Re: Kalamafoni 3 match ban
tigersimon (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 15:57
Thompson at 8?

Tiggs (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 16:06
Well he was due a rest

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

12 March, 2019 16:15
Quote:
Tiggs
Well he was due a rest

Absolutely

The referee is the final arbitrary

SK 88 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 16:23
I'd like to see Fred Tuilagi given a shot with the other first team players available. I think in the Prem Cup games he sometimes can end up being the main focal point and struggles, whereas if he had all the others to help (particularly Thompson, Spencer and Genge) he may be much more effective.

Tricolour (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 18:05
I can see one of Nottingham's BR brought in as cover, either Jordan Coghlan or Josh Poulett. Both are experienced and dare I say a little better than Freddie Tuilagi.

GreenandGold22 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 19:32
What's the latest on Denton?

Stopsy (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 20:41
With Tricolour Ďs well known impartiality when it comes to the Tuilagi clan.

Tricolour (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 21:08
Quote:
Stopsy
With Tricolour Ďs well known impartiality when it comes to the Tuilagi clan.

Not all Tuilagi's are to be tarred with the same brush, young Freddie hasn't assaulted any WPC's as far as I know. He may well turn out to be an excellent BR forward, are you prepared to risk him playing this late in the season with Tigers so close to the bottom?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2019 21:09 by Tricolour.

Stopsy (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 21:11
Glad to hear your vendetta is only against Manu

BG01 (IP Logged)
12 March, 2019 21:45
I'd be surprised if we brought someone in from Nottingham. Even if Kala/BOC/Denton/Reffell are all still out for the next 3 games, our fit back row players are:

Thompson
Evans
Williams
Fitzgerald
Wells
Lewis
Tuilagi
Mapapalangi
Voss

Plus possible development players: Thom Smith / Henri Lavin / Taylor Gough / Grahamslaw

So we'd need another few injuries before things got really drastic.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 20:09
More and more I believe that Tigers need to wise up and defend these situations far better. Just rolling over and accepting the "Tigers tariff" as they tickle our tummy is no longer the way forward imvho.

Kalamafoni was provoked but no mention of this or use as a defence. Yes, it was a red card, albeit a very harsh one when you consider what else happens every week in the Prem.

But, as said, this is one way of getting the guy to take a break!

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

S4llyC (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 22:34
Kalamafoni gets a 3 match ban. Plays again on April 16th.

Rhodes gets a 3 week ban. Plays again on April 2nd.

Is this another TigersíTariff scenario?

Stopsy (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 22:36
No, Saracens have a game next weekend v Saints

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/03/2019 22:36 by Stopsy.

Chris1850 (IP Logged)
13 March, 2019 22:48
Quote:
Yorkie
More and more I believe that Tigers need to wise up and defend these situations far better. Just rolling over and accepting the "Tigers tariff" as they tickle our tummy is no longer the way forward imvho.
Kalamafoni was provoked but no mention of this or use as a defence. Yes, it was a red card, albeit a very harsh one when you consider what else happens every week in the Prem.

But, as said, this is one way of getting the guy to take a break!

Yorkie, this is the second time you have alluded to Kalamafoni being provoked. Genuine question. What are you referring to specifically?

S4llyC (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 07:27
Saracens have a Prem Cup game this weekend, and the Prem game on 23rd March. The next game listed is on 6th April, which Rhodes is eleigible to play in. That makes 2 matches, at least it did when I was at school.

Kalamafoniís ban specifically states 3 MATCHES.

Iím not sure why there should be this discrepancy?

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 08:51
Sarries play the H Cup quarter final v Glasgow on 30 March so it is three matches in three weeks. Because we have not been goood enough to stay in these other comps we donít have such other matches!

S4llyC (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 08:54
Quote:
Tigersfan1
Sarries play the H Cup quarter final v Glasgow on 30 March so it is three matches in three weeks. Because we have not been goood enough to stay in these other comps we donít have such other matches!

Ah, now I understand- I forgot about Europe. How could I possibly have done that........?

Tigersfan1 (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 09:00
As a Tigers fan, selective memory is a blessing just now, sadly! But we will be back

Tom Paine (IP Logged)
14 March, 2019 09:11
The offences for which they were cited may have been similar, but it was out of character for Kalamafoni who may have been provoked (see Yorkie's post). Rhodes, however, was charging around the field seemingly in a permanent red mist and there were a number of other instances of dangerous and foul play for which he ought to have been carded. Again the inconsistencies in refereeing (including assistants and TMO) were unacceptable.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net