Next Game: GPR Away v Gloucester Rugby Fri. Nov. 16th ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Saracens Sun. Nov. 25th ko 3.00pm live on BT

So now Pat has parted company with Cricket Australia
Rich W (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 10:09

Re: So now Pat has parted company with Cricket Australia
Tiggs (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 10:12
His track record isn't the best in that position though ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Rich W (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 10:23
It's not?

He has business experience; he has experience in running a successful high performance sporting set-up; he knows sport and the club. What else does he need?

He's certainly massively more qualified than SC.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 11:01
Does he want to live in England? He went "home" to run a business, can't see him here as a long term appointment.

Johns (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 14:17
PT needs to get on the phone to him, CEO and 200k pa what is not to like?

Tiggs (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 14:41
I meant that things went badly awry on his watch at Cricket Australia, and more than once too.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Rich W (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 14:48
Well I accept that he was party to the culture that lead to the cheating but he was also party to rebuilding that side from where it was 5 or so years ago. But he was never CEO.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 14:59
He'd certainly fit the bill for Ged Glynn's role perfectly.

Highly experienced performance director inside and outside the sport & club. I think a real numbers/business man as CEO and then Howard as a modern day Peter Wheeler would be almost perfect.

He certainly has more relevant experience than the current occupant for the position of CEO, should that be the position available in the future.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 15:03
Wheel braces old job belongs to Johnno and we will not get out of this hole until he is on board. We need a rugby man first and foremost at the helm, then we need a group to manage the money second. No team winning on the pitch, no business to run really.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 15:11
Johnno has never said anything to make it sound like he will ever return to rugby again.

Rich W (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 15:15
Johnno doesn't want it though - and I don't see that changing. Pat might still be looking for another gig.

And his business experience would be more than adequate.

tigerburnie (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 16:53
I'm aware Johnno has said he wouldn't return to coaching/managing, the board room might be different though.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 22:42
Pat has little, if any, commercial experience and any he might have is not really appropriate to running a pro sports club imvho.

Running the sporting part of the club would be correct for him.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Rich W (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 23:33
He ran the family business for some time.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 23:44
For a very short time iirc?

And his "family business" was Optician Shops, again iirc? Hence my observation of "appropriate experience". Different scale, business, country, etc.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

tjs10 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 00:59
I have a feeling that Pat will stay in Australia and will find a new job within rugby (most likely an, as yet unlaunched, competition) reasonably quickly.

Either that or he will take one of the vacancies on the Rugby Australia board, though I would say that is less likely given the current state of flux within RA/SANZAAR & the upper tiers of the sport Down Under at the moment.

Fat Boy (IP Logged)
08 November, 2018 08:26
Quote:
tjs10
I have a feeling that Pat will stay in Australia...

That's what I'm assuming - not that this should prevent anyone giving him a ring to confirm!

On MJ agree with comment from Rich above and can't see him getting involved for now. But, I do think it is different in his case (and I say this as someone else who made that choice to work less and spend more time with the family, so maybe have a similar mindset) in that his kids are getting older - and there will come a point in the next few years when they've grown up and his role as a father will change and be less time consuming if not less challenging. I do wonder if at that point the itch to get involved might come back to him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net