Latest News:

Next Game: GPR Home v Bristol Bears Sat. Apr. 27th ko 3.00pm not live on TV
Game After: GPR Away v Harlequins Fri. May. 3rd ko 7.45pm live on BT

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New signings
Tiggs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 12:22
I can't remember Tigers leaving it this late to announce all of their new signings for the next season before ?
In fact most of the announcements have been re-signings, and not new signings.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

Re: New signings
Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 12:27
Potential relegation complicates things, I suspect.

Tiggs (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 12:42
Maybe, but so far we have a lot signed for next year, so not much room for others -

YBY
OTY
G.Ford
M.Tuilagi
Genge
May
Veainu
Cole
Thompson
Spencer
Kerr
Harrison
White
Green
Kalamafoni
Reid
Bateman
Eastmond
Fitzgerald
Wells
Holmes
Denton (?)
Lewis
Simmons
Hardwick
Olowofela
Reffell
Taufua
Blommetjier (?)
Cortes
Feao
J.ford
Gegena
Maafu
Sarto (?)
Smith
Thompstone
C.Thacker
F.Tuilagi
Voss
Worth

That is over 40, and I am sure that I have missed some ?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/tighthead.gif http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.bath1/Bath/Photos/TigersFire2.gif

SK 88 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 13:34
Voss is gone, signed permanently with Coventry.

There will be more leavers, there always are.

Captain Darling (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 16:29
Ma'afu, Sarto and Blommetjies are injury dispensation so as of yet not in contract next season.

Voss has signed an extension with Coventry but I'm unsure if it is again dual-reg.

I've heard that Thompstone and Charlie Thacker are both out of contract and possibly moving on.

Gigena is out of contract but I hope he re-signs.

Feao, Cortes and Eastmond are players whom I've heard varied rumours about whether they are in contract or not.

Charlie Clare
Nephi Leatigaga
Tomas Lavanini
Calum Green
Luke Wallace
Noel Reid
Jaco Taute
Andy Forsyth (dual-reg)
EW Viljeon

Those are the signings I've heard about that are rumoured to be 'done deals'.

Polata-Nau is in contract for next season but there are rumours that the Waratahs want to sign him as they have new investment and an inexperienced front row. If so I could see it happening as TPN has struggled to find form here. Between Youngs and TPN there is a lot of cap invested in a position where Jake Kerr has been the best performer this season. I like TPN but would happily see that salary cap invested in the back row.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 17:11
Coventry's press release said permanent full time deal.

Personally I'd look to keep TPN, people say he struggles for form but no more than Youngs. Both have good games and off games. TPN at least carries better, and often is more active in defence. You need 3 hookers and with 32 games minimum in the season there are plenty of games for all of them, should aim for 20 appearances each.

Yorkie (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 20:43
Won't our new incoming DOR want his say?

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

15 April, 2019 20:58
Quote:
Yorkie
Won't our new incoming DOR want his say?

So who is being shown the DOR?

The referee is the final arbitrary

harlequinade (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 20:58
Quote:
Tiggs
Maybe, but so far we have a lot signed for next year, so not much room for others -
YBY
OTY
G.Ford
M.Tuilagi
Genge
May
Veainu
Cole
Thompson
Spencer
Kerr
Harrison
White
Green
Kalamafoni
Reid
Bateman
Eastmond
Fitzgerald
Wells
Holmes
Denton (?)
Lewis
Simmons
Hardwick
Olowofela
Reffell
Taufua
Blommetjier (?)
Cortes
Feao
J.ford
Gegena
Maafu
Sarto (?)
Smith
Thompstone
C.Thacker
F.Tuilagi
Voss
Worth

That is over 40, and I am sure that I have missed some ?

the definition of insanity is doing something over and over again and expecting the same result.

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
15 April, 2019 21:35
The rumour was a new DOR or Murphy to DOR and a head coach coming in.

With the way Saints are playing in Attack I wouldn't mind Vesty as a head coach option. (Granted would rather a more experienced Coach).

On Polota would depend who was about.
IF a player at that level but not as well known was about and looking for a move for a lot less than what Polota is now currently on I wouldn't mind that trade off.

Of that list of 40 players
As said Voss is off
Ma'afu, Blommetjies and Sarto all injury signings.
Green and Reid not officially announced
Harrison, Thompstone, Smith, Thacker, Tuilagi, Gigena, Joe Ford and Fitzgerald are out of contract still I think
So really we are potentially looking at 27 current senior players 100% still here.
With at least 6 academy grads (so should be cheaper) to be added.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 08:09
As said before on here I really rate Fred Tuilagi, I can't see another option being better value for money and as his game is all about power he's only going to get more powerful from 21 to 23 (i.e. the next contract).

