rugbyunion
Latest News:

Next Game: GPR Home v Northampton Saints Fri. Mar. 22nd ko 7.45pm live on BT
Game After: GPR Home v Exeter Chiefs Sat. Apr. 6th ko 4.30pm live on BT

Proberly Rubbish Cup team for Derby Day?
SK 88 (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 18:49
Go on then, what do people reckon? I'd like a sprinkling of experience throughout the units to give the youngsters half a chance. Bench is a bit too green but we've not much experience as I assume half of the squad will already be off on holiday.

Hills--McMillan--Heyes
----Wells---Lewis----
Tino---Tuilagi----Reffell

White
-----J.Ford*
----------Worth
-------------Olowofela
Varndell------------Sarto
-----Aspland-Robinson

*Assumes Hardwick is injured from the Newcastle A league match.

Bench: Mahoney, Gigena, Fe'ao, Jordan, Lavin, Harrison, Costelow, Thacker

McMillan is rubbish but I'm not sure on starting Kerr as he'll be needed in Prem games and his mind will be on the Scotland 6N camp in any case. Wouldn't want to start Mahoney alongside the green props really.

Re: Proberly Rubbish Cup team for Derby Day?
Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 18:59
I think Jordan is injured.

I would go with
Hills -- Mahoney -- Heyes
--- Wells ---- Lewis
Lavin -- Tuilagi --- Reffell (C)
White
----- Ford
--------- Worth
----------- Thacker
Varndell -------- Sarto
--------- SAR --------

Bench:
Stevens, Grahamslaw, Faeo, Mapapalangi, Gough/Smith,
Law, Costelow, Steward

SK 88 (IP Logged)
21 January, 2019 19:16
If Stevens is fit I'd start him for sure.

I think going too weak/developmental is asking for trouble. It's Saints at the Gardens, they won't give any mercy and with the games v Timisoara are going to be picking a decent side. Conceding 50 or 60 would be really bad for the atmosphere at the club with no game to put it right for ages. I would try and shy away from too many teenagers.

21 January, 2019 20:24
Quote:
SK 88
If Stevens is fit I'd start him for sure.
I think going too weak/developmental is asking for trouble. It's Saints at the Gardens, they won't give any mercy and with the games v Timisoara are going to be picking a decent side. Conceding 50 or 60 would be really bad for the atmosphere at the club with no game to put it right for ages. I would try and shy away from too many teenagers.

TBH can you say Tino has shown that much to say he is better than say Lavin? Same with McMillon and Mahoney, the senior players you picked over the junior I picked have not really shown anything to say that they would make the impact IMO.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
22 January, 2019 08:35
I'm not a big fan of experience for experiences sake but you do need some older heads who can steady the ship.

Though I suppose with Ford, Varndell Sarto you've got three good ones in the backs already.

22 January, 2019 09:48
I feel that coaches should generally work together in these games.

Like for example it seemed that Sale and Tigers where on the same page in their Prem cup game and wouldn't be surprised if Murphy and Diamonds had a chat.

No one learns anything from a completely one sided game at this level.

22 January, 2019 10:15
Saints will play their youngsters. Unfortunately, they are all knocking on the door to be first team picks.

Have a safe trip down.

22 January, 2019 10:56
That is certainly a humble brag. winking smiley

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
22 January, 2019 18:31
If we lose it will be the first time we have lost all 4 games so that might affect both attitude and team selection.

Saint Tim (IP Logged)
23 January, 2019 22:39
Not sure Box Kick It is one of ours.

IDLETIMES (IP Logged)
25 January, 2019 14:23
It will probably be a cracker of a game

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net