rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: GPR Away v Gloucester Rugby Fri. Nov. 16th ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Saracens Sun. Nov. 25th ko 3.00pm live on BT

Sir for Friday Night Sale
Tiggs (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 10:09
Leicester Tigers v Sale Sharks (Welford Road, 7.45pm)

Referee: Simon Harding

Assistant referees: Gareth Holsgrove, Robert Warburton

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Re: Sir for Friday Night Sale
PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
07 November, 2018 21:45
Thanking you kindly.

Anyone see these folks in action before, eg in lower leagues or A league ?

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 08:36

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 08:40
And always an English team winning....

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 09:06
Or Losing or drawing. The only point of this filler competition is to provide clubs with a bit of revenue during the equally pointless Autumn invitationals. There is no commitment to development as most clubs are playing a high proportion of 1st team regulars or subs. If this is the best that Premiership Rugby and the RFU (who don't really care) can dream up, they deserve a kicking. I certainly won't pay to watch any of it and I suspect many others, including BT in the future, won't either.

samlee99 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 13:15
Quote:
PrestonTiger
Thanking you kindly.
Anyone see these folks in action before, eg in lower leagues or A league ?

I saw Mr Harding a couple of years ago in National League One.

Thirty penalties against one side produced just one yellow card.

This included five consecutive penalties by the same side on their own try line without a card.

Truly and utterly dreadful.

Good luck.

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 13:34
Heck! And the response was to promote him?

samlee99 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 14:19
Well that was three years ago and I believe he has been reffing in the Championship so maybe he has improved.

Mind you he couldn't have got any worse!

Rich W (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 14:40
He'd have to have improved a hell of a lot by the sounds of it though!

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 21:53
Well... after the game..

- rather whistle happy. Some good. Some bad.

Very quick to penalise holding on in the ruck. Some I liked. Some i thought were TOO quickly given.

Ignore in-at-the-side at rucks.

Right to penalise OTY for moaning I thought.

Right to yellow tigers for repeated pulling down mauls.
Right to then give a pen try. Wish more would do it sooner under those circumstances.

But gave pens for 'dangerous play' that were only half as bad as what Farrell got away with last week.

Overall... not too good. But I've seen worse. Last week in fact !

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 22:04
Missed a clear head shot from Ben curry at one ruck. Lost control for a bit after that but not as bad as last week. Ridiculous "advantage over" call in first half when we'd gone back 20 yards in one phase and kicked it straight out. I thought the yellow before the pen try was very harsh and that whole movement came from a very harsh "deliberate" Knock on call.

Overall not as bad as last week but a long way from top standard.

daktari (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 23:34
Quote:
Tom Paine
Or Losing or drawing. The only point of this filler competition is to provide clubs with a bit of revenue during the equally pointless Autumn invitationals. There is no commitment to development as most clubs are playing a high proportion of 1st team regulars or subs. If this is the best that Premiership Rugby and the RFU (who don't really care) can dream up, they deserve a kicking. I certainly won't pay to watch any of it and I suspect many others, including BT in the future, won't either.

This 100% This!

Rich W (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 00:07
Jesus - must have watched a different referee.

Far, far worse than last week! And he didn't have the Worcester first XV in his ear.

S4llyC (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 08:10
Quote:
Rich W
Jesus - must have watched a different referee.
Far, far worse than last week! And he didn't have the Worcester first XV in his ear.

Unfortunately he had OTY in his ear instead, and sadly that did us no favours - he was clearly irritated by it and that certainly didnít help our cause. I love Tom, but sometimes he needs to be careful about how he speaks to the ref, listening to him on the reflink thingy.

I thought Worth had a good solid game in atrocious conditions, but Jordan O was disappointing. Joe F didnít add much at all when he came on. Guy Thompson continues to impress though, and it was good to see Mike Williams getting stuck in first half.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 10:00
Bullshit about the mauls.

Another game decided by the referee and his whims.

No wonder no one turns up anymore. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 12:21
He was something of an improvement from last week but mainly on the basis that he couldn't have been any worse.

jojo (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 14:31
Not much to choose between the two of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net