Really should tie him down for one more at least imo.

Harrison might be a bit of bartering, I think its that tough one where he could get more elsewhere but doesn't really want to go and we could maybe get a cheaper option but want him to stay. I'd think something would be done there, he adds a lot of intangibles to the squad imo.

Smith has been an academy coach this year, there is no age cap to the academy credits anymore so that's another thing in his and Harrison's (and Fred's actually) favour. Still does a job for me, and in a position with a high attrition rate worth keeping.

Gigena is pretty good with a high development ceiling. Would like to stay.

I think Thompstone might be time to say goodbye, he is a good winger but his pace had gone before his last injury.

Thacker can't seem to stay fit, if he does stay 1 year max and dual registered to the Champ to prove an ability to stay fit.

On average we use around 50 players for multiple games a season (i.e. excluding 1 game Prem Cup guests), so should base the first team + development squad off those numbers.

AdminBTCov (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 09:05
Firstly, it was a loan, not DR, Captain Darling. Quite different.
Secondly, it's a 'signed' two year deal. Hardly sounds like a loan does it?

Brownian Motion (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 09:48
Blimey, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Who defecated on your Cornflakes?

16 April, 2019 11:20
Quote:
AdminBTCov
Firstly, it was a loan, not DR, Captain Darling. Quite different.
Secondly, it's a 'signed' two year deal. Hardly sounds like a loan does it?

Firstly, assume this is Mr. Voss of whom you write
Secondly, do we have first option for a return after his two years should he be so inclined?
Thirdly, hope [the real] Coventry will have climbed to the top division by then

[edit: of course, it is 'whom' eye rolling smiley]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/04/2019 11:30 by odd-shaped vagaries.

16 April, 2019 18:05
Quote:
SK 88
Coventry's press release said permanent full time deal.
Personally I'd look to keep TPN, people say he struggles for form but no more than Youngs. Both have good games and off games. TPN at least carries better, and often is more active in defence. You need 3 hookers and with 32 games minimum in the season there are plenty of games for all of them, should aim for 20 appearances each.

I rate Taf but Tigers are investing a lot in him and Youngs. There must be significant chunk of salary cap tied up at hooker.

Exeter - Yeandle, LCD, Taione, Innard
Sarries - George, Tolofua, Spurling, Gray
Gloucester - Hanson, Marais, Sherry, Gleave
Quins - Ward, Buchanan, Crumpton, Elia
Wasps - Taylor, Cruse, Johnson, Harris
Bath - Dunn, Batty, Walker, Van Vuuren
Saints - Hartley, Haywood, Marshall, Fish
Sale - Webber, Neild
Bristol - Thacker, Fenton-Wells, Lindsay, Malton
Tigers - Kerr, Youngs, TPN, Stevens, McMillan
Worcester - Singleton, Taufete'e, Annett, Miller
Falcons - Cooper, McGuigan, Socino

If you're investing a lot of cap at hooker you realistically want the consistency of performance that Yeandle/LCD offer Exeter or George/Tolofua offer Sarries. Youngs and TPN haven't offered that sadly.

Worcester have an impressive stable of hookers with Singleton pushing the England squad, Taufete'e a wrecking ball and Annett a very solid Prem player. I can't imagine they're spending the wages Tigers are though.

I like Taf but I'd be happy to see the club take advantage of Kerr pushing on so impressively by investing that cap in the back row. Clare is reportedly signed for next season and Mahoney looks a talent if he gets fit.

SK 88 (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 20:11
I think Kerr kicking on is similar to Fish at Saints, I guess Youngs is on more than Haywood but Hartley will be on a lot more than TPN surely.

Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 20:24
TPN is on around 300,000.

IanC (IP Logged)
16 April, 2019 21:35
And the rest.

16 April, 2019 21:46
(Sm124)
Quote:
Ayerzawannabe
TPN is on around 300,000.

Overwhelmingly .. get rid [imho]

IanC: ''And the rest.'' ... (Sm124)(Sm124)

16 April, 2019 22:36
I've heard that TPN is on just over 300k. Also heard that he's on more than Youngs and Kerr combined which gives a suggestion of what the club were expecting.

On form he's a top international who scrummages very well plus carries and tackles like a top blindside. He's struggled to show that for Tigers though.

I wouldn't be upset with him staying as he is undoubtedly a good player, but if the Tahs are chasing him and he fancies a final contract down under then it could be a win-win situation.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net