Latest news:

Next Game: Premiership Cup Sat 21st Sep Away v Worcester Warriors ko 3:00pm
Game After: Premiership Cup Fri 27th Sep Home v Exeter Chiefs ko 7:45pm

Steve Booth
Discussion started by S4llyC , 14 August, 2019 09:20
Steve Booth
S4llyC 14 August, 2019 09:20
There are reports on the Tigers Facebook pages that Steve Booth has died, aged just 42.

Sorry I haven’t seen any official confirmation, but tragic news, if so.

On his day he had some magic skills, and played an instrumental part in some wonderful victories for the club, and also in League. Unlucky with injuries, as I recall.

RIP Boothy.

Re: Steve Booth
Stopsy 14 August, 2019 10:05
If I recall correctly, some of his alleged off field habits were not conducive to a long life. Sad news, if true, for his family and friends.

IanC 14 August, 2019 10:14
I knew about it yesterday but was asked not to say anything. It's all over twitter, rugby pass etc now so I think I can comment. I worked with him on the Rugby Hour for a couple of years and I will miss his wit and intelligence, as well as his good humour. He did a lot of unsung work for charity and was a deeper person than many would have you believe.
I believe we will have some fuller tributes tonight on the show.

renko 14 August, 2019 10:19
Thanks IanC for adding some detail on Steve. I remember him as one of those rare players who would make the crowd all sit up as soon as the ball was in his hands but sadly I recall his career with us was cut short due to injury. I hope the club can do something to ensure his family are looked after. I will be listening this evening.

Tiggs 14 August, 2019 10:35
Sudden heart attack, very sad. RIP Boothy

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/103/103_0_1529059667.jpg

Duncan Keene 14 August, 2019 11:00
RIP to one of the great entertainers

markismith50 14 August, 2019 11:52
Really shocked to read this news. I worked at Tigers in the early 2000s and moved there from overseas without knowing anybody in the city. Boothy was one of the people who went out of his way to make me feel welcome and help me settle in, and you don't forget things like that.

I worked in the press office at the time and Boothy certainly kept us busy and entertained with some of his antics - a really lovely fella who will be missed.

Rich W 14 August, 2019 12:12
That's awful news.

Stopsy 14 August, 2019 12:28

IanC 14 August, 2019 17:15
George Chuter and Chris Egerton with me and Martin on tonight's show

Purebob 14 August, 2019 18:17
Dreadful. Another bright life cut off at the knees. Too sad.

Donate now to Cancer research

Jon T 15 August, 2019 03:01
Terrible news. Very sad, condolences to his loved ones.

tigersimon 15 August, 2019 04:27
Lovely tribute on Rugby Hour. #RIPBoothy

Willbur 15 August, 2019 06:08
RIP Boothy, no age but thanks for the memories. Thoughts with family and friends at a difficult and terrible time.

Yorkie 17 August, 2019 12:42
Sad news.

Always good company and certainly lived life to the full before his heart packed it in somewhat earlier than expected.

Always comes as a bit of nudge when someone younger (and once much fitter) than ones self passes.

http://www.jakehowlett.com/tuckshop/wrappers/chocolate/plain/yorkie-nutter.jpg

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net