other big plus is of course that the square peg that was Skippy has gone, so I think improvements all round can reasonably be expected.

Murphyjames (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 14:09
Quote:
Rich W

''Lineout mishap'' - that's the second most funniest thing I have heard in the last 3/4 years of our Lineout shambles era.

Priceless!.

I like it Rich.

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 15:09
Sorry but after the appalling first half, the term 'dead cat bounce' came to mind. I wish I shared RichW's optimism. Loved Tom Young's comment afterwards: 'we didn't start well'. The 'well' is utterly superfluous. Now we'll see what Geordan can do - against all the odds.

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 15:39
I didn't say I was optimistic - I said that things could be fixed and suggested a course of action - albeit frivolously.

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 16:20
Quote:
Rich W

I have some sympathy for May. He started the fightback with a try after Ford's chip , which nobody else would have had the speed to do.
SOOOO many times last year he seemed to decide (rightly from where I sat) that he had to do something on his own, because clearly no fecker else was going to.

His restsrt c@ck up was to me another of those 'ffs I'll have to sort this myself AGAIN' occurrences that went awry, with no leadership.
There should have been a clear 'now this is what we will do' from our leader on the pitch before that last restart. Which involves kicking it out. Would we have made that feckup under Jonno or Cozza? Dont think so.

Oxon Rob (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 19:06
Astonishingly, one tiger did make it into The Guardian's Premiership team of the week - but, on closer inspection, even he was credited to be a Gloucester player!!

Rich W (IP Logged)
24 September, 2018 19:57
Quote:
PrestonTiger
Quote:
Rich W

I have some sympathy for May. He started the fightback with a try after Ford's chip , which nobody else would have had the speed to do.
SOOOO many times last year he seemed to decide (rightly from where I sat) that he had to do something on his own, because clearly no fecker else was going to.

His restsrt c@ck up was to me another of those 'ffs I'll have to sort this myself AGAIN' occurrences that went awry, with no leadership.
There should have been a clear 'now this is what we will do' from our leader on the pitch before that last restart. Which involves kicking it out. Would we have made that feckup under Jonno or Cozza? Dont think so.

Some of that I agree with, but what was he doing at that point - having just salvaged a draw he decided that it was worth an absurdly high risk - who ever thinks 'I know I'll run, under pressure, across my posts deep in my own 22'?

I'm sorry - yes his try was wonderful (as was the much maligned George's chip) but he might as well not have done it at all if he was going to then do that.

Players have to take responsibility. No coach can deal with that.

GT1 (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 07:43
I thought May should have passed the ball inside after Georges chip so the conversion was under the posts instead he wandered to the corner & the kick was missed!! Those 2 points would have made all the difference!

vicky_c (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 07:46
Quote:
GT1
I thought May should have passed the ball inside after Georges chip so the conversion was under the posts instead he wandered to the corner & the kick was missed!! Those 2 points would have made all the difference!

Thatís probably symptomatic of the Iíll do it myself attitude. Canít trust anyone else not to drop it.

daktari (IP Logged)
25 September, 2018 07:50
Quote:
vicky_c
Quote:
GT1

Thatís probably symptomatic of the Iíll do it myself attitude. Canít trust anyone else not to drop it.

Its symptomatic of individuals having to take charge , because currently their is no plan, no ownership, no leadership and no team on the pitch, only 15 individuals.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net