Latest News:

Next Game: ECC Home v Racing 92 Sun. Dec. 16th ko 1.00m live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Harlequins Sat. Dec. 22nd ko 3.00m not live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Computer say ...
09 November, 2018 19:24
... cannot listen to a commentary so only have Tigers text

Thus far the lions led by donkeys have been remembered, though I suppose some remember the donkeys too

Tigers seem to be on the frontfoot early doors

On 10 minutes Tigers give away a penalty for a no arms tackle [not the first penalty conceded] .. DuPreez puts Stale 0 - 3 up

15 minutes and Stale are held up over our line .. we clear .. 0 - 3 .. but Rob Webber then goes over for Stale's first try, DuPreez misses the conversion .. 0 - 8

Stale pinged for coming in at the side .. Tom Hardwick kicks it through the [space between] the posts .. 3 - 8 after 20 minutes .. but we are offside from the kick off and DuPreez does not miss this one 3 - 11 .. however, from the kick off Stale offend and Tom Hardwick makes 6 - 11 against .. 28 minutes and coming in at the side gives Stale yet another penalty, marched forward 10 for dissent, but DuPreez misses

At Castle Grim both Francis [hia failed] and Haywood have gone off injured [23 minutes gone and Glaws are 7 - 5 up on Stains]

Serial penalty advantages and finally ref gives us [another] penalty, but it is still in our half so it goes to touch .. but then we are penalised [side entry OTY] and Stale kick their penalty to touch

Yellow Stains .. hmmm .. Glaws are butchering their chances but will have the wind next half

33 minutes and we are defending our 22 effectively .. for now .. yet more penalties given away by both sides

38 minutes and yet another penalty [scrum] .. Tigers kick to touch in mauling territory .. though we choose to play it across the pitch .. 30 minute try on half time for Guy Thompson in the corner .. 11 - 11 .. very difficult conversion scored by Hardwick and Tigers take the lead for the first time .. 13 - 11

Glaws still 7 - 5 also at half time .. Gosforth ten up on Barf

Mike Fitzgerald on for Mike Williams at six .. 41 minutes and another penalty, for Stale this time and they take a scrum

Stains take the lead gain at Castle Grim .. 7 - 12 [Ed Slater subbed] .. Gosforth 17 - 0 up

Jake Kerr on for OTY .. Stale sub a couple too

52 minutes and, surprise! .. a penalty! .. which Hardwick aims at the posts .. yer man! 16 - 11

57 minutes .. Olowofela hauled down five metres short and Stale clear

Bateman and Cortes on at prop[s] .. Glaws are resting many of their first teamers now for next Friday .. Stale change their front row

Sam Harrison on for Ben White at 9 and Joe Ford on for Kyle Eastmond and Stale sub O'Connor. Harry Wells off for Tommy Reffell

67 minutes and we are defending our line .. we did win a scrum penalty but Joe Ford missed touch when clearing and the ball was returned to our 5 metre line .. good work by Reffell gets us away but we now have a Stale scrum on our 22 .. Stale errors help our cause but we are on the back foot

71 minutes and Andrew Forsyth is on for Gareth Owen. Gosforth 22 up on BarfNil

75 minutes and in defending our line we concede another penalty. If you like rain, substitutions and penalties you'd be well pleased. Fecunda Gigena is yellow carded for persistent penalties

77 minutes and Stale get a penalty try following persistent penalties .. 16 - 18 down

78 minutes and Tigers' penalty is .. missed .. by Hardwick, so still losing [Barf have scored 22- 7]

80 minutes and in pressing we knock-on .. all over .. we lose, but I'll leave it to others to summarise the quality on display and how far long the Geordie Road this takes us.

Gosforth 22 - 7 Barf

Glaws camped on Stains line at the death .. try scored .. conversion good . 14 - 12

The referee is the final arbitrary

Edited 36 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 21:11 by odd-shaped vagaries.

Re: Computer say ...
09 November, 2018 21:11
[www.leicestertigers.com]

The referee is the final arbitrary

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 21:44
I'd summarise as...

