Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Teamís up
tigersimon (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:29

Re: Teamís up
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:32
Murphy has lost my support by picking Ford over Hardwick.

tigersimon (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:33
With Ford at Fly Half and Spencer and Fitzgerald on the bench indicates our game plan

tigersimon (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:34
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe

Yes, very disappointed with that selection, the best we can hope for at Kingsholm is a LBP, so why not develop Hardwick?

Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:36
That is so disappointing.

daktari (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:40
We are going to get humped

blueamada (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:47
..sorry,appreciate that there is a great deal that I just do not know or be privy to going on either behind the scenes or in training but I just cannot see how this selection is based on current form or ability...surprised and disappointed.
As always,though good luck nonetheless

Tiggs (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:52
15 George Worth

14 Adam Thompstone

13 Gareth Owen

12 Kyle Eastmond

11 Jordan Olowofela

10 Joe Ford

9 Ben White

1 Greg Bateman

2 Tom Youngs (c)

3 Dan Cole

4 Harry Wells

5 Graham Kitchener

6 Mike Williams

7 Guy Thompson

8 Sione Kalamafoni

Replacements

16 Jake Kerr

17 Facundo Gigena

18 Gaston Cortes

19 Will Spencer

20 Mike Fitzgerald

21 Sam Harrison

22 Tom Hardwick

23 Matt Smith

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Tiggs (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:53
I am more disappointed with Spencer on the bench than Ford instead of Hardwick.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Rich W (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 11:56
Disappointing but to adjudge one's support on the basis of one selection is just absurd.

While I cannot personally fathom Ford over Hardwick - it makes literally no sense to me at any level - I have to remember that Geordan et al see the two players play and practice all the time. I've seen no indication thus far that Geordan is risk-averse or reluctant to select youth so it seems to me that there must be a reason for this. Without a lot more information I can't say anything more than I would rather have seen Hardwick but I have to allow that Geordie knows more than I.

scottietiger (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 12:01
Joe Ford ffs! Guaranteed loss coming then!

GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 12:12
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe

It makes so little sense after playing him for the last 2 games. You can't say he was resting/saving him because he picked lots of others for those same 2 games and this game.

Maybe there is more to it and Hardwick has a knock that is too much of a risk to start with?

I'm probably clutching at straws but it doesn't align with his previous selections....

Tiger93 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 12:35
For me, I hope the team just shows fight in preventing Glaws scoring 4 tries. We get points on the point, some youngsters play well. Scrum we should more than just compete, praying our line-out function and that maul-D has improved.

LBP would be nice and denying Glaws the 5. Ford over Hardwick is baffling yes but the absence of TPN and MT still really p*sses me off. They should be playing for us.

Also, time for Worth to step up.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 13:21
A real backward step in selection. Ford has been dreadful the last three weeks.

Williams in the back row again, no real no.7 anywhere in the squad. Kitchener ????

Its pretty hard to be positive when I've no real clue what we are thinking or what the coaches are seeing.

That's before we get to the more genuine 50/50 calls like White/Harrison, Heyes/Cortes, Kerr/Youngs which are worthy of a discussion but just get buried in the noise on the bizarre calls!

15 November, 2018 13:42
Guy Thompson is playing at 7. Do you not consider him to be a real 7? Because he does.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 13:47
He's an 8 who can cover 7 well. Based on his entire career to this point.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 14:07
I thought Thompson has always said he preferred 7?

"It will mark the latest stop in his rise and, afterwards, his mother, who told him not to get a dog, will pop in for tea and say 'I told you so'. Thompson has signed for two years. The chance to play primarily at openside flanker helped seal the Tigers deal, since he was frequently deployed as a No 8 by Wasps.

He is the blueprint for a late bloomer and offers a point of difference as one of the country's fastest forwards, with an ability to wreak havoc in wide channels.

'You can fall into the trap of being a utility player,' he says. 'Leicester said they see me as a No7 and I thought that was the best way to push my career forward. I'm 109kg [17st 2lb]. Am I going to be a top-end No8 at 109kg? Probably not."

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
15 November, 2018 14:11
What Rich says +1

15 November, 2018 14:13
What AW says....

Plus he's been playing pretty well at 7 for us as well!!

15 November, 2018 15:01
Quote:
Rich W
Disappointing but to adjudge one's support on the basis of one selection is just absurd.
While I cannot personally fathom Ford over Hardwick - it makes literally no sense to me at any level - I have to remember that Geordan et al see the two players play and practice all the time. I've seen no indication thus far that Geordan is risk-averse or reluctant to select youth so it seems to me that there must be a reason for this. Without a lot more information I can't say anything more than I would rather have seen Hardwick but I have to allow that Geordie knows more than I.

I'll call you Eddy Stone .. the one shining light I can see [from my window] through a mist of negativity

The referee is the final arbitrary

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net