Latest News:

Next Game: ECC Home v Racing 92 Sun. Dec. 16th ko 1.00m live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Harlequins Sat. Dec. 22nd ko 3.00m not live on TV

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Radio Leicester
GT1 (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 20:25
They can't be bothered to put tonight's match on FM or online!
They have given up on us obviously.
I know we are rubbish atm but this is blatant disrespect towards Tigers fans!
Perhaps Mr Cockerill will explain if he's on the rugby hour this week(if they can be arsed to have one)

Re: Radio Leicester
PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 21:14
Yeah. That Fecked me off big time. Had planned to depart work and listen the 1st half on the car radio before seeing the 2nd half at home on the idiot lantern. Got Jockey Wilson singing Reet Petite instead.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 21:18
You probably got the best of it then Preston!

PrestonTiger (IP Logged)
16 November, 2018 21:20
I should have stayed at work longer !

IanC (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 07:13
As you can imagine I am fairly limited in what I can say.
The decision on DAB only has been made at management level, I'm just a volunteer and have no input at all, and the only way it will change is if enough people complain about it.
As I understand the policy, as it stands anything other than Saturday when it doesn't clash with the City will now be broadcast in this way. After all, it is only a niche sport. (Apparently.)

17 November, 2018 07:42
A cruel cut

For me, whoever made the decision is just that .. almost

The referee is the final arbitrary

17 November, 2018 08:03
[ssl.bbc.co.uk]

The referee is the final arbitrary

Jon T (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 08:05
Quote:
IanC
As you can imagine I am fairly limited in what I can say.
The decision on DAB only has been made at management level, I'm just a volunteer and have no input at all, and the only way it will change is if enough people complain about it.
As I understand the policy, as it stands anything other than Saturday when it doesn't clash with the City will now be broadcast in this way. After all, it is only a niche sport. (Apparently.)

Obviously you are limited in what you can say, and thaks for replying to this thread, but can you suggest the best way we can let the tick thats made this decision know it is unpopular? Their email? Or a generic station email possibly?

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 12:01
Ian can do nothing about it on his own. As I understand it he is not paid by R.L., in that respect he is just one of us albeit with a superior knowledge of both Tigers and the Media. Best thing I can suggest is that we all complain about this issue.

carlaww (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 17:19
The only way to get this changed is to complain to the station, contact numbers and E mail details are on their website.

17 November, 2018 17:42
Its a reflection of how far we've fallen.

Now if we were winning things I bet the coverage would come back.

Just like the physical attendance listeners are probably turning off in their droves.

If that's the case it's a good 'commercial'(I know it's the BBC) decision.

Jon T (IP Logged)
17 November, 2018 21:10
Thanks OSV for the - [ssl.bbc.co.uk] - link, hopefully if enough people complain to the central body the station management will listen.

I'll also email†martin.ballard@bbc.co.uk†asking him to pass on our concerns to management.

I wasn't in a position to check online,but does anyone know if there was any commentery at all online?

GT1 (IP Logged)
18 November, 2018 09:31
Quote:
Jon T
Thanks OSV for the - [ssl.bbc.co.uk] - link, hopefully if enough people complain to the central body the station management will listen.
I'll also email†martin.ballard@bbc.co.uk†asking him to pass on our concerns to management.

I wasn't in a position to check online,but does anyone know if there was any commentery at all online?

I checked online & the RL web site had music on & you can now get the new BBC Sounds app & it had the same prog as FM!
Although the heading on the app said it should be commentary of the game & still does on RL web site scd!
This isn't the first time there's been no FM or online our European game against Ulster wasn't on FM & I complained to Kamlesh Purohit - Deputy Managing Editor who said it was down to the numbers of listeners on a Sat night!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/11/2018 09:33 by GT1.

Chris Egerton (IP Logged)
18 November, 2018 21:19
Like Ian, you'll understand why I can't say too much on here.

However, 're online, it is always available barring a technical glitch albeit in a slightly different way.

I'll plug how that works closer to Saracens to make it clear....

Tiggs (IP Logged)
18 November, 2018 22:14
I think it is disappointing when it is not on FM or DAB, and only online. Hard to get when not at home .

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

19 November, 2018 06:29
Tiggs...the games are always om DAB and online...

Stopsy (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 06:38
I used to be so grateful that Radio Leicester and the Mercury gave so much coverage. Compared to the lack of coverage of any rugby in Cheshire it is good. Please donít let it slide.

GT1 (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 08:34
Quote:
Chris Egerton
Like Ian, you'll understand why I can't say too much on here.
However, 're online, it is always available barring a technical glitch albeit in a slightly different way.

I'll plug how that works closer to Saracens to make it clear....

It's good to see you follow this site Chris but I can assure you the game wasn't online although shown(& still is) on schedule surely someone checks what's going out on your various outputs!!!

I like to listen to you & Steve/Bleth during the game to make sure I don't miss anything & get the boys comments but this is very difficult online & Dab because of the lag both these outputs have!

I see the game is scheduled again on Sunday lets hope we can tune in on all outputs & not just Dab & online mind you gardeners question time might get the nod!!!

Tiggs (IP Logged)
19 November, 2018 08:48
Quote:
Chris Egerton
Tiggs...the games are always om DAB and online...

I think someone at the station needs to check what is actually being broadcast ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

19 November, 2018 08:49
GT1...I promise you it should have been online, but its via the BBC Sport website and app rather than the BBC Leicester stream. Something to do with the BBC Leicester stream connecting to FM.

As I say, when I see the link for Sarries, I'll probably tweet it later in the week..

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net