2 mediocre teams both putting in a fair bit of graft and hard yards but no invention, in absolutely miserable conditions, watched by a hardy but lacklustre crowd that is cold and wants to go home.

Willbur (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 21:52
Quote:
PrestonTiger
I'd summarise as...
2 mediocre teams both putting in a fair bit of graft and hard yards but no invention, in absolutely miserable conditions, watched by a hardy but lacklustre crowd that is cold and wants to go home.

I wasn't cold, but I did wish I'd gone home earlier....

Duncan Keene (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 22:04
I was cold and wet.

S4llyC (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 22:10
Me too. For the first time ever, I didn’t hang around to clap the players off.

GT1 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 22:58
On a night for up the jumper grind it out don't give the pill away cheaply we still kick the bloody ball away & at times it ended up behide where it was kicked from!
One word - clueless

daktari (IP Logged)
09 November, 2018 23:32
Got very wet and dispirited, held on till after 20 minutes after half time when the hoped for change in dumb tactics of giving possession away failed to materialise and the inevitable successive defeat would follow . Sat in the warm and dry pub and then updated ourselves the inevitable outcome on the app.
We are in big trouble , Worcester and now Sale come to Welford Road and make us look like the confused , dispirited , lacking in confidence outfit we are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/2018 23:37 by daktari.

Rich W (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 00:02
Thought the kicking game was the right tactic in those conditions. Did anyone seriously think ball in hand was a sensible approach on a night like that?

The execution however...oh for Ben Youngs' kicking game!

Still - we should have won even with that referee.

10 November, 2018 09:05
The time to judge our progress (or lack of it) is next week. So what we lost last night. Does it matter? No.

What's important is that we've blooded some youngsters, seen what they can and can't do under pressure and therefore we can plan accordingly. We got some of our first picks back on the pitch and running around again and perhaps we tried things that we wouldn't in a 'proper' game. It sounded like our defence was pretty tight and perhaps we kept kicking it to them so that we could really have a good session at defence. I don't know and I suggest nobody else does other than the coaches.

I really despair at some of the comments about meaningless DEVELOPMENT fixtures (other than development).

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 09:19
Hardwick could be a serious talent IMO.

Reminds me a bit of Goode when he was here.
Still got a lot of work to do but the guy is full of confidence and can see him being one of those players fans just back.

Should’ve gotten the kick to win but looking at his kicking up to that I would be willingly to forgive it.

Really wish Simmons and Aspland-Robinson was fit for this comp really excited to see how they can progress.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 09:31
That kick to win really looked like it went over to all of us.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

(JSF) (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 10:18
Agree re Hardwick, definitely one for the (near) future, and he was seriously pumped when decisions went our way.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ0BFYV4zuKiQxAjIXdY4zVnb4bJpjzN3WIJiuYTCU7YKsSpf_yuA

daktari (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 10:21
Agree about Hardwick, looks like a real Tiger in the making. Has some real spirit about him , loved his response after converting the kick from the try just on the halftime break . Turned to the North stand and punched the air and encouraged the crowd.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 11:16
Or his dad who watches from that stand.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 12:26
Who told them to resort back to the kicking game, particularly poor choice in those conditions. We were lead to believe it was all MOCs fault but perhaps it wasn't.

Rich W (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 12:30
Kicking was abad option in those conditions?

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 12:36
Well I don't understand it but some one must

Rich W (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 12:43
Well it's harder to hold on to the ball. It's harder to pass it. It's harder for the opposition to catch it.

Wet weather generally results in more kicking.

Unfortunately we didn't kick well enough but the tactics were spot on.

johnthegrif (IP Logged)
10 November, 2018 13:36
Kicking a good option in those conditions, a swirling wind and a slippy ball difficult to catch and control, that is why both teams did it. A running game was not on the cards as players slipped on that surface when trying to change direction.I too thought that the last penalty went over and was surprised the flags stayed down. The positive are that some players have had a couple of weeks off to rest and recuperate and get over niggles, a few young lads have had some valuable experience and Evans and Fitzgerald have got some game time following long term injury. All may help us later in the season with more meaningful matches.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net